Flolfolil

How do you know your way is the right one?

Seriously, all the people that claim other people are wrong and they are right need to put up or shut up.

Please tell me how you are better than everyone else and how you can be sure about that.

• Like 2

Seriously, all the people that claim other people are wrong and they are right need to put up or shut up.

Please tell me how you are better than everyone else and how you can be sure about that.

I dunno. I have a good idea that what I do (which is not one system) is right for me since I can experience the benefits.

Is it right for everyone else? Hell naw! That would go against Yin/Yang theory, I would say. Some are better for some then others.

When I see people who are practicing spiritual/ self cultivation methods get involved in arguments, "ego" stuff, you could say...When they act from their pain..It does make me wonder what they are doing.

What is the point in trying to make others like you? Why do you feel the need to make them wrong and you right?

It usually seems to stem from pain. Insecurities. Emotions not yet worked thru/ let go of.

I still feel the urges and occasionally do it, when im less aware of my self. hahaha. Sometimes, even when I am aware!!!

Much work to do on my self. Yep.

Peace!

• Like 6

I dunno. I have a good idea that what I do (which is not one system) is right for me since I can experience the benefits.

Is it right for everyone else? Hell naw! That would go against Yin/Yang theory, I would say. Some are better for some then others.

Exactly how I feel.

When I walk abroad in the land people lay palm branches in my way and cry out exaltations such 'he is the one' or 'at last I have seen the glory'. When I speak great crowds of people flock to listen, the sick are healed, fragrant petals rain down from the sky and quite often tiny birds and small furry animals gather round ... which is ridiculous because they have no idea what I am saying. The other day I walked across the duck pond and changed the water into a rather refreshing light sparkling white wine with a touch of juniper essence. These are a few of the signs. Need I say more?

• Like 5

Seriously, folks who jump into something they don't agree with just to stir up trouble need to look at their own choices. There was nothing said in that thread about one way is better than another, or that one path is better than another. Read it again. What was being talked about was misunderstanding and/or misusing the meanings of specific terms in a specific path.

Another example of what 3bob was talking about - is when folks think "wu wei" means sitting on your ass on the couch doing nothing. Maybe sitting on your ass is a better "way" for you or maybe it's not - who is to know or judge? The point is, and was, understanding terms.

" Enlightenment is only realized by purifying and abandoning these wrong, limited views" Are you kidding me? This is a perfect example of holding oneself higher than others!

" Enlightenment is only realized by purifying and abandoning these wrong, limited views" Are you kidding me? This is a perfect example of holding oneself higher than others!

Actually, it isn't.

Letting go of the limited concept of "only" emptiness is the last step in the Buddhist path.

I'll yield to Buddhist scholars to confirm this, or not, if they choose to do so.

Letting go of everything

Eventually even means

Letting go of letting go.

• Like 1

agree to disagree then :) this thread isn't mean to be a stab at that user, but an ongoing issue i see on ttb. If they didn't mean what i think they did, then i offer my apologies. But the issue itself still stands.

agree to disagree then :) this thread isn't mean to be a stab at that user, but an ongoing issue i see on ttb. If they didn't mean what i think they did, then i offer my apologies. But the issue itself still stands.

And it's a very good issue to explore indeed! ^_^

warm regards

• Like 1

I've realized that I am not better than anyone else.

That is one reason I'm comfortable that "my way" is working for me.

Some other effects -

I've come to terms with many issues I used to struggle with.

I'm better able to deal with adversity and challenges.

I'm able to self "medicate" without the need for drugs or therapy.

I'm no longer quick to anger and no longer blame the outside world and other people for my problems.

I have a closer and more loving relationship with most of the people in my life.

Work is more gratifying and less infuriating and frustrating than it used to be.

I am comfortable being with myself without needing to keep busy or be distracted.

I'm much better at (and care more about) recognizing when I'm mistreating others through words or actions.

So "my way" seems to have made some very positive changes in my life.

That's how I know it's the right one for me.

• Like 4

I was going to say something but my thoughts fell into the basket of emptiness.

Does that make you a basket case?

• Like 2

I have found that there are levels of perception and understanding. There were certain principles or truths that 1 year ago I could just not penetrate through and they would go way over my head because at that point I was not ready to recieve such knowledge or I didn't have the necessary experience to understand certain things.

Such unfolding continues for me till this day.....it really is quite a fun and interesting phenomena. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 6

I have found that there are levels of perception and understanding. There were certain principles or truths that 1 year ago I could just not penetrate through and they would go way over my head because at that point I was not ready to recieve such knowledge or I didn't have the necessary experience to understand certain things.

Such unfolding continues for me till this day.....it really is quite a fun and interesting phenomena. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

I've been experiencing this with many of the heavier books I read as a young man.

Coming back to them, whole sections are alive with meaning that were just strings of so many words back then.

• Like 1

I can only speak of my own journey. I found out about astral projection when about 16, then studied Robert Bruce's work and frequented Astral Society. Studied a lot of stuff to do with ap and mysticism, kept reading and reading. Man I read so much, trying to convince myself to start a serious practice, for a decade just trying to get the will power.

Daily Jing depletion since my teens obstructed all serious effort, time and again the lack of results disappointed and will power dwindled. I kept reading though, and eventually found the Autobiography of a Yogi, which blew my mind. I ordered the SRF lessons and within a year received initiation at Hariharananda's ashram, because I detest stiff organizational culture.

Still Jing was depleted frequently, I just wish that this point was emphasized more, it is so key. Had little success with Kriya Yoga as I had Jing depletion and the mental process of 'willing' the MCO to happen without the feeling left me feeling dry and empty. I still have great faith in the Kriya Yoga lineage, and I love those masters because they were true examples of what a real master looks like. I just felt like I needed to know more, I wanted to know the real mechanics behind spirituality.

Had some great experience with Steven Sadleir and 3xSri Shivabalayogi, and became really excited and fascinated with the ever-new joy and bliss aspect of meditational practice. I still have high regard for them, and want to go and sit with SS, because he really nails the bliss aspect of meditation. Another shaktipat master in India caught my eye, and I also plan on sitting with him in the future.

Born to be a healer was also a ground breaking read for me, and whilst I am not good with people I do believe that being a healer is a fantastic way to cultivate Te, so I'm keeping this in the back of my head.

I then discovered the correspondence between Kriya Yoga and the Daoist MCO, and when I began really understanding Daoist Inner Alchemy and the detail it has on the mechanics of spirituality, I really knew that this is the closest I have come to being satisfied intellectually. I then read the Dragon Gate biography and my highest aspiration now is to train with Wang Liping.

I'm doing the 5 element Qi Gong standing practice daily, with 1.5 hours half-lotus meditation. Still working on retaining Jing, managing longer and longer now. My goal is to get the 100 day gong with Jing conservation and meditation, and to sit 2 hours full lotus on the floor eventually, because I know that would be a requirement to train with Wang Liping.

I know that I have to keep Te cultivation in mind, and have deeper appreciation for what the higher powers are doing for me. The ego is a big problem for me, it gives me so much discomfort, but I know that with consistent practice I will change and bloom and bear fruit of Te.

In the past I had impulses to run away to a monastic life, but I have come to realize that a good practice can be maintained whilst living in the world and that it would be better for building virtue. I just know that it comes down to my diligent practice, need to get that 100 day gong milestone.

I am lower than everyone else, I am dead last, the excrement of a maggot, I am an idiot compared to all the great knowledge shared here. Peaceful and tranquil, my mind is at peace, not moved by crumbling mountains or swayed by the winds of the spoken word. empty but full, ok..... full of myself that is.

To finish up a discussion with Flolfolil:

Actually, it isn't.

Letting go of the limited concept of "only" emptiness is the last step in the Buddhist path.

I'll yield to Buddhist scholars to confirm this, or not, if they choose to do so.

Letting go of everything

Eventually even means

Letting go of letting go.

Here, from the sister thread to this one, regarding the 'last step in the Buddhist path'.

(Thanks Steve!).

Also from the Diamond Sutra -

""How do I know this? Because this person must have discarded all arbitrary notions of the existence of a personal self, of other people, or of a universal self. Otherwise their minds would still grasp after such relative conceptions. Furthermore, these people must have already discarded all arbitrary notions of the non-existence of a personal self, other people, or a universal self. Otherwise, their minds would still be grasping at such notions. Therefore anyone who seeks total Enlightenment should discard not only all conceptions of their own selfhood, of other selves, or of a universal self, but they should also discard all notions of the non-existence of such concepts."

"When the Buddha explains these things using such concepts and ideas, people should remember the unreality of all such concepts and ideas. They should recall that in teaching spiritual truths the Buddha always uses these concepts and ideas in the way that a raft is used to cross a river. Once the river has been crossed over, the raft is of no more use, and should be discarded. These arbitrary concepts and ideas about spiritual things need to be explained to us as we seek to attain Enlightenment. However, ultimately these arbitrary conceptions can be discarded. Think Subhuti, isn't it even more obvious that we should also give up our conceptions of non-existent things?"

"Suppose, Subhuti, a man had an enormous body. Would the sense of personal existence he had also be enormous?"

"Yes, indeed, Buddha," Subhuti answered. "His sense of personal existence would be enormous. But the Buddha has taught that personal existence is just a name, for it is in fact neither existence nor non-existence. So it only has the name 'personal existence'."

"Subhuti, how can one explain this Sutra to others without holding in mind any arbitrary conception of forms or phenomena or spiritual truths? It can only be done, Subhuti, by keeping the mind in perfect tranquility and free from any attachment to appearances."

warm regards

Edited by rene

I am lower than everyone else, I am dead last, the excrement of a maggot, I am an idiot compared to all the great knowledge shared here. Peaceful and tranquil, my mind is at peace, not moved by crumbling mountains or swayed by the winds of the spoken word. empty but full, ok..... full of myself that is.

That is great but I am not going to comment further to it.

My way is the best way because.

1) I am rich

2) All women love me

3) Im in the media all the time

4) Science and numbers validate me.

5) Oh, and I have a book

and im cool

• Like 1

Also my way is the best one because it is old.

Because I am sure it is the right one, so it must be.

• Like 1