Sign in to follow this  
Smile

More power demos

They are some skilled kinesthetic hypnotists - many of us have seen

- Derren is a skilled hypnotist, with absolutely no cultivation or energy work experience - in fact he doesn't believe in it...

This kind of thing is known as kinesthetic pacing and leading... there is a famous stage hypnosis trick where the hypnotist touches a person on the shoulder (with a word or two whispered in the ear) and they cant move their feet off the ground... and another similar one where the hypnotist picks a strong looking audience member and gets them to pick up something obviously light, then puts his hand on the shoulder and utters a whisper, and suddenly the guy cant lift a thing.

I'd like to see these guys doing this double blind style, or with somone who has no interest in cooperating (such as a real attacker)

I'd like to see these guys doing this double blind style, or with somone who has no interest in

cooperating (such as a real attacker)

I'd like to see them levitate someone off the ground, and hold them there in a levitated position.

Nevertheless, freeform, in the Derren brown clip you refer to, (if it's the same clip that I recently

posted,) he walks behind the student, and then delivers a strike, which the student cannot see,

but the student reacts to it, in perfect timing or synchronicity. How did that student know when

to buckle-over right at the same moment that Brown delivered his strike? Also, are you basically

saying that chi projection over a distance is a complete impossibility, and that none of the "real"

Shaolin and Tai Chi masters ever had that mysterious power or skill?

Edited by Yen Hui

Weird and very cool.

Hmm...Setting everything aside, and knowing that the only way to prove anything is by disproving all other possibilities, I first have to look at this a skeptic. Some of it does look choreographed, and the presentation, with the audience as such and colorful playful script, screams hoax and TV fun.

But at the same time...I know, from personal experience, that projecting energy is possible. My sister and I used to play like that all the time, a few time we even singed each other or a wall. No actual damage, at least from what I can perceive. Though my talent was more in the range of hand healing. I have heard others stories of damaging appliances, or accidentally making people ill.

I am defiantly of the opinion that if one spent years on hard study, and cultivation of energies/chi, one could produce such effects. Although hypnosis is a very good explanation...

What ever it may be, it is spiffy.

Hmm....

-Peace and Harmony

Sign in to follow this