Basher

Light Up The World - Alfredo Moser: Bottle light inventor

@owledge: cost

Thanks basher, i saw that article in a Flipbook group called "good news" which i highly recommend.

He might win a Nobel prize for the Moser light, which if i remember will be in 1,000,000 homes worldwide by the end of the year, even allowing people to grow hydroponic gardens

I don't get it. What's the advantage over roof windows?

Light at Night !!!

Light at Night !!!

Moonlight maybe. But you get that with a window, too.

Edited by Owledge

@owledge: cost

Thanks basher, i saw that article in a Flipbook group called "good news" which i highly recommend.

He might win a Nobel prize for the Moser light, which if i remember will be in 1,000,000 homes worldwide by the end of the year, even allowing people to grow hydroponic gardens

Its a clever idea if you live in a sunny country ... but a Nobel Prize for sticking a bottle of water in the ceiling ...?

Just my point of view ... whatever you were going to say ... we are probably not in agreement I suspect :)

Just my point of view ... whatever you were going to say ... we are probably not in agreement I suspect :)

Not so much a disagreement -- I tend to agree -- as a parallel thought, maybe not exactly applicable in this case 100% but, to an extent,

"A genius is someone who sees what everybody else has seen and thinks what nobody else has thought."

• Like 3

Its a clever idea if you live in a sunny country ... but a Nobel Prize for sticking a bottle of water in the ceiling ...?

millions of people don't have electricity and this invention has brought indoor lighting to them in an affordable way. So from a certain POV its just a bottle of water in the ceiling, but because of that same simplicity it has changed the lives of millions of people living in sheet metal shacks who can't afford power, or don't have it available. Its very dao if you ask me, and I personally think its worth Nobel consideration. Nobody does shit for those people, and now they have indoor light!

• Like 1

millions of people don't have electricity and this invention has brought indoor lighting to them in an affordable way. So from a certain POV its just a bottle of water in the ceiling, but because of that same simplicity it has changed the lives of millions of people living in sheet metal shacks who can't afford power, or don't have it available. Its very dao if you ask me, and I personally think its worth Nobel consideration. Nobody does shit for those people, and now they have indoor light!

You are right of course and I am very glad that so many people's lives have been made better. I still don't think it should get a Nobel prize because as I understand it the criteria for such prizes is a little different.

Technically the Physics Prize could be awarded to him as per Nobel's will but it will be awarded to something more "high tech" as has always been the case.