nine tailed fox

i have reached to a conclusion, there is no such thing as LOVE

i know many of you might not agree but this is true

there is no such thing like love

i am talking about romantic love here

i have read about the spiritual love, where you love every being in all three worlds

that love might be true

but i dont think there is anything called true love with opposite sex

basically

true/eternal love = attachment

if your level of love is low than you will fall into love with the next beautiful girl in few hours

if your level of love is very high than you might think that you are in love but thats just a bigger attachment, you will just take more time to fall in love with another beautiful girl (maybe months)

i havent found any explaination for romantic love yet, not even spiritually

these are my thoughts

Edited by nine tailed fox
  • Like 1

I don't really think its healthy to make hard-fast conclusions in any esoteric sense. Life is dynamic and ever changing, as soon as you've made some intellectual conclusions....you've lost the essence of it.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 8

Reaching a conclusion is pre-determining your fate.

It tends to close us off and opportunity sails on by without us every noticing...

Answers are dead, they kill the opportunity for discovery and deeper understanding.

Only questions are full of life and possibility.

Much better to just simply allow there to be the open question - is there such a thing as love?

And then let life answer it for you over time.

Just my perspective, take it or leave it.

It has worked well for me in recent years.

• Like 3

i have read about the spiritual love, where you love every being in all three worlds

that love might be true

basically

if your level of love is low than you will fall into love with the next beautiful girl in few hours

if your level of love is very high than you might think that you are in love but thats just a bigger attachment, you will just take more time to fall in love with another beautiful girl (maybe months)

these are my thoughts

I can explain , a different view , but the easier thing is just to accept it as human nature as well as your own.

Understanding relationships is a good idea to have firmly in hand too. If you discount human nature on either of those levels you may not be prepared for them when and if they happen. Im just suggesting an open mind.

Since either can drag you down, or carry you to the clouds.

Sorry steve my sentiments are rather redundant to yours, posted a second later.

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 2

Love is all you need.

In the beginning, there was only love.

Not actually, there was hate as well. Without hate, love didn't know how to stand on its own.

Being a lover, hate was a dirty word. No lovers wanted to admit hate was part of love. Other words was invented to do what hate did, like justice. So a lover could kill others without being hateful.

So there were love and justice.

But the lover wanted to tell others there were only love. But the justice clear stated there were love and justice(hate). Others got confused, they started looking for truth.

So you got love, justice and truth instead of love,hate and lie. A new religion was born.

God, heaven and faith is just another variation.

true love is when you love someone with no expectations, period. when you don't need or expect any type of feeling to be invoked within you.

you don't need or want anything from that person.

Love just is, theres nothing else.

• Like 1

Romantic love is not a term unto itself, or at least I don't think it should be. You have romance and you have love. You can combine them but they are inherently separate.

Also, there is a difference between attachment and connection. A strong connection does not necessarily predicate a binding attachment.

• Like 1

I heard where you are coming from but I think this association is wrong. If your equations was:

true/eternal love = freedom ;

Then what would be your analysis of love?

I am not saying I am right and you are wrong as I think both exist; in fact, I see it as a spectrum of love: Self-Love to Other Love; no love would be in the middle.

The problem may be the loaded connotation of the word 'love' and more particular 'romantic love'. I would say this is an evolved concept; maybe abused along the way... but if one loves another too much, what is it they are loving? The ability for another to fill a void or represent a higher idea? Are they just loving themself or an imagined self or no-self?

Love may be nothing more than a projection of expectations, desires, or ideas... when love is devoid of that and is based on the object alone, then self is removed... Once self is removed from the equation, we can begin to understand love better.

well how would you define romantic love ?

there is no scientific or spiritual definition for romantic love

the spiritual love we talk about is not romantic in nature

that love is for everybody, not for one person

so logically it is correct to conclude that there is nothing like loving a girl truly, or something like that

if you just think

romantic love is just a genetic attraction to reproduce

maybe people still havent accepted it because if someone loves you truly than it feeds your ego and make you special

i mean who doesnt want to be loved truly ?

and why people dont consider the fcact that this concept of true love can also be just a programming done to us through movies, novels, stories and all

Hi NTF. I have some ideas about "romantic love" that you might find interesting.

ACIM basically teaches that what we call romantic love is essentially a form of GUILT. It talks about "guilt rising in the form of 'love'".

BUT, the good news is, we can TRULY love our romantic partners.....but it would be love in the form of what you have called "spiritual love".

There's nothing preventing me from loving a woman SPIRITUALLY, regardless of whether or not I'm sexually attracted to her. You CAN love a woman you're sexually attracted to.

ACIM teaches that there are two (and only two) different kinds of relationships, "holy relationships," and "special relationships."

A "special relationship" is a relationship in which there is an ego-agenda of making oneself SPECIAL. For example, maybe the two have sex five times a day because they think it makes them special. Or maybe they constantly compliment each other saying things like, "You're so special and beautiful." It could be anything. Maybe the two fight constantly, each trying to be "special."

But you see, all beings are EQUALS. In that sense, no one is "special."

A holy relationship is a relationship in which the two have accepted their PURPOSE of LOVE. This "purpose" is essentially the opposite of an "ego-agenda."

Btw ACIM says, "It is the destiny of all relationships to become holy relationships."

I find that the more I love people and enjoy seeing them happy, then the more I love myself and everything around.

When you realise oneness, you will be surprised how much love is present. And when love shows up, you won't have much choice but to be a part of it :)

the spiritual love we talk about is not romantic in nature

that love is for everybody, not for one person

Good point here though. I would say I have some favouritism. My girlfriend is an example!

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I would say my "attached love" for my family is fading. Not in a horrible way, I still love and respect them for everything that they have given me - but in a Chuang Tzu style, I can't promise tears at funerals. I know that sounds a bit grim talking about such a thing prematurely, but so far as my understanding of things goes, and being the youngest (but most relied upon) in my family, a big part of my training has been getting over how I would handle such events.

So perhaps you are right...maybe the love we have for a partner is not at all the same as universal/spiritual love. Perhaps it is false attachment and lust.

Hmmmmmmmm, thinking time!

• Like 1

that love might be true

basically

these are my thoughts

I personally think that idea's or concepts of what love is, is not what love is, because love seems to beyond thoughts or what you can think. The clinging sort of love causes pain because you attach strings to what you think it means too love, but love at the basic level doesn't require strings, that is non-clinging love, and it is free! It is called metta in Buddhism, Inner Smile in Internal Alchemy, and the Hindu's or Yogi's call it Krishna, or God. The Christian even teach about it (or point to it) :)

:wub:

Edited by Dagon

that love might be true

basically

these are my thoughts

I agree.

Romantic love is bound with "I" "my" and "mine".

Of course sex is fine though.

I have reached to a conclusion

I was just listening to this song

It is stuck in my head

some guy was singing it in the park

OVERRR MY SHOULDER
CAN YOU BELIEVE

THAT look in my eye

OH yeh, over my shoulder

now, here is the...

bla I forgot how the rest goes.

Oh yeh..

Oh wait nothing

nope.

• Like 2

Cat,

Guilt, which is the cause of fear, comes from belief in lack of love. It is the belief that we are not loving beings, because attack is REAL.

You agreed with me that, in actual truth, everyone is ethically PERFECT. Guilt comes from the belief that we are evil and unloving.

The premise of this misunderstanding is: "Attack" is REAL.

That's how I see it.

Cat, Guilt, which is the cause of fear, comes from belief in lack of love. It is the belief that we are not loving beings, because attack is REAL. You agreed with me that, in actual truth, everyone is ethically PERFECT. Guilt comes from the belief that we are evil and unloving. The premise of this misunderstanding is: "Attack" is REAL. That's how I see it.
Guilt is an internalized injunction against onesself.What is going on is that the individual believes he is not loved and that this is justified. So guilt is associated with a fear of rejection. Guilt is not the source of all fears though, nor is guilt the source of romantic love. Romantic love is associated with acceptance of Onesself and the other person guilt is the reverse , it is associated with fears of justified rejection. The two can get tangled though and are wisely teased apart.