NotVoid

Documentary on Qigong Master Demonstrating Impressive Feats

The following is a documentary (in Mandarin) from China, from the early nineties or so I believe, showing a Chinese qigong master demonstrating various impressive looking feats. I realize that any decent stage magician could duplicate such feats using magician's tricks, but that doesn't mean that what is shown in this video is necessarily tricks. Some of the feats perfomed by the qigong master in this documentary are things such as breaking cutlery in various ways, breaking a brick at a distance without touching the brick and then getting an audience member to repeat the same feat, and a few other things including doing a qigong healing session on someone and pulling reddish liquid out of the patient's forehead without breaking their skin, and transporting a fish out of a river or lake or whatever supposedly by using qigong and making the fish appear in a basin of water (yeah I know this sounds very fishy ;) ).

If you post a comment saying that you believe this is nonsense because any magician can do tricks like that you won't be saying anything that isn't already understood, but the information I am looking for is if anyone knows who the qigong master is who is shown in this documentary, and if anyone knows any details about him. I don't speak mandarin so I don't know what they say about this qigong master in this video.

"The Possibilities of Qigong"

Edited by NotVoid
  • Like 3

If anyone who reads or speaks Chinese can let me know if they do mention the qigong master's name in the chinese writing at the beginning or in the spoken dialog in the video, and any other interesting details about this guy they may mention, I would appreciate it. :)

Edited by NotVoid

If anyone who reads or speaks Chinese can let me know if they do mention the qigong master's name in the chinese writing at the beginning or in the spoken dialog in the video, and any other interesting details about this guy they may mention, I would appreciate it. :)

I didn't watch much of the video, but they do mention the guy's name in the title, it's also written in the beginning of the video where the 2 guys are walking, and mention it several times in the video. His name is 季莲缘 (ji lian yuan). As far as details go, I don't have time to watch much of the video so can't tell just yet

I didn't watch much of the video, but they do mention the guy's name in the title, it's also written in the beginning of the video where the 2 guys are walking, and mention it several times in the video. His name is 季莲缘 (ji lian yuan). As far as details go, I don't have time to watch much of the video so can't tell just yet

Thanks a lot!

The following is a documentary (in Mandarin) from China, from the early nineties or so I believe, showing a Chinese qigong master demonstrating various impressive looking feats. I realize that any decent stage magician could duplicate such feats using magician's tricks, but that doesn't mean that what is shown in this video is necessarily tricks. Some of the feats perfomed by the qigong master in this documentary are things such as breaking cutlery in various ways, breaking a brick at a distance without touching the brick and then getting an audience member to repeat the same feat, and a few other things including doing a qigong healing session on someone and pulling reddish liquid out of the patient's forehead without breaking their skin, and transporting a fish out of a river or lake or whatever supposedly by using qigong and making the fish appear in a basin of water (yeah I know this sounds very fishy ;) ).

If you post a comment saying that you believe this is nonsense because any magician can do tricks like that you won't be saying anything that isn't already understood, but the information I am looking for is if anyone knows who the qigong master is who is shown in this documentary, and if anyone knows any details about him. I don't speak mandarin so I don't know what they say about this qigong master in this video.

"The Possibilities of Qigong"

due to the foreign letters in the title, you can be sure that I would have never ever found it on youtube, so thank you for sharing.

Looks like stage magic...

All video recordings of releasing energy, such as displayed here, looks like a stage act. If you have doubts I would suggest at least one time in your life seek a Qi Gong or Tai Chi master and ask him to make you feel "Qi" or whatever you would call it. Let him make you feel "energy" that he or she is able to move.

Then, please share you experience in this forum. Best you record it and watch other people call it stage magic :)

Edited by 4bsolute

We have people who on both ends of the healing spectrum here. I wouldn't deny qi gong healing as real, but when they pull red liquid out of the body I get suspicious. On that aspect what do people with experience think?

Just because qi is real doesn't mean there's no fakes around...

And also some with real ability that are prepared to deceive and outright lie. Sometimes for prestige/status, sometimes for money and sometimes for both. You only have to look at history to find numerous examples.

• Like 2