Sign in to follow this  
Tatsumaru

Drugless Anesthesia ?

Hello,

Is there anyone here who has shown interest in drugless anesthesia ? Probably via hypnosis or acupressure ?

Is it possible to induce full anesthesia in a safe way to a person ? We all know that medical anesthetics are very dangerous and come with a plethora of potentially fatal sides such as respiratory and cardiac distress, vomiting, comma etc.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Again - we are not talking about pain management, but full body anesthesia. The one they would use for harder surgeries. Thanks.

P.S.

I've seen those hypnotherapists on shows who just touch people and they feel asleep. Is this true or is it a myth ?

Edited by Tatsumaru

Not experienced but from studying everything from psychic phenomena to hypnosis/mind control, I would say that with enough training and mind power from the practitioner, it could well be done. Without a full experiment though, I cannot say any more.

Mind over matter, and all that jazz....

PS why on earth do you want to know? Not condoning any D.I.Y surgeries! Lol

Open heart surgery has been performed with local anaesthetic and acupuncture before. I'm not aware of any drugless full anaesthesia, but it probably is possible.

It's not possible to hypnotise anyone just by touching, unless maybe as a paranormal ability. However, a hypnotist could hypnotise someone and include as one of their instructions 'enter a hypnotic state instantly if I touch you'. And obviously, several minutes of getting someone into that first hypnotic state doesn't make good telly so it would be cut from the show.

• Like 1

This has nothing to do with actual surgeries I am just doing a personal research. I want to find as much as possible on this topic.

Hello,

1. Is there anyone here who has shown interest in drugless anesthesia ?

2. Probably via hypnosis or acupressure ?

3. Is it possible to induce full anesthesia in a safe way to a person ?

All help will be greatly appreciated.

1. Yes.

2. Acupuncture but not acupressure.

3. Yes, it is safe I would say.

I had seen a documentary showing acupuncture anesthesia for surgery which was practiced in China.

Ref:

Edited by ChiDragon

This is analgesia (pain management), not anesthesia (going unconscious).

Perhaps that's why there it was no harm done to the body. Unconscious is to knock someone out so one doesn't feel the pain. The purpose of analgesia is for someone not to feel the pain without knocking one out.

FYI If you want to know, there are some acupoints that can put someone unconscious or death. However, putting someone unconscious is very dangerous; it may cause death or memory loss.

Edited by ChiDragon

Sign in to follow this