Sign in to follow this  
ssmith7

Magnetism or Electricity

Greetings All,

I've stumbled into a small rut a moment ago. After a Tai Chi session, I was thinking about all that magnetic power that flows through the body, lifting the limbs and providing the internal power necessary to move in lieu of external muscular power.

Today, I learned that Magnetism and Electricity are inextricably linked. "The interaction between magnetism and electricity is called electromagnetism. The movement of a magnet can generate electricity. The flow of electricity can generate a magnetic field".

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/facts_7369988_relationship-between-electricity-magnetism.html#ixzz2edd7o43J

It is this power that I have assumed is what allows for healing and martial application. However, some sources say that you should be able to feel clear electricity feelings running throughout your body. They also suggests that only Jing is useful for externalizing internal power, not chi. That said, I would like to know if it is this magnetic feeling that gets transferred into the nervous system of another person for healing and martial applications? Or, does this magnetic power need to be transformed into something else, like electricity?

Liao and other suggests doing condensing breathing to generate Jing. I do not really like to because it lowers my bodies capacity to fight off bacteria. I am basically asking if Qigong is enough or does some other method need to be employed to access internal power?

Thank you

The flow of electricity can generate a magnetic field".

Electromagnets

• Electric current flowing through a single loop of wire does not generate a very powerfulicon1.png magnetic field. A coil of wire looped many times makes a stronger magnetic field. Placing an iron bar inside the coil of wire makes an electromagnet which is hundreds of times stronger than the coil alone.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/facts_7369988_relationship-between-electricity-magnetism.html#ixzz2eee0u7lX

Liao and other suggests doing condensing breathing to generate Jing. I do not really like to because it lowers my bodies capacity to fight off bacteria. I am basically asking if Qigong is enough or does some other method need to be employed to access internal power?

Yes, Qigong is enough to be employed to access internal power. Don't worry, breathing to generate Jing will not lower the body's capacity to fight off bacteria rather it will enhance your immune system to do the opposite.

PS....

Please keep in mind that the human body does not behave like a piece of wire nor a coil. What I am saying is your body does not generate electricity nor magnetic field; even though we were told many times by others.

Edited by ChiDragon

PS....

Please keep in mind that the human body does not behave like a piece of wire nor a coil. What I am saying is your body does not generate electricity nor magnetic field; even though we were told many times by others.

200x200px-ZC-05328e96_animated_snoop_dog
  • Like 4

PS....

Quoted for truth.

:)

ssmith7, there's a certain synchronicity this AM in that I just posted on qigong & electromagnetism in the "Chinese Taoist Medicine & Stillness-Movement Medical Qigong" thread before I opened your thread. Maybe that will be of value?

Just don't be applying 110VAC to your body in order to increase your Chi. It may well stop your heart. That wouldn't be so good.

• Like 2

Electromagnets

• Electric current flowing through a single loop of wire does not generate a very powerfulicon1.png magnetic field. A coil of wire looped many times makes a stronger magnetic field. Placing an iron bar inside the coil of wire makes an electromagnet which is hundreds of times stronger than the coil alone.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/facts_7369988_relationship-between-electricity-magnetism.html#ixzz2eee0u7lX

Yes, Qigong is enough to be employed to access internal power. Don't worry, breathing to generate Jing will not lower the body's capacity to fight off bacteria rather it will enhance your immune system to do the opposite.

PS....

Magnetic resonance imagingHave you heard of MRI (Magnetic resonance imaging)?

Yes, I have heard of MRI. Perhaps we need to look into it a little bit more....!!!

only if it passes through both arms and through the heart ;) otherwise, probably just hot.

Bruce Lee did that. Lucky he was not killed by that but something else.

Edited to change:
'I' to "we"

Edited by ChiDragon

What I am saying is your body does not generate electricity nor magnetic field; even though we were told many times by others.

I'm assuming by "others" you mean medical professionals trained in electrocardiograms and MRI diagnostics. I guess the inventors of these devices too? They based them on the idea that the human body generates electricity and magnetic fields. Too bad you weren't there to tell them they're wrong, the whole field of electronic medicine would have seen the light right away. No wait, the light... bioluminecsence... another thing the human body does not generate I assume? No? Not even the DNA?.. How about plain old infrared radiation? -- say when you got a fever, it is reported to intensify?.. also made up? How about piezoelectric impulses that signal the bone tissue to grow? No? Fairy tales? OK... how about synapses in the brain, do they fire electrochemically or don't they? They don't?..

Well, mine do. About yours, I'm not so sure...

• Like 5

PS....

Don't believe this guy either...

Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming, is a renowned author and teacher of Chinese martial arts and Qigong. Born in Taiwan, he has trained and taught Taijiquan, Qigong and Chinese martial arts for over forty-five years. He is the author of over thirty books, and was elected by Inside Kung Fu magazine as one of the 10 people who has "made the greatest impact on martial arts in the past 100 years." Dr. Yang lives in Northern California.

A Modern Definition of Qi

by Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming, November 30, 2007

http://www.haumofyoga.co.za/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=70:george-mentis&Itemid=17

Yang first wrote his book section in 1980.

• Like 2

LOL......... :D

There is a difference between magnetic field and radio wave generated by protons,

I think next to the like button we need a "this person is trolling" button. What's a radio wave? Electromagnetic radiation!

800px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_st

• Like 2

WOW.....You too bring out Dr. and PhD. to tell stories with fairy tales now.

I see anyone who is in the unwanted view is "this person is trolling". Yes, I knew that.

Edited by ChiDragon

LOL......... :D

There is a difference between magnetic field and radio wave generated by protons,

And I still have a couple of my RF burn scars to prove that.

Every now and then when I was at Base Camp or Post I would put a florescent almp on my antenna and every time I transmitted the lamp would light up. When I used Morse Code, if one were good, they could read the messages by reading the light.

I have never been harmed by magnetism although I suppose it could happen if the field energy were strong enough.

I think next to the like button we need a "this person is trolling" button. What's a radio wave? Electromagnetic radiation!

There is a big difference between these two forms of energy though. And the difference is as big as the difference between life and death.

Have you heard of pacemaker?

Both these two forms of energy can put out a pacemaker.

Ok, enough bickering.

I wanna bicker some more!

• Like 1

I could learn better and have more technical information from my electrical engineering books. Pocket books are for somebody else. Thanks anyway. Please do not ignore MH's posts......... :)

Greetings All,

I've stumbled into a small rut a moment ago. After a Tai Chi session, I was thinking about all that magnetic power that flows through the body, lifting the limbs and providing the internal power necessary to move in lieu of external muscular power.

Today, I learned that Magnetism and Electricity are inextricably linked. "The interaction between magnetism and electricity is called electromagnetism. The movement of a magnet can generate electricity. The flow of electricity can generate a magnetic field".

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/facts_7369988_relationship-between-electricity-magnetism.html#ixzz2edd7o43J

It is this power that I have assumed is what allows for healing and martial application. However, some sources say that you should be able to feel clear electricity feelings running throughout your body. They also suggests that only Jing is useful for externalizing internal power, not chi. That said, I would like to know if it is this magnetic feeling that gets transferred into the nervous system of another person for healing and martial applications? Or, does this magnetic power need to be transformed into something else, like electricity?

Thank you

Well, since nobody has answered the question I will try.

There are people in martial arts who claim to be able to have an effect on people without touching them. I have not experienced this myself, however I have heard accounts that you certainly can feel it, but you are free to resist it quite easily. In other words I would not waste my time. This is different to injecting chi via touch, which is very doable but quite hard.

What you want in martial arts it for your body to more or less open onto the other person. The relaxation and opening can feel quite magnetic as that's the only thing we really associate with having an empty force creating expansion. I'm yet to be convinced that having your arms float up has anything to do with magnetics, however I do use that idea to create it. Just because it feels like something doesn't necessarily mean that's what's happening. When my arms let go and felt like they were elongating to maybe 3 metres long they certainly were not doing that.

It's an internal process expressed physically. Don't get caught up in all the mystical stuff. You CAN inject chi into a person for both healing and martial arts but I don't know anyone personally who has the kind of control to pull it off. You can also stimulate the chi of another person via touch which is quite easy and can be mistaken as injecting chi. You can also transfer relaxation via touch which is surprisingly helpful for relaxing someone's muscles. I'm not at all sure how the transfer of relaxation works but I have done it and had it done to me and it's very effective.

I could learn better and have more technical information from my electrical engineering books. Pocket books are for somebody else. Thanks anyway. Please do not ignore MH's posts......... :)

I doubt if electrical engineering books will tell you about electromagnetism in the human body.

There are people in martial arts who claim to be able to have an effect on people without touching them.

I hold to this understanding. I just don't talk about it much because it sounds funny coming from a Materialistic Atheist.

I hold to this understanding. I just don't talk about it much because it sounds funny coming from a Materialistic Atheist.

How do you explain it then?

Sign in to follow this