Sign in to follow this  
3bob

there is no illusion except...

My take: there is no illusion except that possible in or with limited or mistaken perception,

So those heavy on the subject please consider lightening the hell up on it,

for there is no real illusion.

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 2

I am an ego..

I am a tall tree

oHHHH

OOh

here comes the marching band down in the valleeyyy

Oh

I believe I can fly..

lol

I'd further add that there is not a disconnect from or between "ultimate" and "relative" reality, for any such disconnect can only be apparent or appear so via limits to perception, and not really be real.

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

Hi Rene,

Yes, I said, "non-duality is big enough for duality". (or something very close to that)

My take: there is no illusion except that possible in or with limited or mistaken perception,

Yes, and perception is everything!

I love the Toltec approach to illusion.

So those heavy on the subject please consider lightening the hell up on it,

for there is no real illusion.

:D

Well played sir.

Interesting thread 3bob.

Yes, there are illusions. Of the mind and even of our senses. All dreams are illusions except for the one who is having them at the time they are having them but even they, when they wake up, realize they were illusions. Are you a butterfly? How could you then type on a computer keyboard?

According to the actual definition of illusion, you are correct.

il·lu·sion (i-lū'zhŭn)

A false perception; the mistaking of something for what it is not. Unlike a hallucination, it requires an external trigger.
[L. illusio, fr. il- ludo, pp. -lusus, to play at, mock]
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012

MH, I see your description as being problematic in that one might then ask where does illusion begin and where does it end, along with such answers not being the same for all? For instance if one knows themselves as or has done shaman type journeys then I believe what is real and what is a dream is open or should be open to different understandings or interpretations as to what level of reality is effecting another level. (another example: nothing happens in the physical world without happening first in an energy world that drives it)

k tks, if i start a new thread, will you come over and elaborate on that?

Oh, now I understand why the first question. Hehehe. Could be a good discussion.

MH, I see your description as being problematic in that one might then ask where does illusion begin and where does it end, along with such answers not being the same for all? For instance if one knows themselves as or has done shaman type journeys then I believe what is real and what is a dream is open or should be open to different understandings or interpretations as to what level of reality is effecting another level. (another example: nothing happens in the physical world without happening first in an energy world that drives it)

Damn 3bob! If I could answer that question definatively I would actually consider myself brilliant.

But no, I can't answer it. That is because it will be different for each individual.

Oftentime people wake up and still believe they are living their dream - not knowing if they are Sam or a butterfly.

Yes, cause and effect. At basic level the movement of energy.

But I know the ice cream in that other thread is now gone but the tree is still here.

• Like 2

3bob, you said there is no disconnect between "ultimate" and "relative" reality. That seems to me to be the point and the whole meaning of the idea of "illusions."

A friend of mine once said, "The relative is but the dancing appearance of the absolute."

The absolute, in my mind, is God, Tao, Buddha Nature, love, perfection. And the world of phenomenon, of time and space, is just the FORM that that absolute takes.

Enjoyed reading this thread.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this