Sign in to follow this  
sunshine

Yoda & sungazing

Hi Master Yoda,

first of all. Thankx for your replies to my other topics. Regarding sungazing: does sungazing NEED the sun shining into ones face or does one just have to imagine it does. Germany is pretty cloudy and sun is tough to find.

thankx

Harry

Actually, I've had luck with just looking at the clouds in the approx. direction of the sun. You do get something that way. And to start off, that could be a big plus. To be extra safe, you might do that during the first or last hour of the day. You need to do your own research about safety b/c it's so important, but at your latitude the sunshine would be pretty durn weak in the winter. Some discussion is at rawpaleodiet.org/sungazing and you can order a $5 UV detection card so you can get a feel for safe UV levels.

Do things clear up in the summer?

-Yoda

Thankx Yoda. Well. Summer is far too short in Germany. 2-3 month if we are lucky... but this would already be a GOOD summer...

Harry

Have you read this?

http://www.newstarget.com/003069.html

Be sure to take your vitamin D--Dr Holick recommends 1000 IU per day in northern latitudes. If you are the adventurous sort, you might consider DHEA as well during the winter.

If I were in your shoes, I'd do lots of safe cloud gazing. Even through thick clouds you get about 25% of the charge of sungazing in my estimation.

-Yoda

Hi Master Yoda,

first of all. Thankx for your replies to my other topics. Regarding sungazing: does sungazing NEED the sun shining into ones face or does one just have to imagine it does. Germany is pretty cloudy and sun is tough to find.

Not to bum you out sunshine, but I lived and worked in Germany for awhile and actually moved to California mainly because I knew I couldn't handle another winter there. It's weird to think about this now in the context of my sungazing practice, but I remember telling people that it was like the winter sky in Germany is so inpenetrably grey and for such a long period of time, that a part of me began to doubt that the sun was even behind it. I had never had the experience of having the "of course the sun is behind that" intution challenged. It was obviously not a logical challenge, but a description of how it felt emotionally to be confronted with such persistent darkness.

It's funny because I was recently thinking about how I would handle living in Europe again if I ever decided to in the future. I realized that it would be necessary for me take weekend flights to Spain or Greece for prolonged sungazing/sunbathing at least twice a month. In between trips I would go to a tanning salon for 5-8 minutes once a week and make frequent use of a SAD lamp. Of course this regimen would require some financial abdundance I haven't achieved just yet. :?

And I would spend the entire summer outdoors. Summers in Germany are absolutely beautiful, albeit short, and actually came very close to making it worth the winters for me.

Sean.

Harry,

My sense is that once you have had the experience, you can connect with it energetically. Can you remember the taste of chocolate? Can you remember a sunny day? a cloudy day? There is a difference in feeling when you have those memories, as those memories have an energetic basis.

By experiencing the external world, we learn to connect to its origins through the ever-originating portal inside of us. We can connect with the energy the energy that drives the Sun, without needing to connect to the Sun.

Of course, you need those experiences first. As you stare in the sky, or are simply aware of the direction in which the Sun now is, meditate/ruminate on memories of sunny days you have experienced. What is the type of sunny day you want right now? Feel it, picture it, with you in it, inside your lower tan tien. Play with other elements if you want to (water, wind, vegetation, soil). That is part of Winn's fusion audio tapes (and they are fantastic!).

I live in very cloudy Ontario Canada, which was a real change from the big cloudless skies of Western Canada where I grew up. For years the winters were kind of depressing here. But, after learning to play with the ideas of fusion and kan & li, I am now not so dependent on the outer weather. Again, it is always nicest to have the ideal outer weather, but learning to explore our inner weather is available and ultimately needed.

Chris

But, after learning to play with the ideas of fusion and kan & li, I am now not so dependent on the outer weather. Again, it is always nicest to have the ideal outer weather, but learning to explore our inner weather is available and ultimately needed.

Really good point Chris. Thanks for posting that.

Sign in to follow this