Sign in to follow this  
jotak

Hello, everyone.

Hi. I don't really know what all I'm supposed to say here, but I'll try not to bore anyone.

I just stumbled across this forum today after doing a Google search for Andrew Nugent-Head, who I Googled because I had just watched a couple of lectures he did on the Tao Te Ching. This seems like an interesting place full of interesting people, so I thought I'd register and join in.

I read the Tao Te Ching for the first time four years ago, and it made no sense to me. I thought it was meaningless babbling with a few wise proverbs thrown in. About four years ago, I reread it and could hardly believe it was the same text. It absolutely blew my mind. Since then, I've been reading different translations, read a bit of Chuang Tzu, etc., but really never had any idea if there was anything I could do about this new (to me) thing that I had discovered.

More recently, I came across a bit of discussion on "inner cultivation," and the idea of kind of scraping away the things that keep a person out of harmony with the Tao, and I'm interested in learning more about that. Which is another reason I joined here, since there seem to be people here who actually know Chinese, which means I can get advice from people who aren't just reading Western writers' interpretations of things.

Anyway, I hope I haven't been too boring, or accidentally said something foolish or offensive to anyone.

Have a wonderful day!

• Like 2

Hello and welcome to the Tao Bums Jotak. I do not doubt that you will find much to interest you here.

However, before you dive into the forum proper please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and also take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/. Things are very easy going here but there are still one or two things it is best to be aware of.

Best wishes,

Chang

Edited by Chang

I read the rules and the two pinned posts while I was waiting for my introduction to be confirmed. Thank you for the warm welcome.

There is a post around here somewhere on the forums with links to most of Andrew Nugent-Head's videos :).

He anything like Ted Nugent ?

He anything like Ted Nugent ?

I had just woken up when I first read the post to check the account and I miss-read it as "I just stumbled across this forum today after doing a Google search for Ted Nugent, who I Googled because I had just watched a couple of lectures he did on the Tao Te Ching"

I was thinking don't tell me Ted is now studying the TTC?! ;)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this