Djed_monk

Question on a path

Ok I have experimented on myself for a while and I wanted to know what you thought of my notes. I am on my phone so it won't be as detailed if you need further explanation please ask..

1. A vegetable based diet

2. Meditating on mind control or thought control

3. Mco

4. After you feel the energy compress it and pack it

5. Full locust to increase energy and pack still.

My main goal is to store energy uh what I would like is feed back on storing the energy not looking for abilities I just want a reservoir of energy and a peace of mind that's all.

So

If you have any more things you'd like to add please do or need me to elaborate on ask.

-djedmonk

All negative thoughts, actions, words, feelings, desires, etc...drain your energy more than anything. Replace them with positive ones; as well as an empty mind that's aware of novelty or beauty outside of your body sensations and feelings (energetic, emotional, memory based, etc). Kind of have a zen like attitude all of the time when looking, listening, tasting, smelling...simple beauty. Attention stuck on body sensations and feelings is another way that energy gets drained...and this can be a common effect of qigong type practices.

We feel what we think is "energy flow", which are just changing body sensations, and think that by being aware of it we are increasing our personal energy. Actually the opposite is happening...have no attachment to your results.

Physical sensations should be considered meaningless.

The body's energy flow should be so smooth that you don't feel it throughout the day, but you can notice if anything abnormal is happening, or you can have full "kinesthesia" when you need to use it to move or whatever other physically skillful task you need to do.

Just think: healthful, smooth, effortless, calm, capable. That's how you should be.

It's important to exercise when working with energy. Walking for an hour is great. In addition to that, I also lift weights...that has many great effects for energy workers, such as grounding, increasing personal strength on mental and spiritual levels, increasing testosterone which is very healthy for men, increasing bone density, squatting for instance is one of the best exercises for developing balance...the list could go on. Basically I think everyone should be doing free weight resistance training...but at least some form of exercise is essential.

"Pride in what you're doing is the greatest source of energy." Having fun is also. Being calm is also. Simply believing that you have limitless energy and can do anything is also.

The first step in Taoist alchemy is stilling the heart-mind. When the mind stops moving (through either resting silently for long periods and letting go of thoughts, connecting with nature, or doing single pointed concentration (shamatha) meditation), energy is restored to its full potential and you heal.

Those are some ideas for you to keep in mind.

• Like 1

Get rid of distractions, pleasure, cravings, ambition and addictions.

Examples

• Alcohol and drugs
  • Gambling
  • Partying and recklessness
  • Sexual misconduct and urge
  • Meeting new people so you won't feel lonely
  • Saving up and buying a new luxury car
  • Adrenaline seeking
  • Working super hard for that promotion
  • Planning your birthday party, attention seeking

These are just some examples of the mundane stuff that so many Westernized people seek. They seek eternal pleasure, they rather take care of their $50,000 BMW make sure it's nice and clean then to take care of their own body and health. They rather meet people and make new friends then to spend time in solitude and find out who they really are. They know more about other people then they know about themselves! These stuff will never bring eternal bliss and happiness and only cause suffering and lost in illusion. Of course, people should experience these mundane things in order to understand the emotions, energy, and hindrance that comes with it thus able to continue on their path.

Edited by becomethepath
  • Like 1

Ok I have experimented on myself for a while and I wanted to know what you thought of my notes. I am on my phone so it won't be as detailed if you need further explanation please ask..

1. A vegetable based diet

2. Meditating on mind control or thought control

3. Mco

4. After you feel the energy compress it and pack it

5. Full locust to increase energy and pack still.

My main goal is to store energy uh what I would like is feed back on storing the energy not looking for abilities I just want a reservoir of energy and a peace of mind that's all.

So

If you have any more things you'd like to add please do or need me to elaborate on ask.

-djedmonk

The means is the end.

Your plan is as good as any. So long you enjoy doing it and it makes you feel good, you're fine.

Be good and enjoy life.