Sign in to follow this  
skydog

Observations on the Horse Stance and Grounding in general

I have been doing a few exercises recently as part of an increase effort to be more in tune with the world after my third eye and areas above the head opened up.

So first of all I started doing the PC muscle exercises, starting at 100 reps, then a month later 900 reps x4 sets, 2 minute holds etc.

This pumps a lot of energy to the root chakra.

The other is horse stance.

I mean deep, good posture, 90 degree horse stance with hands still in prayer position above chest, relaxed.

Ok so a few months ago my best in complete stillness and occassional leg shaking was about 3 and a half minutes. With shaking and hands healing my body it was about 12 minutes or so.

I started this recently again, and first started at 1 minute but did it four times a day or so.

Eventually it got to 4 and a half minutes, then 6 minutes, then 7 minutes, then 8 minutes, then 10 minutes, then 17 minutes. Now its no longer a "Muscle exercise" Rather the energy keeps me there, but Im choosing to progress slowly. As I already had a fair amount of energy.

So I notice that being grounded is related to things like

Feeling safe and prioritising safety

Being responsible

Assessing priorities and risk

Being to the point

Sexuality

Money and Abundance

Comfortable expressing all parts of oneself

etc etc

Ive spent time going over memories related to this stuff.

But also I notice after the Horse Stance and during all kinds of thoughts and beliefs pop up related to being grounded eg.

I am not grounded because I take a lot of risks

Grounded people never have fun and are always worried.

I dont like to follow rules so Im not grounded etc.

Some of these are complete nonsense.

So deleting the weaknesses helps or strengthening a part of behaviour. SO by having certain beliefs about why your not grounded makes you ungrounded.

But yeh acting or not acting a certain way can ground one or unground one.

I guess its more having your feet on the ground.

I also notice that if one isnt careful this heavy earth energy can open up a lot of crap which blocks the spiritual stuff. For example. I notice there is an urge to not bother with big ideas, "be realistic" etc.

A lot of people on this site favour practices related to working with earth energy first.

But often this can have the effect of working entirely with the earth energy and neglecting the spiritual. This can leave people feel groggy, tense with the energy sinking, instead of the light of the higher energy.

When people ignore the spiritual, they are too "realistic" lacking imagination, creativity, perception, heart blockages. Too much aggression etc.

However equally if one ignores earth energy, they lack vitality and being in tune with the world.

Also I was discussing with someone yesterday saying how I like how the Chinese keep things quiet and humble with their QIgong and he mentioned yeh sometimes its out of humility but often its to prevent progress and the students from out progressing them, so they keep things hidden. With the third eye open, ones intuition is the practice, they know exactly how much and when, they know all kinds of things about nature and the future and reading others energy. Without they are stuck.

• Like 4

Thank you, skydog! More horse stance for me, then :o

That damn pony is strangely alluring :ph34r:

The part that you related about it no longer being a muscle exercise resonates. It is similar to when tiredness/pain dissolves and the energy just keeps me there with shaking.

I don't think I have ever been extremely grounded as you describe here. Always been residing in the penthouse.

I look forward to my grounding experiences with my lad Pegasus. Thanks for sharing.

does third eye being open = no more possibility of head pressure?

sorry, i feel like this is a slight derail and i would like to say something more meaningful but its a burning question i have

In my experience pain, is usually channels trying to open, and resisting the process in someway or not being comfortable with "spiritual opening" can cause pain. Ive never really had this sort of pain, it usually just feels good there. I feel that for you it is related to an unconscious repression of opening that area and what you would believe would happen to you if it did. That is merely my own perception however, and I would ask someone more experienced.

Thank you, skydog! More horse stance for me, then :o

That damn pony is strangely alluring :ph34r:

The part that you related about it no longer being a muscle exercise resonates. It is similar to when tiredness/pain dissolves and the energy just keeps me there with shaking.

I don't think I have ever been extremely grounded as you describe here. Always been residing in the penthouse.

I look forward to my grounding experiences with my lad Pegasus. Thanks for sharing.

Haha yeh, I thought I would share my experiences, and a reccomendation to not lose the spiritual stuff, I reccomend learning to delete weaknesses as they pop up from the horse stance.

Haha have fun with pegasus lol.

Peace

does third eye being open = no more possibility of head pressure?

sorry, i feel like this is a slight derail and i would like to say something more meaningful but its a burning question i have

Sinking qi helps the head pressure thing a lot! The horse stance is really good for qi sinking ;).

• Like 1

To edit todays session made me realise yesterdays session was not quite thighs flat more 70-80% getting lazy (at least yesterday), so not as good as I thought.

Also this post was perhaps more for me since I highly value things like creativity, perception, imagination, having an open heart, not too much aggression, Having high expectations such that people may deem realistic or unrealistic. Perhaps this is not everyones values or path.

Also deleting the weaknesses with the yuen method/whatever will ensure that the energy goes up/down, not just the physical exercise.

For example some beliefs popped out today

"I am a spiritual person

I am not an earthly person

A memory of not belonging at one school

I feel strongly that people should work in jobs they enjoy and not slave labour

I dont like Tv shows that other people like.

etc etc

I find beliefs like this make one feel less like they belong and less rooted so to speak.

So deleting weaknesses, beliefs, and changing behaviour patterns can keep ones feet on the grounding.

However as someone I respect once said the goal is not to keep the energy down, the energy can and should stay up as it does so naturally, but if it is not going down, naturally then one should look to there life and behaviour patterns to make sure there are no reasons the energy isnt getting stuck.

These are all my own observations. I am no master.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this