Eric Yudelove

Hello Friends

Rumors of my poor ending have been somewhat exaggerated. I've just been working on my education. These things take time.

I wrote a couple of books on Taoist practices and one on Taoism and Magick.

The road to immortality can take many unexpected twists and turns. The teachings I followed told me that in order to reach my higher goals I would have to give up everything. How could I comprehend beforehand what this could possibly mean? I found out. It was beyond my wildest dreams or nightmares. But I don't want to discuss it. Leave it to say that I'm still here; healthy, wealthy and reasonably well adjusted for a TaoBum.

Hello Friends,

Eric Yudelove B)

Welcome Eric. The past is gone, today is a new day. Ime sure you have alot of positive things to share with us .

God bless,

Cameron

Welcome Eric. You are a real Taoist cowboy, it's cool to see you here. I've read all of your books. I was really interested in Tao and the Tree of Life particularly, as I have a background in magick as well. Recently I stumbled across an old Chinese diagram that looks remarkably like the Kabbalah I'd like ask you about some time.

Hello Eric!

Welcome! I'm glad you are here. I also read all your books, and I particularly love your Taoist Energy & Sexual Energy book, and I work from it and recommend it to people a lot. In fact I wrote to you to thank you for it and complimented you on the heart energy I felt ran through it, and you were kind enough to respond to me - so we are already a bit acquainted. But I guess that was a few years ago now.

I hope you like it here. Good to see you.

xx

I really admire your book, '100 days'. Glad to have you here.

You know what they say,

Old Taoists never die,

they just transform and reform :)

Michael

Rumors of my poor ending have been somewhat exaggerated. I've just been working on my education. These things take time.

The road to immortality can take many unexpected twists and turns. The teachings I followed told me that in order to reach my higher goals I would have to give up everything. How could I comprehend beforehand what this could possibly mean? I found out. It was beyond my wildest dreams or nightmares. But I don't want to discuss it. Leave it to say that I'm still here; healthy, wealthy and reasonably well adjusted for a TaoBum.

Hello Friends,

Eric Yudelove B)

Very interesting and welcome!

Soooo, was whatever you had to give up essentially your personal power in this world?

I don't expect you to answer that, but you just got the shrink in me irresistably curious...

Anyhow, glad to hear you're doing ok now, cheers! :)

Edited by vortex

Eric, I hope you will write a book about the twists and turns and what you have been through.

It would be very educative for us all and fascinating as well, I'm sure.

Very interesting and welcome!

Soooo, was whatever you had to give up essentially your personal power in this world?

I don't expect you to answer that, but you just got the shrink in me irresistably curious...

Anyhow, glad to hear you're doing ok now, cheers! :)

I don't know what "personal power in this world" means. Let's just say I was confronted with situations I didn't think I could overcome and I did. Here's something for your shrink; my ego was crushed, demolished and disintegrated.

So was it worth it? Well it was all in keeping with the path I chose to follow. I just had no idea how difficult it would become. But as they say, no pain no gain. Do I care what others think? Not really. I never sought addulation.I simply wanted to explore the mystery of this world and universe.

It is very mysterious. :unsure:

Eric Yudelove

How do we know you're really Eric Yudelove? I think you should take a picture of yourself with a sign saying taobums.com ;)

Here's something for your shrink; my ego was crushed, demolished and disintegrated.
Ah, well however it happened, that's the same end result I was guessing. Not a fun process, but we all learn best the hard way...

Want to be taught empathy? Be made weak.

Want to be taught compassion? Be made persecuted.

Want to be taught less egoness? Have your life fall apart.

I learned these lessons early in life myself, lol. :D

I'm currently working my way (very slowly) through your Taoist Yoga book. I'm most grateful for introducing me to standing forms of meditation. Sincere thanks.

Eric

Welcome!

Eric Yudelove - I don't know what "personal power in this world" means. Let's just say I was confronted with situations I didn't think I could overcome and I did. Here's something for your shrink; my ego was crushed, demolished and disintegrated.

So was it worth it? Well it was all in keeping with the path I chose to follow. I just had no idea how difficult it would become. But as they say, no pain no gain. Do I care what others think? Not really. I never sought addulation.I simply wanted to explore the mystery of this world and universe.

It is very mysterious.

Oddly enough ... these words you've expressed reminded me almost impeccably of the infamous SheepishLord of Chaos (Plato). Have these events you speak of perhaps brought you closer to the same mindframe? That'd be most intruiging, indeedy.

vortex -

Want to be taught empathy? Be made weak.

Want to be taught compassion? Be made persecuted.

Want to be taught less egoness? Have your life fall apart.

Hmmmm ... things that make a continual appearance and never ceases to amaze me how much it changes one.

A life of service ... this offers a most fantastic peek through the veil.

Hello Friends,

Eric Yudelove B)

Eric!!

Welcome back!

Pietro

Eric,

I've enjoyed your books too, great to have you here!

Yoda

How do we know you're really Eric Yudelove? I think you should take a picture of yourself with a sign saying taobums.com ;)

How about a DNA sample? I'd be glad to send you some.

Eric ;)

How about a DNA sample? I'd be glad to send you some.

Eric ;)

LOL! I would love it. I'd auction it off on e-bay and make millions.

:rolleyes:

Welcome!

Oddly enough ... these words you've expressed reminded me almost impeccably of the infamous SheepishLord of Chaos (Plato). Have these events you speak of perhaps brought you closer to the same mindframe? That'd be most intruiging, indeedy.

Hmmmm ... things that make a continual appearance and never ceases to amaze me how much it changes one.

A life of service ... this offers a most fantastic peek through the veil.

I have no idea what Plato's mind frame is these days. But hello Plato.

I hope it's infamously impeccable, you old daredevil. But you never know with these matters. I only met Plato twice.

The SheepishLord of Chaos. Sounds like a video game. But what do I know?

Would someone leave me a message telling me what this website is about and how to make the best use of it?. It seems like an interesting place.

Love,

Eric

:rolleyes:

I have no idea what Plato's mind frame is these days. But hello Plato.

I hope it's infamously impeccable, you old daredevil. But you never know with these matters. I only met Plato twice.

The SheepishLord of Chaos. Sounds like a video game. But what do I know?

Would someone leave me a message telling me what this website is about and how to make the best use of it?. It seems like an interesting place.

Love,

Eric

I will.

Thanks for the fact that Europe is few hours ahead.

It was in 2004, if I remember well, that the HT discussion group collapsed.

Some said that it was the good old James who pulled the plug, some (and among them James himself saying that it was the work of a hacker)

The few afecionados, who were at the time already in touch also via email started to organise themselves. First through some of the external websites that we had by the time collected. There was the idea that we wanted a new discussion group. The "Healing Tao" part of the "Healing Tao discussion group" started to feel quite too close and there was the desire for a website for people who would not fully subscribe to any school, but where with no home. Bums of the Tao. The name was suggested by Ron Jeremy. (Originally was TaoBums.com).

The website was built, and designed by Sean. The rapidity with which he moved was later very criticized by many of us. Because that rapidity implied an ownership of the resulting website. So much that we tried to build a parallel website: taobum.com.

It didn't went well, and it fell of in an orgy of divisions

(buddhists against taoists, free speach against legalist, violents against pacifists, and that was enough divisions for 6 people).

In the meantime Michael had started again his website and clarified that he intended to keep a much closer eye on it. So the Healing Tao Discussion Board started becoming more and more school discussion board. Maybe in a closer way to what was designed to be, originally in 97-98.

To clarify more the difference from taobum.com Sean changed the name to thetaobums.com. He threw out Ron Jeremy after his latest assault, threw his latest thread in the Pit, and moved on.

Slowly me, Plato, Max came back here. Trip never came back at all. Harry (which you might remember with the name Smile) went back in the forest (having become a Theravadan monk in the meantime), and Ron went back hunting the HT were they couldn't really throw him out due to technical reasons.

This website has many different parts: Discussions, Blogs, Articles, Chats, Reviews, PM (Personal Message) and probably more.

The website includes two parts for blogs, and descriptions of personal practices. One under Blogs, and another under Personal Practice Discussion. A sub part of the discussion board, where every user has a thread for itself. I personally love the blogs, but alas no one seems to, so the blogs is quite unused. While the Personal Practice Discussion is followed daily.

There are plenty of other parts, an article session, the possibility for people to chat, a Review to tell your story about different teachers or material, and so on.

The spirit of this discussion board is better clarified in the words from Sean himself:

Normal people in THIS CENTURY are going to discuss it and take it apart and analyze it and review it. Get over it. I don't give a shit what people in China or India or anywhere two hundred years ago or today think of the Euro-American emphasis on free, open and skeptical exchange of information. This the basis of science which is how we clawed our way out of the brutality of the dark ages when occult wackos like us had all the political power. Peer review, people!

It was in response to a user who was protesting because some material of his school became public knowledge on this board. And was asking the person who made it public to take it off (ok), and Sean, being the owner of the website to take it off himself (not ok).

It is a website where we come and discuss our experiences with Taoist practices, Taoist teachers and Taoist Masters (true or false). There is no single person who is welcome as the final knowledge on everything. Although on specific things some people end up getting a bit of the aura of the expert. We all refer to Max and Plato if we are speaking about Bodri, Sean D is normally referred to when speaking about David and his Thunder school, on Primal Diet it is often me who answers questions, Plato on PUA, Yoda on Dagobert, Wayfarer on Shaolin, and Cameron (you might remember him with the name Shieky) on Plato who has by now become study material himself. BTW, the name Sheepish Lord of Chaos was given him by a website which would give silly names when questioned with your real one. We all got ours, but Plato who at the time was doing the Kan & Li decided to keep it to represent the changes he was going through.

How did we manage so far not to get a single big master I ignore it. A singular balance of powers seem to be in place and the fact of having what seems a post modern practitioner as the first moderator seems to be related to this quite positive final outcome.

Hello Friends,

Eric Yudelove B)

Wow, is that really you? I read your book Taoist Yoga and Sexual Energy and it is packed with a lot of info! I've been reading Master Mantak Chia's books to supplement my knowledge and I came across your book at the bookstore so I picked it up. That one book of yours covers around approximately 3 or four of Master Chia's books, I think. Lol. More power to you.

Hi, Eric

I have a copy of "Tao and the Tree of Life" and am working through the exercises at the back, so it is nice to have the opportunity to correspond. Dare I say it sounds as if you may be "the same yet different", to quote the book? One thing I'd like to ask is, are you aware of Austin Osman Spare? He was an erstwhile pupil of Crowley's who was very much influenced by Taoism as well as the Kabbalah, and his philosophy does seem to be a syncretism of the two. As I practice Chi Gung and Inner Alchemy, I keep coming across concepts that seem to echo themes in Spare's complex writings. For example, the "inner smile" seems related to the "sensation of smiling" aimed at in the Death Posture, especially as his drawings to accompany it include a face that has slipped down to chest level, corresponding to the Thymus Gland. His breathing "until the sensation comes and goes in gusts" sounds like Bellows Breathing. After the meditations and exercises in my Tai Chi class, we focus on the "chi" sensations in our hands- could this be what Spare meant by "projecting the consciousness into the hand"? Would there have been writings on taoist yoga available to Spare at the time (the Book of Pleasure was published in 1913) or could he have learnt techniques from a Chinese immigrant in the Chinese community then centred in Limehouse? Would welcome your thoughts.