Sign in to follow this  
SpaceCowboy

Hello everyone

Hi everyone. I am probably a typical noob. Everything I know pertaining to this subject comes from Alan Watts. I have been listening to his recorded talks for years now, and I have read some of his books in which he describes Taoism, Zen and other eastern philosophies. I know it probably isn't smart to get all my knowledge from one source, so I figured I'd give this forum a shot. I am 19 years old, I live in Michigan, USA where I attend college and work as a laborer. I feel like Watts has logically explained to me what Taoism is about, but I feel as if the enlightenment is coming straight from Watts and once I close the book or stop the recording, I go back to my engrained habits of seeking and frustration.

Thanks for reading this. Now that I have introduced myself, I will continue to explore the forum.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to the Tao Bums SpaceCowboy. Though long gone to join his ancestors Alan Watts still seems to bring many new people to the path. You will find much mention of him on the forums.

Before delving in please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ We are an easy going buch here but there are one or two things it is best to be aware of.

Best wishes,

Chang

Sign in to follow this