Aetherous

The Corruption of TED talks

I have really enjoyed watching TED talks over the years, but...

http://www.naturalnews.com/042112_TED_conferences_pseudoscience_GMO.html

I think 98% of people with a science background will see through this nonsense. What they perpetuate as 'real science' is just a very selective choosing with an agenda. Some of the uneducated will fall for it. Shameful.

Edited by turtle shell
  • Like 3

i agree, trying to rally people against gmos while knowing nothing about them is lame

i avoid gmos, but i know that i am no scientist. i just follow the "better safe than sorry" method and i'm waiting for the conclusive animal test findings (the generation of humans currently consuming this stuff)

i just avoid what makes me feel bad and do what makes me feel good, somehow this led to where i am now

Thanks turtleshell. Fuck TED anyway, as you said they represent a dangerous agenda and have banned some valuable talks. They also represent the proliferation of a mindset which prefers to get its news from glorified sound bites instead of delving deeply into an issue. So easy to misrepresent what is real in that format, and now we see that there are vested interests at play, and that TED is corrupt.

There is some French research on the effects of GMOs on animals, but all American attempts to study GMOs have been mysteriously underfunded and disrupted.

The French research came out last year from Caen University (i think) and i won't link to anything because you should look into it for yourself.. its highly polarized and very contested research (and for some valid reasons) so i will let you wade through the data yourself.

It did show dramatically higher incidence of cancer, tumors, organ failure, and other abnormalities in rats fed GMO corn than in rats fed natural corn.

As far as i know, we are still waiting on a study which studies the effects over generations and how the genetic modifications to the corn effect the genetic modifications of offspring and their offspring etc. I could be wrong, but I do make effort to stay on top of the issue.

• Like 4

I haven't been listening to Ted's lately, but the article in the OP wasn't particularly persuasive to me. In any case there's so much breadth in scope of TED talks that you shouldn't dismiss all of them due to creeping 'Scientism'(? there word not mine) and a few GMO positive stories out of 100's of diverse subjects. I'm sure they get equal calls of slantism from the right wing.

• Like 1