KenBrace, practicing what you want to practice (mo pai system) requires more than just a 'teacher'. It requires a teacher with mastery in the practice. This is because you need to learn from someone who not only knows the practice methods and how they are done, but you need the guidance of someone who has a deep understanding of what constitutes right practice and wrong practice and who also knows how to properly identify when a student is on the right track or the wrong track, and also knows how to correct any problems that might arise. You are warned.

Anyway, to deal with the problem you have described, I would suggest you completely stop your sitting practice for the time being until the problem is resolved, and practice the following at least once a day, but once in the morning and once in the evening will be better.

Practice the standing exercise shown in the following video starting at about the 3:30 time stamp in the video. You only need to practice this particular stance. You don't need to practice the other stances he shows in the other videos.

Lam Kam Chuen - The Way of Energy - Day 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y07FauHYlmg

If you haven't practiced this before, start off with just a few minutes or so at first, and build up your standing time slowly. When standing this way starts becoming a strain, stop for that session. Keep your body as relaxed as you can and keep your shoulders down and relaxed as well. Over time you will be able to stand longer and longer. If you can get to standing sessions up to about 20 minutes or more without any straining, then that should be long enough for a session. I believe you first need to correct some weakness or imbalances in your system before practicing sitting practice. Once you have your problem resolved you can start adding sitting practice if you really want and see how it goes, however see my warning above. You are going to want to find a system that is taught by a very experienced and knowledgeable teacher. You should probably do the standing practice for at least three months or more; as long it takes for your problem to be resolved. You should also probably keep doing the standing practice regardless of what other practices you might add later. You can move on to other standing stances once you have resolved your problem if you want.

If you are willing to give this standing practice a try for your situation, please report back with your progress over the next few months so others can see how it helped you with your problem. It is not easy keeping at the standing practice every day, so it will take some real determination and commitment. Ideally you should only be doing the standing stance shown in the above video for at least several months. If you continue with the sitting or other practices during this period then this standing practice might not help you so much however, and obviously you will need to make an effort to avoid sexual stimulation during this practice period as well. So there are various factors that can determine results, so it is good to keep that in mind.

Thanks for the advise! I'm still working on level one which is rather simple and doesn't require a teacher, but I do plan on looking for one after I finish it and am ready for the higher levels. I've been trying a lot of things and they seem to be helping so I'll see how it goes. If the problem persists I'll try this exercise you recommended. Thanks again for the advise! :)

I took cold showers first up in the morning.

I do not recommend ice cold showers before going to bed. Cold showers pretty much got me pumped up and readya to conquer the world. Not exactly the feeling you would want before you wind down and go to bed, but may be 4-5 hours before your bedtime might be a good idea.

Personally, I used to get wet dreams every 10 days last year when I was abstaining. This year when I went on a 90 day abstinence, my frequency increased from every 10 days to every 14 days and after a month (that is 2nd wet dream) I stopped having them.

So yeah, give cold showers a try. In my experience it helped immensely.

I do not recommend ice cold showers before going to bed. Cold showers pretty much got me pumped up and readya to conquer the world. Not exactly the feeling you would want before you wind down and go to bed, but may be 4-5 hours before your bedtime might be a good idea.

Personally, I used to get wet dreams every 10 days last year when I was abstaining. This year when I went on a 90 day abstinence, my frequency increased from every 10 days to every 14 days and after a month (that is 2nd wet dream) I stopped having them.

Thanks man! I'll definitely give this a try! :)

Wow. Ken I have to say you must be involved in some authentic and quality training if after an ejaculation you are required to take time off. In my own training the longer one can go in between any forms of sex the better with no sex at all achieving the highest level of skill and cultivation. It is a struggle for me as well in fact I just indulged on saturday in the heat of the moment and am now wishing I hadn't. Def going to try cold showers and longer, daily horse stance. Btw, if I don't sit in full lotus daily there is no way I am able to subdue my sexual desire, awake or dreaming.

Edited by Colonel Goji
  • Like 1

Hi Ken!

I will give you some tip here:

Do the deer exercise, squeeze buttocks and anus freqently during the day. Just google deer exercise. Stephen T Chang (Inner Practices) and Mantak Chila both writes about it in their books.

Another thing about the deer exercise is that by squeezing buttocks and drawing in stomach you will put pressure / massage prostate so that any excess fluid will be pumped out in small doses. These doses can give you small micro-orgasms, and instead of coming out at night it will be absorbed by the body.

Do regulated breathing. Long deep breaths from abdomen. You must work up the energy in kidney / abdomen area witch are too weak if you ejaculate like that. Either do it on regular practice or just do it now and then while you do other stuff. Use some force.

Avoid sugar and salt as much as possible. Eat less and more vegetables, fruits and fish. Skip meat, garlic, onions, soybeans and all heavy yang food witch will all induce fluid production. also do not eat too late.

Try sublimate overflow energy in evening. That is by calm meditation like vipassana or just counting observing breath.

Of course stop sex fantasies and voluntary ejaculation. They will counteract all work.

Daily physical exercise (moderate) like brisk walks or slow running.

I think if you follow it every day in 2-3 weeks your problems will be cared for.

If not you might have a more difficult condition. Then I advise you to go an see an acupuncturist or a person that knows the Chinese medicine to give you some herbs or treatment against your problem.

Edited by Jonas
  • Like 1

Hi Ken!

I will give you some tip here:

Do the deer exercise, squeeze buttocks and anus freqently during the day. Just google deer exercise. Stephen T Chang (Inner Practices) and Mantak Chila both writes about it in their books.

Another thing about the deer exercise is that by squeezing buttocks and drawing in stomach you will put pressure / massage prostate so that any excess fluid will be pumped out in small doses. These doses can give you small micro-orgasms, and instead of coming out at night it will be absorbed by the body.

Do regulated breathing. Long deep breaths from abdomen. You must work up the energy in kidney / abdomen area witch are too weak if you ejaculate like that. Either do it on regular practice or just do it now and then while you do other stuff. Use some force.

Avoid sugar and salt as much as possible. Eat less and more vegetables, fruits and fish. Skip meat, garlic, onions, soybeans and all heavy yang food witch will all induce fluid production. also do not eat too late.

Try sublimate overflow energy in evening. That is by calm meditation like vipassana or just counting observing breath.

Of course stop sex fantasies and voluntary ejaculation. They will counteract all work.

Daily physical exercise (moderate) like brisk walks or slow running.

I think if you follow it every day in 2-3 weeks your problems will be cared for.

If not you might have a more difficult condition. Then I advise you to go an see an acupuncturist or a person that knows the Chinese medicine to give you some herbs or treatment against your problem.

Thanks, I appreciate help! I'll definitely use this advise!

• Like 1

sexy chi sounds so close to Sexy No jutsu lol

Yeah frequent nocturnal emissions are demonic occurrences. For example, I never had them until I practiced (any experienced cultivator will tell you that demonic states and demons will come to attack your cultivation) then I realized that it resulted from some being entering my dream and enticing me. Try saying Namo Amituofo in your dreams when this happens. I was also advised that Guanyin Bodhisattva's name helps too.

Hahah! Sexy No Jutsu! Fun.

thats pretty much what it is, though... Sexy Qi. Course its far more then that. Still, I like the name.

I have never had a nocturnal emission. Never stored it long enough, though. Well, I did do 28 days. It was easy, though. It was spontaneous. Part of my practice.

Now...Im working on moving the energy, releasing tension and blockages that stop the energy from flowing and invigorating my body.

Helps allot! Water Method from BKF's system is very helpful.

Peace

• Like 1

Do you know what the science behind taking cold showers is?

Many things are mentioned in this thread relating to the topic. Mental abstinence is key: http://thetaobums.com/topic/22912-semen-retention-100-days-and-my-experiences/

My 2 cents, Peace

I agree. that helps allot.

In my own experience, the energy creates the thoughts. Not sure what energy it is yet. May be different from Sexy Qi.

anywho, once the sexy qi is moved into...better areas/ sublimated, the thoughts generally calm down quite a bit.

The "heart" is calmer. It then becomes far easier to store sexy qi.

Peace

Aha a byproduct of your cultivation. Been planting good seeds and really rooting into the ground. The fact that you never had a nocturnal emission really says something about you and your past. Of course, that's up to you to investigate :)

Haha I would post a video of sexy no jutsu but it would not help the OP as he'll probably dwell in an unconscious fantasy.

yep, I have a great teacher and solid practices. haha, it helps a HUGE amount!

Well the no nocturnal emissions thing is probably because I masturbated multiple times a day, most of the time.

Of course, even when I store, I dont have them....hmm...interesting. Stuff to think about!

AWW, you should post the Sexy No Jutsu...its a great laugh.

Peace

I agree. that helps allot.

In my own experience, the energy creates the thoughts. Not sure what energy it is yet. May be different from Sexy Qi.

anywho, once the sexy qi is moved into...better areas/ sublimated, the thoughts generally calm down quite a bit.

The "heart" is calmer. It then becomes far easier to store sexy qi.

Peace

Shen governs Qi, and Qi governs Jing....in theory. This is the most harmonious hierarchy, through meditation we can slowly move towards this.

My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 1

Shen governs Qi, and Qi governs Jing....in theory. This is the most harmonious hierarchy, through meditation we can slowly move towards this.

My 2 cents, Peace

In theory, yes. It does often. Yet, It also goes the other way. I wonder how often that happens?

The shen is quite nice! hehe.

Peace

In theory, yes. It does often. Yet, It also goes the other way. I wonder how often that happens?

The shen is quite nice! hehe.

Peace

I interpret it this way:

Shen: Spirit, BEING, Light....etc

Qi: Intellect and Emotions

Jing: Basest form of energies that provide raw energy for the body. Sexy Qi.

Its my experience that most often people's actions are not in tune with Spirit, I think the world would look quite different if it was a more common occurrence.

My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 1

I interpret it this way:

Shen: Spirit, BEING, Light....etc

Qi: Intellect and Emotions

Jing: Basest form of energies that provide raw energy for the body. Sexy Qi.

Its my experience that most often people's actions are not in tune with Spirit, I think the world would look quite different if it was a more common occurrence.

My 2 cents, Peace

What is spirit, being, light, though? How do we know what is and is not in harmony/ alignment with it?

If it is a feeling, is that emotion? How can we discern Qi- emotions and Shen- feelings?

I like your line of thought.....Many avenues of questioning.

Peace!

What is spirit, being, light, though? How do we know what is and is not in harmony/ alignment with it?

If it is a feeling, is that emotion? How can we discern Qi- emotions and Shen- feelings?

I like your line of thought.....Many avenues of questioning.

Peace!

In my most basic understanding Shen is "Listening" and intuitive knowing.....but I must stay my experience is very shallow in this area, and I am aware there are much deeper levels than my current understanding. It is not worthwhile to try and talk about something that is not in my experience.

I think we can discern between different feelings by there degree of subtly. Emotions are quite heavy, some emotions heavier than other. Intuition is very subtle.

My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 1

Funny instead of consciously doing that during sitting meditation, I kinda just do it. For example, I've noticed that during meditation there is a lot of resistance. What I do is just let myself sit there and nothing. Focus on the breath of course. Really "letting go" in meditation is one of the hardest things for you to do. You must let go of the skandhas and transcend them. Note volume 3 of the Shurangama Sutra since you're reading it. Is this a way to achieving true samadhi? I don't know. I haven't got over the pain yet haha. Still investigating day after day.

Letting go is my big deal now. Learning how. How holding on feels...I am starting to feel how it feels to hold onto Qi "things".

Its quite interesting.

Lawd, letting go and then when you reach a point where the ego fills you with fear of death...You have to let go.

Thats really hard, I have heard. Experienced something tiny, like that once. I could not let go. "I" got thrown back out of wherever I was real fast. hehe.

Too soon, It seems.

I have not been reading the Shurangama Sutra, lately. Will get back to it soon! I will check out that section once I am there.

Thanks, MalikShreds!

Peace

The Shurangama Sutra is hard to read sometimes because Shakyamuni Buddha reiterates a lot. Although, good teachers will repeat what they say a bunch of times. Countless times. I'm also reading from a computer screen. But I bear with it and keep going forward. Reading and investigating.

Sounds like you got into a demonic state. That happened to me before. Realizing that the ego could be a mere thought. But I got scared. What I do to prevent falling into a demonic state again. Practice more and more. Then you stop paying to false thoughts and keep gong.

Its not too hard. Im used to people re-iterating! haha. It helps it stick.

My passion/ attention flits around from one thing to another, eventually coming back to the thing I put on hold. If I let it flow, I learn a whole lot more. So when I flow back to the Shurangama, I will read more! heh.

Dunno much about demonic states. Sounds kewl, though.

I just got into a deep meditative state where there was no awareness of my body or the external and my awareness was "diving" into some light that was not light and I felt intense fear. A strong thought came up that said- I am going to die if I go there.

I then jerked back and I became aware of my body and the external slowly.

Twas neat.

Yep, if I had enough coherence/ focus/ samhadi power I would have been able to go on.

Or If I could just let go of my need to exist. thats a tough one....hmm...

Maybe letting go is a good path for some. I like it. For now, atleast I need to work on it!

Thanks for your help/ sharing/ insight, MalikShreds! Always enjoyable to hear from you!

Peace

• Like 1

Either you eed to ejaculate and so your body is doing it, and or you need to work more on the psychological aspects of assimilating sexual energy/desire.

The "physical" desire or need to ejaculate is largely a psychologically/culturaly potentiated feeling; much like our hormanal response to finding a 100 dollar bill, (adreniline, relief, satisfaction), our response and/ or urges from or towards sexual stimuli are conditioned into our biological physyque.

We are constantly bombarded by imagery that is designed by some of the most intellegent sought after minds of the planet, to manipulate yur egoless brain into wanting/desiring certain things. Their approach is based on centuries worth of research and knowledge into the human pdyche, so dont feel like a chump or a sheep for being filled up with it...it is designed to manipulate the core of your being.

So we are all filled with more urges then we actually have; the goal would be to reduce the urges down to what you actually do have, and that requires YOU to re condition ourself and to reject what you are not interested in, and that might actually be that you are not at all interested in sex altogeather. If that is the case which I believe it is for most, then you have to be prepared to accept that you are not a hetero- or hmosexual person...you might not have an affilitation to identify with which is hard for you, and the culture to accept because one way or the other our society is dominated by sexuality regaurdless of gender/affiliation.

If you have not dealt with excess culturaly charged sexually directed energy, and also do not ejaculate, then you will more than likely have issues with random ejaculation and or odd sexual desires that you dont even identify with.

Its weird being egoless in nature, in a society that defines you by your sexual preferences and defines those as black and white.

• Like 1

Either you eed to ejaculate and so your body is doing it, and or you need to work more on the psychological aspects of assimilating sexual energy/desire.

The "physical" desire or need to ejaculate is largely a psychologically/culturaly potentiated feeling; much like our hormanal response to finding a 100 dollar bill, (adreniline, relief, satisfaction), our response and/ or urges from or towards sexual stimuli are conditioned into our biological physyque.

We are constantly bombarded by imagery that is designed by some of the most intellegent sought after minds of the planet, to manipulate yur egoless brain into wanting/desiring certain things. Their approach is based on centuries worth of research and knowledge into the human pdyche, so dont feel like a chump or a sheep for being filled up with it...it is designed to manipulate the core of your being.

So we are all filled with more urges then we actually have; the goal would be to reduce the urges down to what you actually do have, and that requires YOU to re condition ourself and to reject what you are not interested in, and that might actually be that you are not at all interested in sex altogeather. If that is the case which I believe it is for most, then you have to be prepared to accept that you are not a hetero- or hmosexual person...you might not have an affilitation to identify with which is hard for you, and the culture to accept because one way or the other our society is dominated by sexuality regaurdless of gender/affiliation.

If you have not dealt with excess culturaly charged sexually directed energy, and also do not ejaculate, then you will more than likely have issues with random ejaculation and or odd sexual desires that you dont even identify with.

Its weird being egoless in nature, in a society that defines you by your sexual preferences and defines those as black and white.

Just to elaborate, and/or clarify. As an average eveyrday human of the modern age, you are constantly bombarded with sexually stimulating energy.

If you identify with the stimuli at at all, as though you identify with the concepts of hetero, homo, or bisexual, or anything imaginable, then you are susceptable, and under the influence of that energy. To truly achieve the goal of not ejaculating, you need to aproach the task as an introspection and via neuroplasticity through meditation, and or drugs like psilocybine.

Non-ejuculation is only desirable from the non-conventional psychological state that is relative to an un-gendered being

In this day of technological enculturation, expidient means may be required by the conscious an active mind,

Yes, I've actually gone five nights in a row without a nocturnal emission! Last night and the night before I almost broke the streak but I was able to realize what was going and snap myself awake just in time! Thanks for all the help you guys! :)

• Like 2