Basher

Multiple Posting - Rules ?

Hi All,

I've been asked a question and don't know the answer, so thought this was probably the right place to mention it.

The OP of a thread answered another's question, then slightly later wanted to add another post on one particular point, for emphasis. But found that whatever they wrote, just got added to their last post.

Is that, connected to the 30 minute edit thing ?

As I thought that we'd done away with all of the editing restrictions and reverted back to the old way of doing things ?

Cheers

Basher

They can edit all they want, but new posts get added to the bottom of their old post if they keep posting.

Sort of like this

It tidies it up with the folks who do 10 posts in a row ;)

Won't mention any names... LOL

It has nothing to do with the 30 minute edit thing all together, not sure why they would think that?

Ah, but choosing a random person like Arcimedes Half Crocus, his thread on the Chinese Noodle Reactor meltdown, would end up being one huge long post !!!!!

Unless somebody interrupted him.

• Like 1

It tidies it up with the folks who do 10 posts in a row ;)

Won't mention any names... LOL

i normally do two posts in a row because it is difficult to use the forum software on my tablet + quoting peoples posts

i like this new feature :P

• Like 1

if it is a poster who has the style of particularly long posts and all of those are merged together,

how does that look?

nevermind, i think, i know a thread in the pit i could go check and see for myself

is this in effect in the pit? there are still the consecutive individual posts from an individual who posts consecutively. nothing was merged. i expected to find one post running 3 pages

They likely did all those posts in a row before he new posting merging thing was implemented..

Quite Likely.

Within a 30 minute window, yes. It is a board wide setting. If it is really important that something be composed of two posts they would need to be posted at least 31 minutes apart.

Hehehe. I normally can't wait that long 'cause I'll forget what I was going to say.

Edit to add: I'm the guy who tries to live sponatneously, remember?

Edited by Marblehead

Within a 30 minute window, yes. It is a board wide setting. If it is really important that something be composed of two posts they would need to be posted at least 31 minutes apart.

ok, i wasnt aware of the 31 minute rule :)

Hehehe. I normally can't wait that long 'cause I'll forget what I was going to say.

Edit to add: I'm the guy who tries to live sponatneously, remember?

if you are trying you can't be spontaneous :)

if you are trying you can't be spontaneous :)

Therein lies the problem. I can't be spontaneous if I have to wait.

Therefore that fact that my replies in a specific thread get clumpped together does not bother me because I continue to be spontaneous. So what if three replies to three different posts get clumpped together? If anyone reads them they will know to whom I am responding in each of my replies.

It's simple, you can plan to be spontaneous, every 31 minutes. ;)

Hehehe. This is going to be a beautiful example of the clumping. That was funny. So I have to live in a constructed reality, constructed by others, before I get the opportunity to be spontaneous for a minute or two. That really plays hell with my being an Anarchist!!!

It seemed to be the part of the changes that members were generally indifferent to, so it was left in place.

You have no fucking idea how indifferent I can be!!!

It was announced in the same thread that everyone noticed the edit timer in. I can't help it if people don't pay attention. :)

Comment Deleted....but had something to do with the whole Edit thing... LOL

I would make another comment but I have nothing further to say.

Well, that's just here. I'm still reading new posts since my last visit.

I sometimes miss out on welcoming newbies to the Lobby, because I want to get up-to-date on all the threads everywhere else.

:blush:

Think I need to learn to ignore certain posters on here, :wacko: anything even vaguely related to the subject of "M* P**" , :D

also need to read LESS and practice MORE :excl:

Basher

• Like 2

I sometimes miss out on welcoming newbies to the Lobby, because I want to get up-to-date on all the threads everywhere else.

:blush:

Think I need to learn to ignore certain posters on here, :wacko: anything even vaguely related to the subject of "M* P**" , :D

also need to read LESS and practice MORE :excl:

Basher

^^^Thanks for the reminder, Basher.