Sign in to follow this  
3bob

the potential for hell

The catch is that the potential for hell is directly related to the potential for enlightenment..

Thus the higher one gets the farther they can fall, much further than a regular Joe or a plain Jane.

(that is until ego, after serving it purpose, dies once and for all)

• Like 1

From my current perspective the potential for hell is the same as the potential for heaven, but enlightenment isn't concerned with either

'heaven" comes before and is also connected to enlightenment,

I'd say it is not a matter of concern or non-concern, it is more the matter of freedom in either and the working out and fulfillment of Spirit.

...although MH we are also talking about the potential of unlimited (aka full enlightenment)

...although MH we are also talking about the potential of unlimited (aka full enlightenment)

Lots of luck with that one.

I will wait to see who attains that state first then. Go for it!

Problem is that will never happen in the future, neither for someone else or you.

(with enlightenment only being now)

Edited by 3bob

Is the terminal velocity involved? You know, you get enlightened enough that it doesn't matter how far you hell because you will be going at the possible maximum speed?

Concerning hell, I like to recall an excerpt from a quote I found from Zen master Pao-chih:

"The ignorant fear hell, but the wise consider it no different from heaven. If the mind is never aroused toward objects, then wherever you walk is the site of enlightenment."

-Pao-chih

excerpt from "The Zen Reader", edited by Thomas Cleary

• Like 1

Yet the Buddha and the god talked about this subject, (post Buddha's enlightenment) and afterwards the Buddha decided not to check out of this world or hide out in the forest, seeing that some beings had little dust in their eyes and needed help - meaning to me beings tending towards heavenly states.

Edited by 3bob

Is the terminal velocity involved? You know, you get enlightened enough that it doesn't matter how far you hell because you will be going at the possible maximum speed?

escape velocity is something else to think about...

it is hard to get away from a good football game...lol

Hehehe. I'm glad I never got hooked on watching sports on TV or even in person. I always had better things to do.

Sign in to follow this