Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Who's married here and how has your practice effected it?

In marriage are Mythmaker and Mythismaker a mythtic match? Actually rumor is that they've both gone through Kundalini. I think most of the married male bums I've talked to are in my position. I practice and dabble but my wife doesn't. Which is a bummer.

Whats the scoop?

Michael

In marriage are Mythmaker and Mythismaker a mythtic match? Actually rumor is that they've both gone through Kundalini. I think most of the married male bums I've talked to are in my position. I practice and dabble but my wife doesn't. Which is a bummer.

Whats the scoop?

Michael

We is for real.

One doesn't go through kundalini like an old suit of clothes. :lol:

Our focus is basically the same.

Our expression of it is not always so.

However, we respect (can you really stop someone from being who they are and

would you want to) each other to express in our own way.

Should not be a bummer if your wife, partner doesn't interfere with your practice.

Be thankful that she doesn't and allow your wife her space.

Don't be resentful.

Who knows your wife might become your deciple one day.

BTW can't anyone spell my name correctly mYTHmAKER not Mythmaker :)

I've been practicing SKF with mrs. x for 8 months...after more than 20 years of practice with her as my best friend. There were several years of solo practice prior to meeting her. But I digress.

I don't know why anyone, male or female, would marry prior to experiencing a significant many (years) of the possibilities of Life with that person in order to establish spiritual simpaticoness with one with whom one is considering a life-long commitment to spiritual growth. Pregnancy, I suppose, is a culprit...another significant benefit of SKF...pregnancy management.

We were both virgins 21 years ago and have chosen to keep our expressions of sexual intimacy to ourselves as we've pursued our SKF and spiritual evolution practices. It can't be overstated how important and fundamental is the cumulative effect of the expression of this commitment over the course of the personal and spiritual evolution of those committed so to each other in the course of their Lives. This kind of relationship becomes an overwhelmingly obvious positive feedback system for evolution of the participants at some point. That's when we decided to get married. For me the answer to the question that this thread poses is: It made it happen!

I hope this is of use to others.

Love.

xeno

Xeno, that was nice to read.

Your relationship sounds very refined and it is the way i want mine to be (when it happens)

sincerity, honesty, integrety, respect etc etc = a sanctified union

may the the love continue

My partner and I both practice, although we're kind of ironic to the whole tying the knot thing.

What's interesting is that when we first met, she found my raving about practice irritating.

We actually had a number of arguments about it, and I felt she pulled me back into negativity when, after returning from a retreat, all refreshed and mellow, she started a big fight.

Now I realize I was standing between her and the possibility to practice, and let her find out for her self what the whole thing was about. Actually, being much more sensitive than me, she has taught me so much about my latent arrogance, self rightousness and spiritual laziness.

In many ways, she has been my greatest teacher. But it can drive me to the brink of insanity sometimes...

For one thing, if both partners practice, the sex is a whole different ballgame.

h

... but my wife doesn't. Which is a bummer.

imho, a person needs to be really careful with this line of thought. It's a little seed that perhaps you are or are not aware of that will grow into real resentment.

I was just reading in a book a story about a guy that went to his rabbi (it was a book about kabbalah) and he said something like 'the problem is i wanted a ferrari but I ended up marrying a ford'..and the guy replied, 'the problem is you wanted a car'. There's no magic girl out there that is going to be your training partner, lover, friend, housemate, spouse, parent, faithful alibi, (fill in the blank), etc. etc. so again, imho, don't look for it.

fwiw,

T

You've got a point Thad. Should have said minor bummer :) . My wife smiles and leaves to my madness.

Michael

I think that just breathing the air on this planet brings lots of spiritual growth even if one never formally practices. There's a Sufi saying: "Everyone you meet is an accomplished mystic from well before the creation of the universe."

As my practice makes me a more loving dude, that can't but help make Mrs. Yoda groovier too even if she never does any form of formal cultivation practice.

So in that sense Mrs Yoda and Mrs Thelerner are practitioners.

I think that one attracts a partner not just based on vibrational alignment but also as a help towards the fulfillment of one's life destiny. The more you understand your destiny, the more you'll understand the reason you are with a particular partner, had the parents you did, etc.

jmo,

Yoda

Taoism found me after 30 some odd years of marraige. We met in a Christian environment and in the beginning attended church etc. For the most part, our participation in church has been non-existant. Why I drifted away from Christianity is a subject of another post, however my wife still considers herself a follower. I guess like any marriage thats lasted as long as ours, there have been some really good times and some horrible bad times mixed in with mainly just every day kind of days. We've tranistioned from red-hot lovers to good friends (not my choice btw) and have settled in to a comfortable daily existance. I know that she would dis-approve of me getting involved in a religious form of Taoism (or anything but Christianity). I have no real desire to get involved in any kind of religion at all. If I had to label myself, it would be "philisophical Taoist". I'm also very interested in qigong for a variety of reasons and am beginning a very basic practice. I keep it mostly to myself, getting up early in the morning and enjoying the only quiet time in the house for practice. My wife knows about the yoga part of my practice, but I haven't brought up the meditative aspects. I realize this is a far from ideal situation, but not rocking the boat seems like the way to go for now.

Eric,

You might try going to church every so often. Might help iron things out. If you can't stomach the the particular tradition maybe go with something lighter like a Quaker outfit or something? That might help ease her competing loyalties.

Yoda

I know that she would dis-approve of me getting involved in a religious form of Taoism (or anything but Christianity). I have no real desire to get involved in any kind of religion at all. If I had to label myself, it would be "philisophical Taoist". I'm also very interested in qigong for a variety of reasons and am beginning a very basic practice.

It might be worth taking a fresh look at the life of Jesus and what he was doing and saying. Very interesting perspective on intention, healing, manifesting, and relationship to the creator. You two may not be as far off as you think.

Just my two cents,

T

One of the main issues I had with Christianity was dualism. Paul's letters to the early churches really brings the point home. Just never really accepted it. The particular church we attended had more to do with my in-laws than anything and they're still around going to the same place. Changing venues would be a hard nut to crack. Truth is, for all her talk of wanting to go to church, sleeping in on Sunday seems to have a higher priority. She has many health issues that could be helped by qigong. One of these days it will come up in conversation.

learner,

physical practice looks like a boy's wargame to women.

they dont need it, they are more physically fit than most men.

remerber, they have to carry a pregnancy and sustain a household.

but when it comes to training the emotional, they are all ears ;)

it was my case, and most of my friends think the same.

i hope that can help.

Sign in to follow this