Songtsan

Please recommend a good, comprehensive, detailed book on Qigong meant for intermediate to advanced practitioners.

What sort of qigong? What are your goals with the qigong? This might help to narrow down which type/system.

When you say intermediate or advanced, do you mean that recommending zhan zhuang the best qigong ever, is out? :) That's a good one that even the most experienced folks keep at throughout their decades of practice.

• Like 2

easy.

1.) Healing Promise of Qi by Roger Jahnke.

2.) Qigong Empowerment by Shou-Yu Liang and Wn-Cheng Wu

3.) The Essence of Internal Martial Arts, Vols 1 & 2 by Jerry Alan Johnson

as far as a single book that has it all... it really depends on what you're looking for and what you consider to be intermediate-to-advanced.

i value principles over techniques, so a book like Qigong Empowerment isn't quite as good to me as Healing Promise of Qi is. Johnson's books have a good blend of both, but the info is martial oriented.

Edited by Hundun
  • Like 1

Look at some of Daniel Reids works, though they may be more informative then practice oriented. The Tao of Health, Sex & Longevity and The Complete Book of Chinese Health and Healing: Guarding the

Three Treasures.

For chi gung practice routines I like Michael Winns Fundamental II video dvd and his Gods play in the Cauldron which had the PanGu form. Note he may have changed the names of since I bought them.

For Jerry Alan Johnson books I'd more recommend the medical qigong vol 1 and 4 over the other ones... unless you are a martial artist of course. The medical qigong ones have an amazing amount of advanced qigong exercises.

However I must have been half asleep when I posted earlier and forgot to mention: Steve is right, most definitely get a teacher for the advanced qigong stuff, qi deviations are more possible with the advanced stuff, but also there are so many things which just can't be taught with books. That is if you can find any in your area.

Part narrative, part informational, but good in the sense that it gives a well rounded understanding of Qigong but does have a focus on a particular system of neigong. One of my favorites: http://www.amazon.com/Warriors-Healing-Medical-Shamans-ebook/dp/B004GNFXMW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1379256444&sr=8-2&keywords=A+Light+Warriors+guide

My 2 cents, Peace