4bsolute

The Importance of Body Hair - Why is it important to have hair and not shave?

Dear Ones,

I want to find out if it is important to have body hair regardless of the climate one is living in. Aside with the fashionist shaving to follow the modern standard and being supposedly more attractive.

Please follow and hopefully aswell answer me with non-bias.

I personally don't like my body hair. But I feel like it has a certain importance to it. Have you ever noticed that the stomach hair spirals? That our hair is spiraling from the top of our heads? That spiritual people from india let their hair grow long and form a turban / pugree at the exact location to make the spiral even bigger?

That being said hair could have a conductor function for external energies. Helps it spiral on / into our heads, with an easy help of our head hair, our beard (if male) distributes it evenly to our chest, down to our genitals and legs. Heck even when I look at the growth and flow of the hair on my underarm, I notice a spiral.

I used to love to have a shaved chest and stomach because you could see more finer details of the muscles. Surely I dont have to mention the clean feeling when being shaved around the genitals. Now I let it grow, but I dont really find it aesthetic... it's more like I tend to develope an "i dont care about my body hair" attitude.

But what happens if we do shave? What impact does it have on the cultivation of energy?

In India apprentice Saddhu's shave their head and the longer their hair grow mirrors somewhat their overall experience. In the history of Eastern Asia people have never shaved hair, except monks and working people.

I also have not found any evidence of shaving in Taoism.

Again, I ask such questions first the "outside world" and then go inside. Ultimatelly I ask this, because I want to maximize every inch of my being and step away from notions like "do what you like -or- who the hell cares" which is just ignorant and shows lack of knowing.

I'm curious what knowledge you have gathered! Do you have any insight on the topic of shaving hair?

Please let me, let us know!

Kind regards

Edited by 4bsolute
  • Like 1

someone could write a book and maybe title it, "Hair Samadhi" which could be as important as the Nag Hammadi. What you think, OP?

:)

• Like 1

Having a beard is always good in every situation forever. It can only ever increase your handsomeness, skills, strength, speed, intelligence and seductiveness...

And to quote a band called 'The Beards' ~ "having a beard is the new not having a beard"

• Like 3

I don't think hair has anything to do with chi, it's just non-living keratin.

The not-shaving tradition in some groups is simply about not worrying about your appearance - dispassion and humility. This is the same reason that other groups go the opposite way and remove all their head hair. Both extremes are not caring.

Aside from that, it's just a cultural thing.

• Like 1

I don't think hair has anything to do with chi, it's just non-living keratin.

The not-shaving tradition in some groups is simply about not worrying about your appearance - dispassion and humility. This is the same reason that other groups go the opposite way and remove all their head hair. Both extremes are not caring.

Aside from that, it's just a cultural thing.

maybe. Yet the stuff has roots, grows, has moisture and oils. You can learn to focus on it, there are hair breathing practices out there. .. antenna's are just pieces of metal.

Remember reading about some tribe people who were drafted into armed service - they were able to sense enemies in the dark from very far away, however, once they cut their beards and hair off, they lost this ability.

Maybe someone can confirm if this is a true story or not :D

The adoption of hair in various spiritual practices seems quite significant to me. Hair typically represents 'earthiness', sexuality, and general physicality. As a result, (well without going into reasoning) hair seems to be quite polarized. There are usually very strong rules about hair in various spiritual disciplines or religious rules/societies.

For me, hair can represent your power. Some spiritual practices want/need it to be channeled in a specific way for whatever ends. Some societies want to control it for whatever ends. Hope my opinion based on observation sheds some light on the topic.

Having a beard is always good in every situation forever. It can only ever increase your handsomeness, skills, strength, speed, intelligence and seductiveness...

And to quote a band called 'The Beards' ~ "having a beard is the new not having a beard"

you're lookin' good, my friend! ;)

• Like 1

I beg to differ. It's true that they used to offer to the public The Incredible Bearded Woman at every circus, but I don't think she was there to set an example.

• Like 1

I must say i detest getting haircuts - in fact i don't remember the last time i went to a barber.

Once in a while mYTHISmAKER trims / evens up the back.

After she does this i feel a little diminished like I or my aura has shrunk.

It takes a few days to get back to feeling expansive.

Remember reading about some tribe people who were drafted into armed service - they were able to sense enemies in the dark from very far away, however, once they cut their beards and hair off, they lost this ability.

Maybe someone can confirm if this is a true story or not :D

Not to be offensive but why do you downplay this with the smiley in the end? Like you want us to believe that it was all rubbish what you have just written about said experience.

This is fully valid in my opinion.

i heard the ancient cultivators would pluck all of their body hair except for the top of the head.

what reference to do so?

The adoption of hair in various spiritual practices seems quite significant to me. Hair typically represents 'earthiness', sexuality, and general physicality. As a result, (well without going into reasoning) hair seems to be quite polarized. There are usually very strong rules about hair in various spiritual disciplines or religious rules/societies.

For me, hair can represent your power. Some spiritual practices want/need it to be channeled in a specific way for whatever ends. Some societies want to control it for whatever ends. Hope my opinion based on observation sheds some light on the topic.

Very interesting thanks.

I will definitelly repost my findings and experience with my first time having shoulder long hair by hopefully the end of this year. Since my training is to become more sensitiy to feel more subtle energies, there is great value in sharing these informations. No doubt.

Thank you everyone! Much appreciated.

Edited by 4bsolute

So bald people are done for spiritually?

Don't know about other parts of the body but in my culture a shaven head is a sign of austerity and does bring about a sense of lightness and serenity. Traditionally sons mourning the death of either of their parents have to shave their heads and I can tell from experience that it changes the psycho-emotional make-up.

Also monks/renunciates have to shave in some orders.

On the other hand long hair too can feel dry comforting and secure. I can't say energetically either has any bearing on us.

Not to be offensive but why do you downplay this with the smiley in the end? Like you want us to believe that it was all rubbish what you have just written about said experience.

This is fully valid in my opinion.

It's not downplaying anything :D A smile is a smile.

I don't actually know whether the story was true, as i said - "i remember reading somewhere" isn't exactly the strongest of references.