Cheshire Cat

Initiations in Tibetan buddhism

I would like to ask if someone is willing to share his/her own experience on the benefits (or at least, the impact) of a certain initiation (which he received) in ordinary life.

I ask this because I plan to take an initiation, I know about the samaya, etc.. but I'm not sure if those things really work.

Also, I want to ask if a sadhana of a certain Yidam is given in transliterated tibetan rather than english. I don't like sadhanas in english, they sound weird hehe

I would like to ask if someone is willing to share his/her own experience on the benefits (or at least, the impact) of a certain initiation (which he received) in ordinary life.

I ask this because I plan to take an initiation, I know about the samaya, etc.. but I'm not sure if those things really work.

Also, I want to ask if a sadhana of a certain Yidam is given in transliterated tibetan rather than english. I don't like sadhanas in english, they sound weird hehe

You can PM me the specifics. I will talk about what I can if it will help you.

Edit: are you asking about a specific initiation like a certain deity, or are you just asking someone to share about any initiation in order to try to understand how lineage and yidam energy manifests?

Edited by konchog uma
  • Like 1

The empowerments are nothing without a strong daily practice and retreats to back it up. It's the practice that cuts our ties to samsara, the empowerments only give us a foundation, possibly a taste, and permission to begin the practice.

Sure there is some blessing involved, but it's a waste of the good karma of recieving the empowerment if we don't do the work afterwards.

They are all done in Tibetan, until there is a living lineage of enlightened masters to pass them on in English.

• Like 1

Edit: are you asking about a specific initiation like a certain deity, or are you just asking someone to share about any initiation in order to try to understand how lineage and yidam energy manifests?

Yes! That would be very interesting! :-)