NOTE: To anybody reading this, there used to be a post here regarding side effects that I was experiencing that I thought was caused by meditation... I deleted the post because I now know that it had NOTHING to do with the meditation... I was going through a lot of stressful things in my life and I stupidly though that the meditation was the cause. There were a lot of people that have read this post and  I apolgize if I have scared anyone into not doing mediation. Mediation is a GOOD thing and I hope that I did not discourage too many people into not doing mediation. Please ignore the title... Thank You.

Edited by Under

I wouldn't do that form of meditation again. I have had times in my life of feeling no emotion after doing practices, doing binural beats may have tried to bring you somewhere your mind didn't want to go so it sets up defences and shuts down a bit to protect you, the body contracts under such stress so you are less in touch with it. I wouldn't worry too much though as it sounds like a stress and anxiety reaction rather than something more serious and about the ejaculation part if you are 17 I wouldn't worry.

The best thing for libido is probably just regular exercise like jogging in nature, then it might be useful to do something to challenge your thoughts which are causing the anxiety. One line of enquiry is to just ask yourself the question: what specific thoughts and beliefs are causing your suffering and then examine the assumptions and conclusions of those thoughts to see if they are really true.

• Like 1

Have you heard of asexual? It's totally OK to not have sexual feelings. Who knows what a teenager male is supposed to think of opposite sex. Maybe you like boys. You never know.

Also, you should have x-ray or ultrasonic on your internal sexual organ. I heard some guys have female sexual parts inside them that make them confused about their sexual feeling.

Good luck. Hope you feel better soon.

• Like 1

This has been going on for over a year now and honestly I want my libido and emotions back...

They're not gone. If they were you wouldn't "want" them back, you would feel nothing.

IMO, its been my experience that an intense state of inner stillness and lack of attachment/desire is often a sign of spiritual development. It seems that the meditation you were doing opened up something inside of you....and from what you said you were basically practicing emptiness meditation while listening to bi-neural beats, i don't think there is anything wrong with that approach....you seemed to have simply opened up something within you....the inner stillness can be a bit scary at first but you get used to it.

What's important is that you relax, allow these changes to integrate themselves into your personality, and perhaps even facilitate the changes with spiritual practices (if you are willing) rather than fighting them....which IMO will not help.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

IMO, its been my experience that an intense state of inner stillness and lack of attachment/desire is often a sign of spiritual development. It seems that the meditation you were doing opened up something inside of you....and from what you said you were basically practicing emptiness meditation while listening to bi-neural beats, i don't think there is anything wrong with that approach....you seemed to have simply opened up something within you....the inner stillness can be a bit scary at first but you get used to it.

What's important is that you relax, allow these changes to integrate themselves into your personality, and perhaps even facilitate the changes with spiritual practices (if you are willing) rather than fighting them....which IMO will not help.

My 2 cents, Peace

Ok... But is this "stillness" permanent? This has been going on for over a year now so I am pretty much used to it, but just because I'm used to it doesn't mean I want it... Honestly, I'd rather die than feel like this. What's the point of living if I can't even enjoy life and feel happiness? I went to my senior prom last month and I couldn't even enjoy it. And that sucks because prom is supposed to be special.

What do you suggest I do?

Edited by Under

Do you have cold hands and feet? How is your sleep?

Sounds like you created a strong liver qi stagnation, to use Chinese medicine terms, especially since your testosterone levels are normal.

I don't check these boards regularly so feel free to pm me if you need help sorting it out.

Edited by 松永道
  • Like 1

How ofter do you meditated......??? The reason I've asked is because the M-thing might be your problem if you do it too often. Nothing will damaging your Dan Tian but the M-thing can damaging your internal organs and screw up the function of the brain.

I didn't want to mention this but before I meditated with the binaural beats I actually masturbated so I wouldn't have any distractions... So yeah. Do you know anything about damaging the Dan Tian?

I didn't allow thoughts to enter my mind while listening to binaural beats.

I have two concerns: one, did you forcibly lock out thought, constrict the mind? Two, since binaural beats are fairly new tech with next to no research on them, did they unbalance your brain activity?

Inner quiet and lack of sexual craving are actually desirable from cultivation, but clearly this has happened in an unbalanced way for you.

You haven't accessed the vividness, the freshness in deeper aspects of your mind that this would go along with, had it happened from years of steady development and unveiling.

I suggest you try meditation again, with no binaurals, in small doses, closely following the teaching in The Attention Revolution by Alan Wallace.

Emphasise relaxation with some mindfulness of breathing, then try practising resting the mind in its natural state. That should bring back some vividness and let the mind heal itself. A superb book for more detail on that second practice is Stilling the Mind, also by Alan Wallace, although you'll need a good grounding in Buddhist ideas to read that one.

Also, some metta bhavana - cultivation of loving-kindness - may help bring back some positive emotion. So could cultivation of compassion and empathetic joy, but definitely don't cultivate equanimity right now. Instructions should be easy to find online.

Hope this helps. :)

Ok... But is this "stillness" permanent? This has been going on for over a year now so I am pretty much used to it, but just because I'm used to it doesn't mean I want it... Honestly, I'd rather die than feel like this. What's the point of living if I can't even enjoy life and feel happiness? I went to my senior prom last month and I couldn't even enjoy it. And that sucks because prom is supposed to be special.

What do you suggest I do?

Hmm....my experience has been that from deep states of stillness comes a natural and relaxed feeling of joy/bliss. Perhaps your running up against some internal blockages. I wish i could give you better advice but i cant see within your body and tell you what your problem is.

The only thing i can recommend is to get a simple spiritual practice and do it daily so you can hasten the process of dissolving major blockages in your system. My experience has been that the deeper i go with my practice the more i intensely and joyously i feel about life...of-course everyone also has bad times as well.

Here's a basic technique for internal work, i wish you the best of luck and hope you can find someone whom can give you more exact advice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr5MkMLyoeI

My 2 cents, Peace

Signs of being out of the body are that your libido takes a hike. You still have one, but you don’t feel it and you feel like a grey alien. People spend time out of body (OOB) for a lot of different reasons, such as: Avoiding painful emotions, fear, trauma, lust etc by meditating on the crown or 3rd eye chakra. The emotions are still there.

The witness state is also technically an (OBE). Switching “witness” feels unemotional, non-judgemental and the mind becomes silent. It is not really a bad thing and may actually be beneficial in providing insights and detachment. However, you may not want to live there! You can’t process your karma from outside the body. The emotions need to be fully experienced for the release to take place. Not suppressed or avoided, which simply creates a cocoon around the content which get perpetuated.

One of the simplest ways to get back in touch with the body is to simply practice being aware of the breath and practicing grounding. I recommend Angelique’s grounding and soul meditations. That will get you back in touch with the body. To get the full benefit out of the grounding meditation, you have to do it many times a day for 1-2 months, until the state becomes permanent and your feet "tingle" all the time.

Grounding Meditation:

http://kundalini-teacher.com/meditations/grounding.php

Soul Meditation

http://kundalini-teacher.com/meditations/soul.php

I hope this helps

Emptyhand

And Thingol answered: 'What of your quest, and of your vow?' But Beren said: 'It is fulfilled. Even now a Silmaril is in my hand.' Then Thingol said: 'Show it to me!' And Beren put forth his empty left hand, slowly opening its fingers; but it was empty. Then he held up his right arm; and from that hour he named himself Camlost, the Empty-handed. (Silmarillion, JRRT)

Edited by emptyhand

Signs of being out of the body are that your libido takes a hike. You still have one, but you don’t feel it and you feel like a grey alien. People spend time out of body (OOB) for a lot of different reasons, such as: Avoiding painful emotions, fear, trauma, lust etc by meditating on the crown or 3rd eye chakra. The emotions are still there.

The witness state is also technically an (OBE). Switching “witness” feels unemotional, non-judgemental and the mind becomes silent. It is not really a bad thing and may actually be beneficial in providing insights and detachment. However, you may not want to live there! You can’t process your karma from outside the body. The emotions need to be fully experienced for the release to take place. Not suppressed or avoided, which simply creates a cocoon around the content which get perpetuated.

One of the simplest ways to get back in touch with the body is to simply practice being aware of the breath and practicing grounding. I recommend Angelique’s grounding and soul meditations. That will get you back in touch with the body. To get the full benefit out of the grounding meditation, you have to do it many times a day for 1-2 months, until the state becomes permanent and your feet "tingle" all the time.

Grounding Meditation:

http://kundalini-teacher.com/meditations/grounding.php

Soul Meditation

http://kundalini-teacher.com/meditations/soul.php

I hope this helps

Emptyhand

And Thingol answered: 'What of your quest, and of your vow?' But Beren said: 'It is fulfilled. Even now a Silmaril is in my hand.' Then Thingol said: 'Show it to me!' And Beren put forth his empty left hand, slowly opening its fingers; but it was empty. Then he held up his right arm; and from that hour he named himself Camlost, the Empty-handed. (Silmarillion, JRRT)

Hey, sorry I didn't responded sooner. I just recently started college and I've been bombarded with homework. I researched soul retrieval and I'm probably am going to try it. Honestly, I'm willing to try anything now because I'm really starting to get desperate. This has been going on for almost a year now and it really sucks. I don't see the point of living if I can't experience joy or any type of positive emotion. The only problem with this is my parents are Christians (annoying) and they won't bring me to a person that will do it for me... So like is there anyway I can get one without my parents knowing?

Edited by Under

There is nothing wrong with having a silent mind and no emotions. Some people say that love feels like nothing when your being it, others get flung into the witness state for months at a time. It feels peaceful, right? Applying acceptance, surrender and trusting that everything is unfolding as it should may be a better approach to adopt than resistance. I only mentioned nailing yourself to the ground, via grounding and soul meditations, to facilitate integration with the physical and emotional levels. The meditations on their own (or some other form of grounding if you prefer), when done properly would help to accomplish this. I didn’t mean that you needed to find someone to do a soul retrieval, although you can try that if you wish. Why not use your silent mind to penetrate the inner deep power of pure consciousness?

Meditating lessens the momentum of our thoughts and takes away from nourishing the conditioned reactions and roots of our responses. Sex, or desire is a condition, not a nature, so meditation is doing its thing when afterwards you don't want sex, or don't feel emotionally controlled by the senses.

I say you are getting good results...but there is still too much false thinking to actually get any further. Also there are far too many misconceptions about human nature, sexual desire and emotional stimulation, that the slightest non_feeling state becomes a fear mongering conception. hahaha

When you are less controlled by emotion, senses and desire, one's efforts in their practice are going to produce good results.

First of all, let´s be realistic: There is nothing fundamentally wrong, and no special practice or action needs to be taken. Just stop doing what you are doing, and align with your body and emotional needs. If you want to feel better in social situations, then do it way more! Fake it till you make it.

Meditating on stopping anything, especially thoughts will never, ever, reduce your social anxiety. Especially working in combination with a technology that usually have the effect of revealing such emotional issues, on a neurological level.

It seems to me that you are using meditation as a form of manipulation, and to avoid emotional pain ( which is pretty common =). But if you talk to a person with any experience in meditation, they will confirm that the only way that meditation will be effective outside the meditation hall is to allow whatever is happening to be there and be seen and understood.

Those who say that meditation reduces anxiety and attachement to emotions are right. Yet forcing someone´s mouth shut will have an immediate effect, yet its only temporary. Either you shut off the expression of your vital force with will power and it will turn back on itself, or it will magnify the moment you are not in control again.

My advice is stop meditating, let go of your idea of yourself, and try to relax with others. Train physically. Most importantly, don´t try to change anything. You are 17.

Peace

h

• Like 4

I agree with hagar here.

Meditation done properly will open you up rather than shut out unwanted content of the mind.

As you open, you begin to more deeply experience the thoughts, emotions, and everything else inside and outside. This can be a very vulnerable and difficult process. It is only by passing through all of this that one reaches a point of acceptance and stability. The security provided by meditative work is a security founded on total insecurity. One relinquishes "control" by seeing through the illusion of the "controller" and ultimately finds solace and confidence in its absence within presence.

• Like 2

Hey emptyhand, I just wanted to get back to you on what you said on your previous message on how "You can’t process your karma from outside the body"... What exactly do you mean by that? I'm talking about in respects to the karma thing. So your saying if I do something good for someone than it won't count towards my karma? Like something good won't come back to me? I actually do believe in karma due to personal experiences that I've had in my life, And I hope that isn't the case, because I actually have been doing good for people on the course of this experience. I helped out a lot during hurricane sandy and I was actually hoping that I would get rewarded for that... And also what do you mean from that I'm "outside of my body"? How can I be outside of my body if I'm viewing inside my body. It doesn't really make much sense to me.

Please Reply back. Thanks.

No that’s not what I mean. Karma is an imprecise word. It is commonly associated with actions and its consequence (manifested or not). At other times, it means subtle desires that determine the personality (vasanas) and the impressions created by past experiences (samskaras) or attachment to emotional condition or state. The later was the type of karma I was referring to, not actions and their consequence.

The substance that obscures the clear shining of purusha (spirit) through the layers of prakriti, is the type of karma that needs to be cleansed in order to evolve spiritually and express the higher spiritual states through the physical body (like a transparent lense). A large percentage of that is simply ‘debris’ – which includes: archetypes, desires, projections, fears and limiting beliefs etc. These can be cleansed fairly easily – with surrender, sincere remorse, energetic yoga or similar methods.

Then there are attachments or stuff that has not been outgrown due to resonance with the current personality. Here one has to ‘learn the lesson’ contained in them in order to outgrow the point of resonance with them. When the lesson is learned they breakdown into the first category of generic ‘debris’ that is easily cleansed. Mostly, it is necessary to ‘feel’ the stuff in order to surrender it or to learn the lesson – for that it needs to ‘click emotionally’ and not be repressed or ignored.

Lastly, an aspect that may be encountered when breaking down the karmic structures - are ‘karmic consequences’ which are basically deadly things that to try to hurt you. These are best dealt with by remorse, total surrender to God and non-possession of self. I’m just mentioning this here for completion :).

Regarding being out of the body, in my experience, from what I have observed, there are different degrees of embodiment. One may incarnate as low as the crown, which means being absorbed in Samadhi 24/7 and not even being aware of a body or that you have one. Then you can descend a little lower to the third eye, which is aware of the body, but in a very detached sort of way. The deeper the consciousness descends into the body, the greater the essence is merged and grounded into the lower levels, resulting in more consciousness and presence on the physical plane. Typically emotions are felt on energetic layers lower than the heart, so if your living in the upper chakras only then emotions will not be completely experienced – of course you still have some presence on emotional levels otherwise you would not be able to function. Being embodied is the difference between watching a movie on a TV screen and being an active participant. I understand that your viewing in the body, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that you fully experiencing the body and its feelings. This is more or less what I was talking about.

Opening a chakra tends to significantly increase its kshetram (radiating area) which exerts a gravitational pull on the consciousness towards that area. That is why working with the crown or the third eye too soon can result in one feeling a little spacey if one is not thoroughly grounded beforehand. The higher the building, the deeper the foundations must be. At some point you really have to drill deep into the earth and use pile foundations (or something similar), otherwise you’ll just float away like a balloon :). A tree that is uprooted will wither and die and grounding is our natural state of being. It provides an anchor or sorts, which keeps the consciousness deeply rooted, embodied and functioning on all the levels simultaneously. Then one can shuttle through the levels like an elevator or usually experience multiple levels simultaneously. There are multiple forms of grounding, however, in my opinion being 'vertical' with a deep connection to the earth and sky is the most natural and powerful. Developing the Dan Tien’s 'energetic weight' also helps in keeping the energy down.