deci belle

edit timer?

why the quotations around this word? o.O

Don't know Flo, it just felt right at the time (or it could have been a mistake, or grammatical error). ;)

Wasn't sure if I should mention 30 mins, in case it changes.

"Basher"

• Like 1

even when things are mistakes they still have reasons why they happen :P

like, how i never capitalize "I"...sometimes when i post something really ego-driven i mess up and accidentally make it capital

Don't know Flo, it just felt right at the time (or it could have been a mistake, or grammatical error). ;)

Wasn't sure if I should mention 30 mins, in case it changes.

"Basher"

Well, you still have time to edit it. Hehehe.

so Sean was always adamant that the first port of call a moderator would visit when a poster broke ToS, was politely explain to them what was out of line, and ask them to edit their post.

No Moderator could ever edit a members posts, that was out of order, a violation, obviously.

How will a moderator give a member their freedom to choose their own edit in the way they see fit,if we are locked out of access to our own posts?

or:

good questions

Actually the voting clearly shows this board does not like these new changes.

Last time I checked it was 27 to 10.

Even if it was 10 to 10 that would show people do not like these changes.

Please change it back now.

Many thanks.

• Like 2

Yi Jing, The Book of Changes

I hear it has a great section on dealing with "Edit Timers"

Hexagram Forty-Five/Line One:

You seem to blow both hot and cold, sometimes seeking to join in, sometimes shrinking away.

Admit your fears out loud, and a true companion will answer.

Joy returns.

Hex 45 6 in first

• Like 1

Yi Jing, The Book of Changes

I hear it has a great section on dealing with "Edit Timers"

excellent point celestial, the I Ching -- imo -- contains great wisdom and imo the I Ching is Taoist.

it is indeed the book of CHANGES

as a Taoist cultivator myself, all about transformation, transforming,changes,not being too rigid,bending like a willow in the wind, and not holding too tightly to any given specific whatever (could be a post i made once, as an example lets say) anyways everything does change, doesnt it?

and doesnt it make sense that being all about change and changes, this should apply to any given post i have ever made.

i dont want to be rigidly constrained to the point i cant transform/change my post. i dont want to be rigidly attached to any position, especially one that i no longer hold.

i wish to preserve my right to change

afterall, these are my thoughts i would be changing/editing

someone else can tell me that i cannot change them?

and my freedom of choice to make changes does not exist?

Hexagram 99:

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

my thoughts exactly celestial!

so, we have to make a choice here.

which is more fundamental, do we allow ourselves the ability and freedom to create and re-create and express our thoughts,

or,

do we now conform all of our posts to a strict rigidity ??

Go with the flow of changes. If one day nature decides to flood your house, do you ask it to change it back the way it was? If nature decides to create an environment that feels rigid to you, what do you do? Adapt. It's part of nature.

If you wish to take this further I could even bring the Tao Te Ching into this and start citing cases (using verses) that say we shouldn't even have a governing body to begin with. No moderators. Allow the people to govern themselves.

By instituting rigidity The Tao Bums has lost The Way; it no longer follows Taoist principles.

We have all learned by now the one constant in the universe is change ( change is not imposing rigid rules),

my thoughts change, my ideas change - they develop - sometime I wish I hadn't said something.

Like it or not we are always editing, learning, growing, evolving into our selves.

Rigidity is a no no :P

I am considering leaving as "I would rather be a turtle in the mud than encrusted with precious jewels

in a glass case in the emperors palace" - something like that

• Like 1

I am considering leaving as "I would rather be a turtle in the mud than encrusted with precious jewels

in a glass case in the emperors palace" - something like that

Yeah, you got it pretty close. But one can drag one's tail here just as well as along the fiver banks. I do it all the time.

Now, I think I will go find someone to be rude to so that tomorrow I can come back and apologize, allowing the world to see how rude I was and also that my rudeness was a result of my having a bad hair day and that I did apologize for beingt an ass.

Yeah, you got it pretty close. But one can drag one's tail here just as well as along the fiver banks. I do it all the time.

Now, I think I will go find someone to be rude to so that tomorrow I can come back and apologize, allowing the world to see how rude I was and also that my rudeness was a result of my having a bad hair day and that I did apologize for beingt an ass.

Or think before you speak. I hear that does wonders. :P

• Like 1

No moderators. Allow the people to govern themselves.

That condition existed when I first joined the board. You wouldn't believe how many times my life was threatened! Many people have no idea how to govern themselves. That is why they need a Mommy and Daddy, or a wife or husband.

This is a much nicer place since there have been moderators. We don't always agree with the actions of the moderators but sometimes they actually do listen to the members and try their best to do what is best for the board, but not necessarily for each and every member.

• Like 1

That condition existed when I first joined the board. You wouldn't believe how many times my life was threatened! Many people have no idea how to govern themselves. That is why they need a Mommy and Daddy, or a wife or husband.

This is a much nicer place since there have been moderators. We don't always agree with the actions of the moderators but sometimes they actually do listen to the members and try their best to do what is best for the board, but not necessarily for each and every member.

Oh I agree, but it was geared toward zerostao and myth who believe we've lost "The Way" when in fact "The Way" was lost technically way before the edit timer was introduced. In case this isn't clear enough to anyone reading this: Meaning, they should have thrown a bigger fit when moderators were introduced because 'governing people' goes against "The Way."

It just seems silly of them to now all of sudden care when it serves their interests.

Edited by Celestial

Oh I agree, but it was geared toward zerostao and myth who believe we've lost "The Way" when in fact "The Way" was lost technically way before the edit timer was introduced.

It seems silly of them to now all of sudden care when it serves their interests.

I think you might be holding to some misunderstandings but I have nothing more truthful to offer you.

Nothing to misunderstand. It's clear as day to me.

Be consistent in your actions if you take a particular stance. The Way isn't ala carte.

Edited by Celestial