Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Who here is into Hermetics?

I've started working on Franz Bardon Initiation Into Hermetics and some of practices on Rawn Clarks Abardoncompanion.com site. I'm working through Rawn's IHVH chanting series. A simple practice taken to the NNnnnth degree. Fascinating stuff.

Just wondering what other people know about it and how they practice.

Michael

I used to be more into Hermetics. I've dabbled a bit with Bardon. Great stuff. Nowadays Lezlie picks up my slack on the Hermetics angle. What draws you to this Michael?

Bardon goes pretty far out, you could say ultimately far out in the last steps of his practice and thats only his first book. I like the psychological foundation he lays out in the first steps. Nothing exotic, understand yourself, exercises like the light/dark mirror to see yourself and shadow completley. Slowly going through the steps on attention and one pointedness. Simple physical routines.

Very basic stuff that is so important. Some stuff seems new age, others are almost like old time religion, ie thanking and charging the food and water your drink. Simple prayer/affirmation when you rise and sleep

I've been doing a simple Hebrew chant. Rawn Clark has this amazingly complicated system based on an old classic. I'm on his level three, and there's mental, visual, emotional, vocal levels to it that are really dynamic and pretty challenging. I can't imagine what he has you do for the next 5 levels.

I've always had a hard time with the concept of prayer on many levels. The usual- why should we pray and to who? Does he owe humankind a refund etc. The chants provide solutions that go beyond my head.

Michael

Sign in to follow this