Sign in to follow this  
DentyDao

The Secret of Seasons and the Timing of Time: Cultivation Secrets

Link to Essay

Of all the essays writen by David in the past year. This one is by far one very best. I have already received about ten emails with comments, questions and praise regarding it's contents, and it was just posted earlier today.

Anybody here is welcome to join in the discussion there.

Warm regards, Sean

Edited by seandenty

It saddens my heart a bit only because I know David, out of respect for his masters wishes, would like to keep these discussions private. I'm caught between the two perspectives, but my heart says to respect and honor the wishes of someone like Shifu Wang Liping. He is such a beautiful and wise human being, surely it's possible that we could honor the gift that he has given us by respecting his simple wishes.

Besides the above it would be far more useful to ask questions and comments to David so he can clear up unskillful views on these writings and let the truth shine for all to see. It is perhaps worth mentioning that David is currently on retreat with Shifu Wang Liping at his home and Northern China and Shifu has graciously offered to review the writing of this essay in particular through a hired translator to make sure that David gets it right.

If your actions cause both my teacher and Shifu Wang to close the door that's opening, the karma of your actions affect us all. Rest assured, this is David's fear also. He is doing his best to bring this knowledge to light in the right way, with the respect and blessing of the masters. He has been shocked and deeply hurt by such suggestions is several conversatiions with him. Especially in light of the fact that the essay is just a rough draft and he wishes to add to it and expound on it futher in the weeks to come.

He realizes this could very well happen, unfortunity, if it starts happening a lot the foundation forum will either come to an end or be reduced to a closed door forum.

That's my two cents.

I understand what you're saying Sean but, again, you're posting a link, on a discussion board, to a specific article. You have to assume that calling the attention of people on a discussion board to an article will likely make them discuss it on their board.

You/David have more control over your board. Presumably you can shut down discussion if need be, etc. So maybe it's just better not to post these direct links and just say (as you've been saying), "you guys should check out David's forum".

I don't think it's right to post an article (or a link to an article) and then try to impose (or even merely expect) an implied set of rules about how we're supposed to talk about it. I don't think it's fair -- or even realistic -- to post on a discussion board and then say "oh, but no one should argue with this, no one be sarcastic about it, no one say it's wrong".

Don't get me wrong. I fully accept that you're posting this link to spread knowledge and coming from a position of altruism, but I'm also pretty sure any negative comments anyone puts up here about any of David's articles you've linked to are going to start another flame war.

So I don't see any reason for you to be torn about it, or you or us to be subjected to stepping on each others toes again. Better just to say that David's got lots of good stuff to say and anyone who is interested should check out the forum.

My suggestion is you remove the links.

No offense intended (at all).

I think the members here are mature enough to respect this simple request. I posted the links in good faith and if people want to violate it, then I have no control over that. I only posted these few links to address particular issues I feel are usefull given recent discussions.

I do see your point and I have posted our privacy policy in the welcome section so people understand the idea.

It's pretty clear to me now that I have underestimated the fairness of the membership here in some cases. I was too defensive. Now that the air is cleared a bit I think people will just take the links for what they are intended and check it out if they want to or not.

Anyway, you can discuss them as much as you want here without having to copy the material.

This the Chinese way. People think I'm kidding when I talk about the "Chinese Mind." I think some people think I was talking about some brain structure differences or something. No such thing. They just have different views about things. It's not good or bad or better or worse, it just is what it is.

I'm just the messenger.

Just to be totally transparent on the issue I have sent the following to David:

"One question that has been asked is can people make partial quotes of your writing on other discussion forums? For example, most US copyright law allows for 10-20% usage. I said probably not, but that I would ask."

If he agrees to this I would be fine with it. But again, this seems unlikely in light of past discussions.

Best, S

I think the members here are mature enough to respect this simple request. I posted the links in good faith and if people want to violate it, then I have no control over that. I only posted these few links to address particular issues I feel are usefull given recent discussions.

Anyway, you can discuss them as much as you want here without having to copy the material.

Personally, I don't have a problem with this. I don't feel like it's much to ask and certainly no one is stopping anyone from joining your board to argue it there if they so please.

And I do enjoy having specific articles or essays linked here just to highlight some particularly good points...

In short, I'd rather comply with minimal privacy requests than have you stop linking articles or shut the foundation board down (as with Kosta's old board).

It's an "Essay" There is no harm in posting the whole thing and linking it's source.

When the final draft is finished could you make sure my name is spelled correctly? Its Darin Hamel no relation to Mark or Dorothy.

I read the essay and found it interesting. Some of the things taken for granted I dispute.

For instance there is a general comment that we can know the past but not the future. I do not believe that to be true.

For 25 years now, in every instance of my making big moves in my life from city to city or nation to nation, I have meditated on the forth-comming situation trying to invision what it should be and even how I would fare there. Every time I do this I get a very clear picture of where I should go and where I will be happiest.

Currently I realize that I will not win the current battle I am waging against my landlord. I will be evicted in June. There has been no official court paper sent, no actual notice to evict, but I know it will happen.

So I have been meditating on my options and have the divergent ideas of Oakland CA or Portland Oregon-(whats up with that Seans D, & O.? ) and Atlantic City NJ. The China job has not come through and looks ify at best this week.

I am now getting the idea that it will be Atlantic City first to earn some good money off the high-rollin' tourismo trade and then on to the west coast. That is my vision. It is not a disision I came to but an opening up of where I need to go. It has happened over the past 25 years... from NYC east side to NYC west side to Asia to San Fransisco to NYC to New Jersey, and now this. It only happens with big key and door-changes of home, but it is consistantly a true phenominon.

So I'm still not sure I'm getting the feel that I would want from David as a teacher of esoteric import. We seem to have differing ideas of what is possible.

Sean D. If you think I should share this on yr forum i would be glad to. But I do not want to start another spat with you & yr posse at this time. I do have a lot to get done around here. Dozens of letters to write to elected officials and the press etc...I plan to go out with a bang against these miscreant greedy-ass so and sos...And I need a well-timed tactical retreat to succeed, before the actual eviction...if I am to pull out of here in one piece and with my posesions as well.

Good luck over there - I don't think its for me. I hope that those who it is for - Do find it and prosper through their work.

Just to be totally transparent on the issue I have sent the following to David:

"One question that has been asked is can people make partial quotes of your writing on other discussion forums? For example, most US copyright law allows for 10-20% usage. I said probably not, but that I would ask."

If he agrees to this I would be fine with it. But again, this seems unlikely in light of past discussions.

Best, S

"Dear Sean

My name is plenty discussed already, I'm afraid that partial quoting can be even worse then whole:-)

it is ok if people paraphrase my words disclaiming it is NOT what i mean but what they understand, and by doing so they take any blame for misunderstanding or misquotation or misrepresentation of the practice or my masters and I."

Sign in to follow this