Greetings all,

This post is a copy of a recent statement I made last week on another forum, one dedicated to Carlos Castaneda. However, it is thoroughly relevant here as well, as I'm sure many will agree. I offer it for the sake of discussion...

My intent here, (as elsewhere) is to outline various benefits of certain principles of truth. Many years of experience demonstrate to the practitioner, revelations of extremely significant value, to say the least. Such knowledge has saved civilizations, even worlds... it is the very root of life and wise living. This knowledge has been called, “the science of sciences” and it is conveyed here so that others may gain such benefits that I and others have received. “Consciousness” is it's name, and its' expansion is fundamental to all true progress.

The reason consciousness is fundamental to all true progress is because it is the basis of life, including every human life. In meditation and similar practices where a state of “no-thought” prevails, certain truths about the self may be readily Seen. Those who engage meditation soon realize that we do not, “lose ourselves” when the mind is no longer dominated by strings of words. This is because we are not thought...thoughts are things that we DO not things that we ARE. On the contrary, we consciously regain focus upon the true self which underlies them....consciousness itself. That consciousness has three fundamental components, which are; intent, awareness and energy, and in that order of importance. All three of these components of the true self, (aka “soul”) can be readily verified by any person who earnestly seeks to know themselves.

Our energy, or “chi”, (aka “prana”, “ki”, “orgone”, “sub-atomic energy”, etc) is the animating essence for all our actions, just as it is for all living things. This chi is focused in accordance with our awareness. Awareness is like a magnetic field that coordinates iron filings, (chi) into a cohesive pattern. It clarifies and gives order to the fields of chi-energy which surround us. Intent gives awareness its' parameters of focus...it is the manifesting source of all our actions, the very essence of decision-making and change.

So in answer to your question about how the self is defined;

Intent, awareness and energy are the irreducible essence of the true self, not thought, emotion, memory, culture or any other learned behavior. These three are the essence of the consciousness that we are, and which all other life likewise IS. It is precisely because of this common essence, which we share with each other and all life, that we are capable of knowing other peoples' thoughts, feelings and intentions. This commonality of SOURCE stands behind the truth of the statement “we are all one”. From this truth springs our ability to intimately know nature, natural laws and all living creatures. It is from the consciousness that we are which allows us, “mystical”, gnostic and direct perception into truth, that which is called “God” and the core of the soul/true self. Einsteins' unified field is in fact consciousness. To expand consciousness is to elevate all aspects of the self and society in general. If we have any hope as a species to outlive our own uncontrolled folly, it will not be through political, social or religious measures, it will be through that expansion of the true self.

You asked me how I know that, “the purpose of life is the expansion of consciousness”. “All of the above” is the brief answer to that question. In short, this truth can be “cognized”, or “Seen” by anyone who looks deeply into themselves and into the nature of reality. Life is based on consciousness. In fact, life also arises at the behest of consciousness, or in other words, “at the behest of the intent at large”. That which is called “God” is on-going in its' “creation”, and so too are the processes of evolution. As life evolves it's consciousness expands, which is to say, “becomes more sophisticated and capable of higher states and actions”. Likewise, when consciousness expands, it accelerates the further evolution of physical and energetic forms.

Contrary to popular opinion, “creation” and “evolution” are therefore complimentary forces.

It is interesting to note, however, that the majority of human beings DO NOT See, simply because they don't look. They don't look, because they don't want to know. They don't want to know because of the fear that what will be revealed is contrary to their cherished notions of self and reality. Such notions are usually little more than the product of cultural and historical folly.

• Like 2

Intentweilder - is there a reason you chose Hermetic for this post - would you like to move it to General Discussion? Let me know.

People talk about "the expansion of consciousness" but can you find the limits even right now? where does it begin or end? maybe it is already expanded .

Greetins Ghost Cat/seth Ananda,

From what I saw, this "Hermetics and Occult" area seemed appropriate, as opposed to the "general" area which might include anything at all. I consider such information as the composition of consciousness, intention, awareness and energy, (chi) to be essential for all occult understanding. Self knowledge, the nature of that which is called "God", and so forth, can easily be classified as occult subjects, especially the former, (self knowledge) which many would argue is the basis for all magical and spiritual practice. I also thought that such a foundation, (this post) would be useful then as a basis for more specific discussion of occult practices.

Jetsun,

I can safely say from experience that there are such a things as "levels and varieties of consciousness". To clarify would be to say that although the essence of consciousness (intent awareness and energy) remains the same, it can manifest in many forms and levels. To give an example of "levels" of consciousness, compare the state of a Buddha or Christ to that of a person who ponders only their tiny self concerns. Compare states of great awareness where the practitioner directly understands, (cognizes, gnosticism) the truth of themselves and life in general, to a state of despairing ego and personal worries. Consciousness can be expanded, just as it can be more greatly realized.

@ intentweilder

OK I don't think there's a strong objection to it being here (I might move it if the content becomes too much outside the brief for this subsection) but just for info the General Section is for "Eclectic discussion across a wide range of spiritual thought and practice. As long as you are up for a good time and remain respectful, you're welcome to discuss your path." This place is specific to western tradition.

Apech, thanks for clarifying. If the thread gets moved, I fully understand.

What follows is but one example of what can be done through group intention;

I posted the following on a Castaneda discussion area known as "Nagual Forums" on September 5th 2013. You are invited to join the forum and the discussion....

Some would say that love, like other feeling-states are “ineffable”, but this is not so.

Love, like pain, joy or fear, are based upon the same chi-energy which animates all life. Each of these vibrations has it's own unique range of frequencies, (feelings) that are brought into existence by a unique range of intentions.

We may INTEND any of these vibrations into existence within ourselves, and into “the fields at large”. It is also within our power to amplify, diminish or cancel out any such feeling-state at will.

There are many who speak of “unconditional love” but rarely is the phrase defined. Unconditional love is implicitly spoken of in the spiritual context. It is NOT the love of money, narcissistic love, puppy love, romance-novel love or the love of power over others. Spiritual love is a feeling-state held for the sake of love itself, for it's own great and inherent benefit. Unconditional love is spiritual love held in place by intent, “no matter what” the circumstance and regardless of ego. It is a love held in place as a matter of CAUSE, and for the sake of the upliftment it renders. Spiritual love can be increased by degrees. If this is done through very dynamic intention, then the states of love that arise, increase very dynamically as well.

Unconditional love is one that seeks the ultimate benefit of the recipient(s). It is a high vibration which heals the physical body, strengthens the energy body and raises the soul. It can be “cast” upon others at will. When two or more practitioners “cast” such a state to each other, a reciprocating field arises of a highly coherent and progressive nature. When unconditional love is cast between practitioners using dynamic intentions, the love states they can reach together also increase very dynamically. This type of psychic reciprocation forms a group mind of high love that can increase exponentially. This is especially true between male and female practitioners, due to the natural law of polarity.

There are two major considerations involved with “raising” others, (elevating their consciousness).

1. Self knowledge, especially in terms of one's body-wide state, is required. The term “body-wide state” (“state”) refers to all the feelings that are in the practitioners' entire body. These must be known by holding them in one's awareness in subtle detail. Meditation is particularly useful for accomplishing this. By knowing your own state, you can also know any other persons' state, by feeling it.

1. You can't give what you don't currently have. Specifically, you can't send love if you aren't currently in a love state. The higher, stronger and more energetic the practitioners' state of love is, the more powerful their raising of others will be. It is necessary then to cultivate love inside yourself, (intending it into place by degrees) in order to successfully send it to others.

Let us say that practitioner “A” and “B” meet in a private place, for the purpose of, “raising each other through love”. Both prepare for this act of power by gaining a meditatively calm and focused body/mind. Both will likely want to draw and store chi bodywide, so as to take effective psychic action.

A begins by casting love to B. B's state is slightly elevated. From this elevated position, B casts love back to A. A's state is then raised not only by B's basic intent, but by their own raising intention being re-channeled back to them. A's raised state is now in an even higher state of love, which is sent back to B again, with a psychic effect that is stronger than before. B is raised even further, both by A's intention and by their own raising intent being sent back to them. B's state is raised further still, allowing them to raise A with additional effect. This back and forth reciprocation will, if pursued with unbending intention, become extremely dynamic and high. Even ten minutes of progressive, mutually dynamic intention along these lines, will enable the two to “travel” into very elevated states of consciousness together. Such “travelers” of consciousness will note, that certain “:thresholds” of gain present themselves. If practitioners have sufficient personal power, they will be able to cross these thresholds, great and small, in order to gain significant spiritual power. “Power” in this context is defined simply as, “the ability to take action”. Such action may include sending love to others or even the entire world as a whole.

If a third practitioner is added to this mutual casting of love, the group level of consciousness is elevated further. A fourth practitioner will elevate the group vibration much further still, and all according to the natural law of synergy as follows; “the consciousness of a group mind is geometrically greater than the sum of its' parts”.

Of course, the basic requirement for competent group action remains self knowledge, and the ability to raise ones' own state. These are learned skills gained by degrees.

"Inspirational";

Goa 2012 Fractal Progression

• Like 1

Hi IW,

Very interesting post. Thank you.

I have definitely experienced the two person (male-female) effect that you have described. At broad frequency ranges, I have heard it called a "dual cultivation" loop. The broader group dynamic sounds very interesting. Is there sort of a limit on effectiveness? Or, the more the better?

Regards,

Jeff

Brother Jeff,

You said;

"I have definitely experienced the two person (male-female) effect that you have described. At broad frequency ranges, I have heard it called a "dual cultivation" loop. The broader group dynamic sounds very interesting. Is there sort of a limit on effectiveness? Or, the more the better?"

IW;

Yes, the Yin/Yang aspects of male and female are, without doubt, an extremely powerful combination. This is especially true when they are merged together via high and spiritual intentions. If I'm not mistaken, Taoism and it's symbol reflect male and female as universal forces, even as natural laws. Man and woman could then be properly seen, at a core level, as the physical embodiment of those cosmic laws. Both therefore hold spiritual power when self realized, especially in combination.

Some call this natural power they have (the sexes) to enhance each other, and even to expand each others' consciousness, as POLARITY. Physics certainly recognizes polarity as a key concept in the comprehension of many truths. These facts are the very basis for the Vedically-based practice known as tantra.

I like the term "dual cultivation loop". That sounds like an accurate description of what any two persons can accomplish energetically, especially male and female. I might only add this, "a dual cultivation loop of mutual intention".

Please elaborate more on the term "broad frequency ranges" as this sounds like another excellent thing to discuss.

You asked if there is an effective limit to the number who can effectively, "cultivate a multiple loop", or in other words, form a cohesive, effective group mind. The answer is "no", but that is limited by the quality of the intention employed by the participants. The group mind principle, (natural law) states that, "the collective consciousness is geometrically greater than the sum of its' parts". The greater the number of participants, the stronger the resulting psychic and spiritual force can be.

When such a group force is applied to the generation of great spiritual love, for instance, it can have significant large-scale effects, as you no doubt already know.

• Like 1

Hi IW,

It sounds like it would be helpful if we had an agreed upon dictionary of terms for our discussion...

In your "group mind" concept, do all of the participants need to be of a similar (or a minimum) level to participate? In my (very limited) experience with group efforts, one of the people (or beings) is usually higher (or deeper) in consciousness and sort of holds the "space" for the group (and kind of becomes the leader).

On broader frequency ranges... I meant something similar to what you mentioned regarding men and women working together. In your intent example, the group is trying to focus on a specific frequency range (love) and share that energy. Since, we all sort of naturally broadcast on all frequencies with which we have clarity, so in "dual cultivation", there is a less specific focus and each party is sort of naturally "hit" in obstructed areas by the other person's clarity on that type of issue. If each party "let's go of the issues", it is kind of like equalizing pressure. This is the same dynamic as being in the presence of a true guru/master.

Basically, it helps to have most if not all particpants basically competant in their ability to transmit their state to others.

But in general, groups can be composed of any level of expertise and still generate a significant, psychic effect on a group mind basis.

Everyone has for instance felt love at least at some time in their lives. This they have felt from others, even pets, as well love that is of their own creation. Obviously, one should first be in a love state, in order to competantly send a love state to others. One technique to enter into love at will, is to meditatively remember a time in one's past where love was felt the strongest. By remembering how that felt body-wide is to be able to summon it up by degrees, until it becomes useful for group purposes. The more advanced practitioner can merely INTEND an increasing state of love upon themselves, (the same is true of clarity or greater chi of course), and is thereby made ready to raise others. But as you mentioned an advanced leader who is well experienced in coordinating group states, as well as their own, is a big boost to any group efforts.

When you referred to a broud frequency range what came to mind was a focus that involved most if not all of the chakras/feelings from head to toe. In this context, frequency = the feeling(s) at which one's chi is resonating. The chakras can be seen as an ascending spectrum of vibrational rates, thus the colors of the rainbow that they are generally associated with.

Jeff, you said;

"Since, we all sort of naturally broadcast on all frequencies with which we have clarity, so in "dual cultivation", there is a less specific focus and each party is sort of naturally "hit" in obstructed areas by the other person's clarity on that type of issue. If each party "let's go of the issues", it is kind of like equalizing pressure. This is the same dynamic as being in the presence of a true guru/master."

I agree with all you've said, at least in part, as usual. Your use of the term "obstructions" is useful, and I take it to mean "blockages, usually energetic and psychological, which stand in the way of spiritual progress". And I've noticed exactly what you stated here...that the recipients of transmissions/castings are indeed impacted in such a manner as limited by their obstructions, (issues) and the less this is the case, the more profoundly and quickly they are impacted by the projected intention of others. The "equalizing pressure" you mentioned sounds like a reference to the group psychic space, or in other words, the group state of consciousness which averages out well, particularly when people let go of their issues.

A true Master and their "drashan" as it is called, certainly can accomplish this same effect for a group of meditators, I agree.

Hi IW,

Thank you for the interesting discussion and thread.

It again sounds like we are pretty much in agreement, but a few points of clarification. I like to use the term obstructions, because it has a broader meaning than just issues and fears. At sort of the level of "local mind", it is mostly just clearing issues and fears. But, as one goes deeper into "universal mind", it becomes things that "obstruct" us from realizing that we are also the tree that is outside the window or the energy/light that flows through us. Also, I do not have your large group experience, my experience on "equalizing pressure" with two, it is not an average concept. The "clearer" one creates a space for the more obstructed one. The obstructed one, if they "let go" can equalize to the "deeper level" of the clearer one.

I have never heard of the term drashan. Could you describe a little more about the relationship between a master and the group? Is it something that you participate in? Also, how do you define that someone is qualified to be a master?

drashan = darshan, misspelled? :huh:

maybe its a more drastic version of darshan, heh? :P

• Like 1

RV had it right, "darshan" is the word I meant, a typo there. The darshan of a Master is of course their psychically-felt presence, whose intent it is to spiritually uplift those present.

Jeff,

A comprehensive definition of a Master is one who can both demonstrate and clearly explain the nature of the Path, which is to say, spiritual progress and the expansion of consciousness.

• Like 1

Brother Jeff,

I must apologize to you and others here for my lack of in-depth response. I was out of town for a while, and also distracted by some work that came up. That is no longer the case, so here we go;

You asked,

"Could you describe a little more about the relationship between a master and the group? Is it something that you participate in?"

One example of large-scale groups I've been into has been TM (Transcendental Meditation). TM claims to be the most scientifically studied meditational technique and I believe it. They've conducted various studies again and again regarding what they call, "creating coherence in the fields at large".

[by "fields" they of course mean something similar to the phrase, "electro magnetic field" or Einsteins' "Unified Field", both of which are spoken of at length by modern quantum and particle physics. Einstein postulated via his unified field theory, that there is a naturally occurring phenomena of nature which connects all things energetically. This is a truth that has been known by true mystics throughout human history. I would personally add that this thing, which pervades all of existence and connects all persons and objects together, is none other than consciousness, which is our essence.]

TM was able to scientifically demonstrate that when a medium to large group of advanced meditators performed their practice in any large city, the violent crime rate would drop during that period by at least 25%. BY "creating coherence in the fields at large" then, they meant that the coherent state of consciousness of meditators is transmitted out into the environment. In doing so it caused a similar resonance in the minds and feelings of persons in the surrounding area.

Such groups were without a "Master" per se, Jeff, but were never the less functional in their effect. If a Master were present in such a group however, the boost to their "psychic broadcast" would be tremendous. Both the strength of the signal and the degree of it's quality would be profoundly elevated. This would be especially true if all the meditators "raised" each others' consciousness actively, (especially at the Masters' direction) instead of just relying on a passive resonance as TM is known to do.

An excellent though lengthy scientific video on such subjects, as well as their spiritual ramifications, can be found via this link;

▶ Mind Science Kept Hidden Documentary.WE ARE VIBRATIONAL BEINGS.Law of attraction/vibes - YouTube

• Like 1

First of all let me say that I am coming into this discussion a bit late and I may be trying to cover too many points at once. There was so much said and it seemed that the discussion just ended when it was getting into greater depth and merit. There is so much to be said along the lines of the expansion of consciousness, (actually there can never be enough discussion about this topic) and I hope the discussion will continue....

IW Thank you for this post and for this link. (▶ Mind Science Kept Hidden Documentary.WE ARE VIBRATIONAL BEINGS.Law of attraction/vibes - YouTube) It is quite educational and my greatest wish is that people would take it more seriously. We are all vibrational beings that effect each other and all that is around us. Everything contains consciousness. We are NOT our gender, profession, possessions, we are the consciousness that pervades all and we are connected to all of this through our consciousness. If we were to just acknowledge this and look at it deeply we could all change the world. As you pointed out in your post the studies of TM and Einstein (unified field), the potentials of such studies are enormous. If we would intend to work together within our consciousness and use this to “raise” the consciousness of those around us, instead of getting stuck in dogma, ego and rituals, we could honestly change the world.

I am coming into this discussion a bit late and may miss a few points made. The evolution of our species has gone downhill and there are a lot of “blockages” and “obstructions”, as IW and Jeff pointed out. Behind all this is intention. It all starts with intention and although this may be a bit simplistic, if a small group of people would only start with the right intention of truly working together, letting go of ego, and truly wanting to expand/raise the consciousness of the small group, great gains could/would be had. As was pointed out by IW, TM did studies where a small group could bring the crime rate down in a city. Put someone at the lead of this to direct the intention of the group even to a higher aspect and such a group has the potential to change the direction of the world, for example stop wars.

IW said “But as you mentioned an advanced leader who is well experienced in coordinating group states, as well as their own, is a big boost to any group efforts. “

It would be so beneficial if just for a short time people could be rid of their egos and actually let someone lead. In my experience, unfortunately, people don't want to give up their egos to listen, learn and actually let someone lead for while in order to advance. There seems to be the intention of competition. This is just unfortunate, and unnecessary. We are all spiritual and conscious beings, and we all can truly contribute to the highest good and greatest benefit, if only we would set that intention.

2 more important points that IW made were these:

1. Self knowledge, especially in terms of one's body-wide state, is required. The term “body-wide state” (“state”) refers to all the feelings that are in the practitioners' entire body. These must be known by holding them in one's awareness in subtle detail. Meditation is particularly useful for accomplishing this. By knowing your own state, you can also know any other persons' state, by feeling it.

2. You can't give what you don't currently have. Specifically, you can't send love if you aren't currently in a love state. The higher, stronger and more energetic the practitioners' state of love is, the more powerful their raising of others will be. It is necessary then to cultivate love inside yourself, (intending it into place by degrees) in order to successfully send it to others.

Number 1, needless to say, is most important. How can one send out intentions or know the intentions of others, if one is not aware of their feeling elements/intentions. How can one aid others, if one is not taking care of themselves? Meditation is the key, but also is a minute to minute awareness of what is going on within and without. In today's world, everyone (or most) are too involved in the mundane, “busyness” and false images of society to even take stock of what is going on within them and in the world around them. If those that do practice meditation and make an effort to see things as they are would get together to improve themselves and the world around them, it could do so much to uplift humanity and help the species progress to a higher consciousness. My question is why don't people talk of such things more often and seriously?

This,naturally, leads to the point of number two. First become aware of yourself, then one can send higher intentions/feeling elements to others. I hope that IW will explain in more detail. It seems to me that as one learns to improve or “raise” the intent elements in their own bodies, they could do this for other people. It is like doing a Reiki Session...one fills up with the Universal Energy, then lets it flow through them to the other person, environment or group. It is ALL intention, the basis of the matter is what type of intention is being used.

There are so many points in this discussion worth discussing, but I don't want to dilute any points by bringing too many up in one post. We are all vibrational beings and we are all connected. Are we so afraid of losing ourselves in this group mind/consciousness that we won't look at it? And if we are, what is it exactly that we are losing? We can only gain in such focus. We can gain true knowledge of our essence and expand that knowledge in communion with others of like intent. What say you to this?