Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Week long Taoist retreat with Master Tseng

I have been communicating with Wundang Taoist Master Tseng's student. Seems like a very lovely group. Master Tseng is doing a week long retreat in November that is the foundation for his Alchemy retreats. I don't know if I will be able to go as I am going to be busy but if anyone else was interested in exploring.

The retreat costs $2500 for the week. Then the first level of Master Tseng(Chen's) Alchemy training is early 2008.

link

$2,500 for a week retreat is freakin incredible! I hope a lot of that money is going to a future wu dang temple that will outshine the whitehouse :lol:!

I doubt I could go unless I get a foundation to sponsor my "important research" but otherwise...TAKE DAMN GOOD NOTES AND POST THEM ON THE TAO BUMS DOT COM!

woohoo!

(Dont forget to video tape yourself doing the forms right after you learn for youtube and so you dont forget em! Liberate the Tao!!!!)

I most likely won't be doing the full retreat but a 3 day workshop with Master Tseng and Ken Cohen at the beginning of November. I would definetly want to speak with Master Tseng in person, get some teachings with him before committing to a full retreat. I just became aware there are students doing workshops with Master Tseng already on Taobums so we may get feedback from other sources too.

Definetly if I do the workshop I'll give feedback on what I learn. Here or in my practice journal. Anyone else who is studying with Master Tseng by all means comment if you feel comfortable in the future.

I just became aware there are students doing workshops with Master Tseng already on Taobums so we may get feedback from other sources too.

I just attended a one day workshop with Master Tseng (or Master Chen, as he likes to be called). He was had all the personality traits we'd expect --- he was genuine, funny, happy. I think he's nearing forty but he looks like he's in his twenties and moves almost like a teenager. I would say he was the most thorough teacher I've come across yet--- his explanation of Taoist theory was simple, precise, and cleared up a lot of misconceptions (or confusions) I had. He would from time to time give out interesting little tidbits-- he showed us how calligraphy hides the strokes for sword fighting, for instance.

One thing I found interesting was that he said the biggest waste of jing wasn't sex, but attachment and inner turmoil. He also explained how virtue is the cornerstone to cultivation for just such reasons-- because it conserves your inner energy. I've found this to be true personally, but I've seldom found it emphasized outside of Buddhist circles. Another was how he emphasized the stages of taoist cultivation: first you regain your ordinary state, then you become extraordinary, and once you do that, you can think about cultivating immortality. He was also straightforward with the requirements for successful cultivation: effort and discipline. He also taught that the reason people can't feel chi vividly is because they haven't cleared their blockages yet.

He taught us fairly straightforward chi kung and meditation practices --- moving, standing, sitting, along with their inner components. He gave us the first steps with directions on where to go once we improved. I would say all in all in terms of depth, breadth, and skill, he seemed to be one of the best I've encountered.

Very nice, thanks for the feedback. I may do a 3 day workshop with him and Ken Cohen in Boulder in November. His retreats are pretty pricey so would need to meet him atleast before going.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, and he looks great for his age I agree.

Sign in to follow this