Sign in to follow this  
rene

'sign out' failure

Not sure if this has been reported or not, but, most times - clicking the 'sign out' button up top right - doesn't sign me out. I can see down below it's going through the process...all the ads, links, etc cycling through like they do when it works..but when it's all finished, I'm still signed in. I wait 20 secs or so, click 'sign out' again - same things happen, and I'm still signed in. It happens from different places (TB front page, general discussion front page, even tried from a PM msg.) so i just end up closing the window.

This is no biggie, just thought you might like to know, especially since it's getting worse. A few months ago, it would fail maybe 1 out of 20 times; now it's at least 6 out of every 10.

hehe, i never sign out so i would have never known....i actually used a hospital staff computer to get on ttb when i was in the hospital and i think i forgot to log out there too... :lol:

silent thunder, thanks :) I read your post before signing in - and cleaned out EVERYTHING. If it doesn't let me sign out when I leave later, I'll come back in and post that.

BKA : :P

flo - they've probably been in here forever watchin and laughin :lol:

edit: well, it worked. I almost hesitated to sign back in to say so. thanks st, most appreciated (-:

Edited by rene
  • Like 2

well - i just now tried to sign out again, and it wouldnt let me. i didnt clear cookies before coming in this time so that must be it. kinda sucks but oh well. i guess TB doesnt want you to leave. maybe its that Facebook infestation. :P thanks all. most appreciated.

Rene, you might try checking more of the check boxes within the "delete browsing history on exit" tab under IE tools/internet options, such has worked for me when a log off doesn't take.

It is browser related.

I switched to Firefox a few months ago, after IE kept crashing, and love it.

Regarding this though - within Firefox (and IE) I use Tabs - to keep multiple work-resource sites open throughout the day. Opening and closing one 'Tab' - doesn't clear the cookies for the whole browser, and what I was doing was opening/closing a Tab to come in here.

So, I can either be fine with the way it works (thanks viator!) or I can open a separate browser-window to come into TTB and then close it totally when I leave, after signing out. Either way, easy-peasy; I was just curious as to what was going on.

Thanks guys ^_^

of course, viator (nor I) will admit to knowing those lyrics by heart...

:insert ancient smiley here:

(-:

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this