minus

What to remind yourself when you feel alone.

When you feel lonely, you are suffering from a perception......not a condition.

Being everywhere in everyone and everything and every non-thing.......that's a condition.

Being alone.....that's a perception. It's a perception you can have even in a crouded room.

It's a perception that arises out of the way we interpret the differentiation of being wherein

our skin is percieved as the outer border of ourselves. What our skin really is though, is just another

layer of differentiation in an endless continuum of differentiation that goes on forever in every direction.

Being is being. It differentiates, but it does not exist here and there separated by nonbeing.

Non-being by it's own definition does not exist. How would it? Being appears in places, and doesn't in

other places, but that doesn't mean that it isn't everywhere always whether it is appearing

or not. I think anyone who understands this can be free of lonelyness.....Of course there is the boredom

not having the mental stimulus of conversation and there is missing the jokes, stories, and what-not that

constitutes the enjoyable aspects of being with someone, and that can viably be called loneliness, but

it's not nearly as painful as being under the false impression that there is a "you" somewhere in a state

of being "alone". I get to feeling lonely sometimes when I have spent a long time by myself, but if it

really starts to bother me I just say to myself " Hey, you aren't suffering dillusions again are you?

Stop it!" :)

-

post-1883-1179550899_thumb.jpg

"Loneliness"

'Yes?' Asked the owl.

'Thank you,' the rabbit replied eagerly, ' I did want to ask you a question, but I was afraid of interrupting your thoughts.

'Interrupting my ... what?' cried the owl, raising his wings in indignation.

'Your, well your... I did say your thoughts I'm afraid,' the rabbit replied apologetically.

'Only wingless human beings waste their time with superficial objective nonsense like that!' the owl snapped indignantly, clacking his beack. 'Their minds are split from soon after childhood to the grave.'

'I think I have heard you say that "space" and "time" are "objective nonsense" also,' said the rabbit, 'and I wanted to know why that is so.'

'Objectively and for the same reason, they are chemically-pue nonsense,' replied the owl, 'but subjectively they are what you seem to be as an objective appearance.'

'Why is that?' asked the rabbit, raising an ear.

'If your appearance were not extended dimensionally in "space", and if your appearance had no duration in "time", you could not appear,' replied the owl; 'is not that obvious?'

'And you could not see me?' mused the rabbit.

'You would not be there either to be seen or to look,' the owl pointed out.

'So that all phenomenal appearance is "pure nonsense"?' the rabbit exclaimed.

'One would think that you were beginning to understand something,' the owl commented with surprise.

'But if that were understood everything should become clear and there would be nothing further to discuss!' argued the rabbit thoughtfully.

'As you say,' snapped the owl, 'could anything be more obvious?'

'Then why don't you teach it?' the rabbit queried.

'I do not teach,' hooted the owl, 'I answer questions, but the askers do not seem to pay attention to the answers.'

'So that when you say it you are a "voice crying in the wilderness",' suggested the rabbit.

'An owl hooting in the empyrean,' correcting the owl.

'Must be lonely,' the rabbit sympathized, 'the empyrean looks empty.'

'Only an object can be lonely,' the owl snapped. 'I am not an object.'

'But when you are hooting in the empyrean, are you not an object?

'Only to you,' the owl answered, fixing her with his great eyes.

'But how is that?' asked the rabbit.

'All objects are only such to a "you", the owl urged. 'Cannot you see that?'

'And you, not being an object, are not lonely?' the rabbit asked, scratching one ear meditatively.

'All objects are inevitably lonely,' the owl pointed out, 'being apparently separate; split and alone they think they are unhappy. I am never lonely.'

'But why is that?'

'How could I be lonely?' hooted the owl. 'I am the emptrean. How-whit-how-whit-how-whoooo: I who am everything, I who am no "thing"!'

Spectrum

It's a perception that arises out of the way we interpret the differentiation of being wherein

our skin is percieved as the outer border of ourselves. What our skin really is though, is just another

layer of differentiation in an endless continuum of differentiation that goes on forever in every direction.

Wow, this is really terrific! Thanks!

Cool story. Deep. I'm not so sure about the rabit, but I got a feeling if owls could speak in human language that would be the kind of thing they would say.

-

Wow, this is really terrific! Thanks!

Thanks for thanking me. Not that i ( as opposed to I ) am the the origin of the idea. Only the wording (if it hasn't been used already by someone in the world). :)

-

minusnano.bmp

minusnano.bmp

Edited by minus