skydog

What is the best way to think about sex.

It would make sense that sexual energy = power / spiritual power?

+ creative power....

Maybe a system/progression such as...

mundane sex

celibacy

transcendent sex

transcendent celibacy

//

mundane: being basic animal drives/ lust (tension)

celibacy: is learning about the energy it's expression/ power, how it moves/ works what it really feels like // entire body - relaxed

transcendent sex: dual cultivation... further / deeper exploration of the energy in a controlled** manner... you move from maintaining a 40 watt bulb to a 100 watt bulb. (mutual arising / understanding)

transcendent celibacy: would basically be a constant orgasmic/ bliss open heart state??

^^ all speculation

Pretty good. Personally I'd want more divisions though. Just as there is mundane sex, there's also mundane celibacy, not ejaculating alone is not the end goal of chastity. There's the whole realm of being free of sexual thought without falling into the trap of vilifying them. More levels within celibacy, mundane and transcendant.

I'd want Sex to be broken into levels too. Mundane.. then.. I don't know. Maybe Kareeza. Neither sex and celibacy above each other but twin routes, ones that may merge into each other.

So.. how could we break Sex and Celibacy into levels of spirituality and skill?

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Just to answer the topic line. Dunno, as naturally as possible. Mostly I think it's a waste of time, can mess your energy or health if you go into it wrong or with the wrong person. But when it's good it's like touching heaven and none of us would be here without it...

My new thoughts about sex is

That it is a sharing of energy, you can choose a partner that empowers you or drains you, the people one spends time with definately do so. Trying to find a partner to fulfill a sexual lust in oneself will likely not work too well if it is only about the sexual lust, since we are also loving beings.

All extremes should be looked at, otherwise one knows little of balance.

(I may change my views depending on how I feel)

Edited by skydog
  • Like 1

I remember pre-existing as pure bodiless awareness with pure contentment, no need for sex.

I remember being a child, Awareness still yet to be covered by illusion, no need for sex.

I remember the physical shell transforming, and the rush of male hormones flowing through the body, becoming like an animal craving for sex, drunk on lust.

That's what I see these physical shells as, a remnant of evolution, part chimp, part whatever it is that caused the shift from chimps to what these bodies are now.

I see the animalsim/lust of the body as just that, the animal part of the shell, which only cares about eating and fu**!ng. It is not me, its just a suit that ages and falls away eventually. When lust arises, it makes logic/reason difficult and also covers the natural state.

With time, and getting older, things settle down, especially with specific diets, lack of alcohol, high level of awareness, it is eventually transcended......but continues as an arising passing away for as long as the shell remains alive

Know that sexual desire is a longing for one's "divine nature," for LOVE.

It just takes the APPARENT FORM of sexual desire.

It is God/love/Tao/Buddha Nature, that the individual truly wants and needs.

The Hindus say that all desire is a desire for sat-chit-ananda.....which is absolute existence-consciousness-bliss......which is one's divine nature.

The thing is that everyone ALREADY HAS this "divine nature," they just need to know it!

• Like 1

oh, i KNOW it. quite well... and if i stop an apply it, then nothing matters.

But then again, if i stop and apply it, nothing matters.

So..... its not getting me laid, and thinking about sex isnt helping... i stand by my statement fully.

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant

Well, let me add two points to the idea that we already have what we really want.

Take the idea that you are WORTHY.

I've noticed that people, including myself, look to sexual experience to feel worthy. There are some women I've known of who openly admit that they only feel worthy when a man is inside them.

But you see, if these women REALLY knew, if they really REALLY knew that they are ENTIRELY worthy, they wouldn't NEED sex to feel worthy.

Another idea is that we're innocent. ACIM says that addictions come from GUILT. So therefore is a person really and truly, fully BELIEVED in their innocence (that they are absolutely guilty of nothing), then they wouldn't be addicted.

I can think of other examples such as the fact that we're all equals, and that we already have the ONENESS we seek through sex.

It's one thing to merely "intellectually assent" to the divine truth about us, it's another thing to fully believe and accept it.

A quote from ACIM: "If you could have a moment of complete belief, you would move from belief to Certainty."

Btw, just for the record, and for humility's sake, I, myself, have NOT had my moment of "complete belief," or what Neale Donald Walsch calls one's moment of "perfect knowing."

Of course, everyone ALREADY knows with utter certainty deep within, we just have to remember that knowing.

• Like 1

lol you're transposing in a way i am not.

I am worthy... but not many OTHER people see it.

Least of all any potential partners.

i dot need sex. i want sex.

more to the point: I am invalidated because i am secure with myself without prerequisite.

"normal" people REQUIRE "accomplishments" in order to feel valuable or "worthy".

I am invalidated by these people because i have never feared my unworthiness; or moreover i dont fucking care how worthy YOU think i am or not, since I KNOW I AM!

BTW, Worthy of what? :lol:

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant

Creating things plus posts with strange energy requires deletion of those things.

Edited by skydog

It is God/love/Tao/Buddha Nature, that the individual truly wants and needs.

Are you talking about the Buddha Nature of the sutras i.e. Tathagatagarbha Sutras?

Are you talking about the Buddha Nature of the tantras i.e. Mahamudra?

The active solar male, injects his creative force into the passive lunar female who holds it.

The creation is then nourished and held by the female for a period of time until the creation appears to all when the baby is born.

What is the act of inception when we create with our minds, I don't know. Is this why we are told to think and imagine something and hold it. The thinking is the active solar, while holding it in awareness is the passive lunar part. The longer we hold the thought, the bigger the baby grows.