Sign in to follow this  
sunshine

Adepts & their release valves

Often times adepts adopt various release valves for invaluable forms of communication/communion. It is not uncommon to find students of the various schools "acting out" in the form of martial or esoteric art because of the boundary provided by being "a student of the Art". It's important not to let emotional outlets get in the way of meditation. Emotions are closely related to the senses. Mental fixation / attachment on the outcome of any sensory engagement prevents the state of Sung from manifesting.

This caught my eye :) I honestly suggest any adept on whichever pathes to pick up some form of "emotional clearing technique"... like EFT, PEAT and the like...

I know some of you guys think it might get boring if there was nothing to fight over, but honestly:

my impression often is that you are not so emotionally distant in your communications than you sometimes claim.

It might be that some systems of training actually have some safety mechanisms for this (and maybe the clearing of channels truly clears people on an emotional level as well) but (from experience) I conclude that each path can be immensely enhanced with practices that specifically focus on certain areas...

to me it is about freedom

and this can not be achieved without being free from emotional triggers... AND (the following is important):

the true reason for an emotional trigger to work is NOT outside of us BUT only in us.

:)

Harry

What is the "state of Sung?"

Spectrum: I hope you will read it and tell us. I was quoting you.... though I have an idea it might be far from what you mean... :)

Harry

sung or song

relaxed not tense but not collapsed

Like a cat ready to pounce

Edited by mYTHmAKER

Thank you MythMaker, Sunshine and TaoMeow for bringing this up,

Personal Interpretation Song/Sung: A state of body/mind consciousness which unfolds when other mental fixations (internal dialog) interrupting the mind/body field(s) fall away. This state at first seems psychological but with continued practice coincides with Wu Ji (taiji/qiqong) and provides a medium for which the mind/body communication to flow through unrestricted by thought.

SeiGung charactarized this state of being w/ eyes half closed / half opened. Relaxed, but not lax, Ready but not tense. Responsive vs. Reactive. You & Opponent are One. There is no opponent. The opponent is you.

On a related topic the squat that we see humans adopt in fight/flight reflex responses is essentially wuji happening spontaneously, without thought.

If you pay attention to meems that people create you can see lesser degrees of fight/flight reflexes firing off all the time in people. Most of the time people respond in the "breaking the rules" way like shoulder raising, elbows out, gasping or holding the breath; every once in a while I have the honor to glimpse someone w/ training who responses to stress 'different' then that rest...

Spectrum

Edited by Spectrum

Yes it is also freedom . . . when the Whole Body Relaxes and Opens the Mind Mirrors Body. When the Whole Mind Relaxes and Opens the Body Mimics Mind. Abakrem Sexaler Evaw. True Form Time Slips Meems Periodically.

It's proper to note suggestable phases of consciousness associated w/ mind body states. It's proper to take mind set and physical location/setting into consideration when engaging on any regime of body centered meditations. For instance underneigth a high voltage powerline we may find mr. chi gunging it up. Oh yeah... he's gunged up alright... w/ 60 hz freq's humming through the whole meridian system. On a different page we find the shaman sage next to the mouth of a volcano throwing in a sacrifice; comic book; on the other shelf we find a Chi Gung anectdote which recommends practicing chi gung (a psycho-physiological process) outdoors, preferably next to trees, or fresh water, at dawn and dusk. The gas exchanges associated w/ the transitions adds an ever subtle third element to the simplist breatharian practice. Topological investigation meditations. I Wonder where the Water Goes. Feng Shui for the Soul.

Spectrum

Sign in to follow this