SonOfTheGods

If a Time Travel Machine is Built in the Future, Then..

..that means we Always had a Time Travel Machine.

We always had the ability to Time Travel

And that's a Game Changer - depending on what can be altered with Time Travel

So, a Tyrannosaurus shot with a hunting rifle - check.

• Like 2

When you think of time travel don't think in terms of linear time, as time is not linear.

The past and the future are equally as real and exist just as real as the present moment does now.

Past and future are a part of a solid object. The computer monitor you are looking at exists in the past and future just as real as it does now.

Past and future exist only relative to the position of your consciousness as it moves.

There also is not just one past and just one future, all possible pasts, and all possible futures exist just as real as the present moment, for all observers, they are also actively populated by minds just as real as your own.

Let's say you invented a machine to "go back in time" you wouldn't actually go back in time, you would travel to a parallel universe that shared a common history, so if you killed your grandfather that universe would develop differently than this one.

All realities exist just as real as this one.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 5

..that means we Always had a Time Travel Machine.

We always had the ability to Time Travel

And that's a Game Changer - depending on what can be altered with Time Travel

So, a Tyrannosaurus shot with a hunting rifle - check.

That is the dillemma. If we have it in the future, then we could send information, if not people, back in time to give key people a leg up.

Then moves would be made that seemed strange or stupid because they are using a walkthrough guide.

They know how the events will ripple and are playing by different rules.

Sounds familiar.....

haha.

Peace

just cuz i dont make an effort to watch it doesnt mean i am not allowed to love the episodes i've seen!

Truth. You can like what you like. and like it how you like it. That is A okay.

Doctor Who is a great show, though....So funny. With a good amount of good story writing.

Great actors...Yep.

I do think that this- wibbly wobbly timey wimey... stuff.- pretty much sums up all of existence. hahaha.

Peace

• Like 1

Truth. You can like what you like. and like it how you like it. That is A okay.

don't take my words so seriously, i am a friend joking with another friend :wacko: they know i am joking.

• Like 1

don't take my words so seriously, i am a friend joking with another friend :wacko: they know i am joking.

Oh, that was not a jab at you! I was just stating my opinion. hehe.

No worries.

Peace

But thats how i roll: deliberately taking sarcasm and humor as serious until someone "breaks character" and "corrects me" ;)

50th year for Doctor Who..... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

but the first 30+ it was a very low budget show...with wobbly walls & paper mache rocks. :blink::unsure:

As a child it was only the Daleks that kept me watching. ;):D:D :D

• Like 1

I've been writing a time travel novel since the early summer of 2040. Can't seem to finish it. There were times when there just wasn't enough time to do much writing. Then there were times when I couldn't figure out the best way to allocate the time. Sometimes, being human, I just wasted a lot of time that I could have put to a more productive use, and sometimes I put in a good chunk of writing time every time, but time after time something would happen either in the outer world or inner that would get it to stall. The novel is loopy as time itself, and when you are writing about time travel in nonlinear time, it can get pretty confusing. Not exactly an easy formula thingie.

I was first inspired by the possibilities of time travel when I just turned 8. It occurred in a summer camp, where I chanced upon a book, supposedly a children's book, which I normally didn't read anymore at that time (I started reading at 3 and was done with children's literature by 5 or 6). But there wasn't much to read at the camp, and I decided to give it a go. It was called The Clock of Times. I read half of it and discovered, to my horror, that it was all there was -- the book, the flimsiest of paperbacks, was torn in the middle and it left me hanging right there for the rest of my life, I could never find this book anymore, although for years, I looked at every collection of books I chanced upon primarily to see if this one was there by any chance. No.

I read all time travel fiction and much of nonfiction (scientific stuff, that is, theories...) since then, but... the first cut is the deepest. I was transfixed, I was frozen in time where that book ended so abruptly, so mysteriously. I wanted to know the answers. Still do. But since then I figured that I will most probably never know what ultimately happened in that book, so I might as well write my own.

And one day, in the early summer of 2040, I started writing. Just like the first time, it was in a summer camp, this one for adults, in a place called Tschurovo in Eastern Ukraine -- the name is derived from the Old Slavonic tschur, ancestor. I was writing in an ordinary composition book, using a pen and ink, for reasons unknown to me -- civilization may have collapsed in the interim, so, no computers, or I was in a different timeline where computers were either never invented or never widely used by lay folks. In any event, everything else was pretty normal. I finished the first chapter and, quite pleased with myself, went to sleep. And in the morning I woke the fuck up elsewhere, different time, different place, different me. Talk about the writer's block. They hurled a whole different galaxy in my way to try to block me.

But they will not prevail.

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 2

If we invent a time machine in the future then we've always had a time machine so...

We don't need to worry about making a time machine, since we've already done it.

in which case, we don't have a time machine, so we will need to develop it.

So... should I study to become an engineer, or should I just wait for my engineering marvel to win me the lottery?

If we invent a time machine in the future then we've always had a time machine so...

We don't need to worry about making a time machine, since we've already done it.

in which case, we don't have a time machine, so we will need to develop it.

So... should I study to become an engineer, or should I just wait for my engineering marvel to win me the lottery?

I remember, from long ago, a sci-fi short story that answered your question.

A super advanced human being from the future comes to visit a young, struggling, completely unknown artist in our time, and upon materializing, bows to him in reverence. He proceeds to assert that for his own whatever merits he won the privilege of a trip in time to meet in person the greatest artist of all time. The young man goes, no way, I may have some ability, but I'm about to quit painting, it's nothing but frustration, no money, no recognition, and I'm not all that crazy about the paintings I produce, they are at best mediocre. The future guy says, yes, of course you are still immature, your great inspiration comes later -- many years from now. But when it does, this is what you produce! -- and he gives the young man an album of reproductions, which are of course exactly identical to the originals, due to advanced future technology.

The young man starts looking at the paintings and nearly has a stroke. I've never seen anything this magnificent and powerful, he gasps. No way I could have painted these! Ah but you did! It's your work, revered through the ages and across the inhabited worlds, and now you see why!

The future guy then basks in the presence of the great artist in his still-unmanifest state, so to speak, which he submits was the goal of his trip, and departs -- leaving the album behind. The young man, after a prolonged period of turmoil, begins to study the paintings... trying to understand the techniques, the concepts, the great spirit that moved the brush. And then he gets to work learning to paint like that... It takes him many years...

So, SZ, do not sit back waiting for your engineering marvel to have already been created. For it to have already been created, you still need to create it... by hook or by crook. :)

• Like 1

Guys, there was always the time travel machines and even abillity.

But you really think "they" let you time travel?

• Like 1

You mean, like, the secret government projects, Montauk, Pegasus, etc.? No, they won't let me time travel by their methods, but then, I won't let them time travel by my methods.

They couldn't if they tried, because who they are is a huge brake on time travel to the best of times, they can't go there, they can only go to more of what they are part and parcel of -- atrocious times. Time is not separate from the fabric of being, you can't time travel somewhere incompatible with your own fabric-of-being. Bummer for the manipulators, really. Anywhere they can travel is just more of what they are. There's no ticket for getting anywhere else in time available to anyone.

In fact, even the ordinary, "locally linear" time travel, known as aging, follows the same rule -- you just keep moving toward more of what you are, down to caricature or up to perfection, depending on the route your "who I am" has chosen. Time will manifest that, more and more of that. Whatever you are, time will merely amplify as you go deeper into that. So, choose who you are carefully... and time travel safely. :)

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 6

Oh yes they can only travel in their time loops by setting the start and ending point.

But also they had problems with them when they wanted to travel with the mechanic methods.

So they would invent thing so that we can not travel.

Because :"If one can not get more intelligent than others - make them less intelligent than you"

Which things do you have in mind, Friend?

I'm talking about the servants of the Dark Lord, Kronos, Saturn, Lord of the Rings, Ptah, to name a few of his names. They have served him from the beginning of time (something he provides -- the "beginning" of time, by introducing the "end of time," death.) Whatever technology they use today can be fought alchemically to the same extent it has always been fought alchemically. Lead, the Dark Lord's element, can always be transformed into pure gold, no matter what they make out of it. It's a matter of knowing how. :)

• Like 3

Which things do you have in mind, Friend?

I'm talking about the servants of the Dark Lord, Kronos, Saturn, Lord of the Rings, Ptah, to name a few of his names. They have served him from the beginning of time (something he provides -- the "beginning" of time, by introducing the "end of time," death.) Whatever technology they use today can be fought alchemically to the same extent it has always been fought alchemically. Lead, the Dark Lord's element, can always be transformed into pure gold, no matter what they make out of it. It's a matter of knowing how. :)

Kronos, pair of Kairos?

• Like 1

nevamind

Edited by skydog

Kronos, pair of Kairos?

Ah, very good!

Definitions vary through ages and traditions, but I would say kairos is an aspect of chronos which corresponds to the yi of the Yi Jing ( which is spelled here the Pinyin way to differentiate from the personal pronoun "I" it can otherwise be mistaken for in the Wade-Giles and more widespread spelling of the I Ching). "Yi" or kairos is "a kind of time," "the weather of the times," with a beginning and an end, and a transition to a different kind, a different cosmic moment. Apparently the authors of the Yi Jing understood its nature similarly, i.e. as times acted upon, not the regular changes of the unfolding of the cosmic process but the kind of changes in the motor of the cosmic time machine you can cause by throwing in a monkey wrench. Some traditions view this monkey wrench as "the mind of god in action, at the time chosen," others, as the mind of goddess impeded, her machinery of life eternal split into irregular and haphazard attempts at Conception, Growth, Fruition -- and artificially skewed toward Consummation... Fruitful subject! :)

• Like 2

I'm John Connor and I approve of this thread.

i had been holding my breath to see if you would grant the john connor seal of approval.

glad i can breathe now,

celestial you are probably going to take a breather yourself

• Like 1