Sign in to follow this  
nine tailed fox

Do you cease to exist ?

i was reading some books, actually some restricted books of dzogchen (which i shouldnt without getting empowerment, as people say)

it raised some questions in my mind

may be these questions have already been asked here , i dont know

i am still asking

when you achieve full enlightenment, do you cease to exist ?

i know you guys would say that we never existed in the first place but still do you just dissolve into the Tao ?

do you go into a sort of coma from which you will never awaken ? you have just merged into the Tao and no trace of individuality

i remember a time when i fainted, i remember nothing about that incident

its like i wasnt there, even this knowing of not existing was not there

if this is the case than why would someone want to achieve this ?

i was reading some books, actually some restricted books of dzogchen (which i shouldnt without getting empowerment, as people say)

If you had the karma to find them and actually start reading them, then don't worry about it.

• Like 1

The problem is that until we reach a state of full enlightenment it is impossible for us to know what it is like.

Those of us who strive to reach this state do so on trust so to speak. We can be guided by those who have gone before us but we have yet to see that which they see. We live in hope that our striving will end in some worthwhile result.

"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." - T. S. Eliot

• Like 2

You don't cease to exist and dissolve into Tao. You know the true nature of things and the Tao they emanate from.

The property of existing comes from Tao - so you have to exist to be within Tao, and can't exist outside Tao. There's a kind of non-duality there so deep it's beyond duality and non-duality.

• Like 3

You don't cease to exist and dissolve into Tao. You know the true nature of things and the Tao they emanate from.

The property of existing comes from Tao - so you have to exist to be within Tao, and can't exist outside Tao. There's a kind of non-duality there so deep it's beyond duality and non-duality.

Yeah, I was being silly in my above post. Actually, we transmutate so we really never cease to exist but the persona will one day die. That is a given.

when you achieve full enlightenment, do you cease to exist ?

One place to start investigating this question, and the whole question of what enlightenment means, is to look very carefully and very deeply at what you mean by the word "you."

• Like 4

No, one wakes up to the eternal when death dies, an eternal "Self" that is not a temporary or changing construct. Thus the saying, "fear not" and thousands of others. (although any clever rat construct does die)

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

how do you know you are enlightened? when you are fucking one of the most gorgeous women on this planet and yet you are able to prevent the release of your seed because you are engaging in sex with full consciousness and full awareness..

how do you know you are enlightened? when you are fucking one of the most gorgeous women on this planet and yet you are able to prevent the release of your seed because you are engaging in sex with full consciousness and full awareness..

Are you sure ...?

I've noticed that 99% of all the gals here share decent posts, but I can't say the same for a lot of the dumb-ass, or messed up guys. (you know who are) as for many of the other guys - you are cool - no problemo.

Edited by 3bob

I didn't know that engaging in sex with full awareness and full consciousness which also gives you full control of your dick is considered to be a messed up post.

Or are most peeps in here too used to being cattle and food for higher dimensional entities?

"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." - T. S. Eliot

Thanks for posting the quote, I like it a lot :)

I didn't know that engaging in sex with full awareness and full consciousness which also gives you full control of your dick is considered to be a messed up post.

Or are most peeps in here too used to being cattle and food for higher dimensional entities?

You go on and be yourself. I don't talk about these matters but that's just a personal thing with me. I have no problem with others talking about it.

This is not meant to be insulting or disrespectful but I find that the responses we get to a question like the OP (and most others, in fact) tells us more about the individual responding than it does about the original question. Whether its 'messed up' or not is open for interpretation and judgement.

I love Chang's T.S. Elliott quote, never heard that one before.

fantasy sex and F#$%^*! can be found on other websites, or I can leave if the majority here likes or has no problem with that form of crudeness.

fantasy sex and F#$%^*! can be found on other websites, or I can leave if the majority here likes or has no problem with that form of crudeness.

I don't enjoy it and I certainly hope you don't leave - you are a valuable contributor here in my opinion.

Quite a few folks here express themselves in ways that I find objectionable and it has caused me to take some long leaves of absence. Folks like you keep me coming back, however, so I'm trying to find ways to deal with what rubs me the wrong way and continue to interact with the community in a positive way.

• Like 4

Just to let you know, I agree with you too. But there are some members who are at that stage of life where they feel they need to talk about stuff like that. The less attention it gets the fewer like posts will be made.

• Like 3

Everytime you go to sleep in deep dreamless sleep then you don't know that you exist - nor the universe exists.

So consciousness remains since we wake up and say - wow I had a good sleep. We still existed in our deep dreamless sleep even though our mind was not aware of it.

Consciousness is not the mind.

Consciousness creates spacetime and energy-mass.

So consciousness is always aware of itself but energy-mass and space-time are always transforming into different levels of awareness.

So the Emptiness is not the mind's awareness but it is the direct experience of impersonal consciousness - infinite mind.

The Emptiness is the space between our thoughts - or the deep dreamless sleep.

Our awareness of the Emptiness is the light consciousness - like a dream state.

We have different levels of our mind's awareness - just as we do so much instinctively or subconsciously without being aware of it.

If we can have consciousness during our dreams then we can have even more awareness of the Emptiness - just like the very first breath on waking up - it is that first thought before actually waking up - we have conscious awareness of our dream state just at that moment.

So then as there is deepening of conscious awareness of the Emptiness then we realize the Emptiness is less and less Empty and instead more and more filled with light energy that is aware of itself.

To do this we have to shut off the waking left-brain language awareness with writing - and silence that mind - and then go deeper into silence that creates the dream visualization state of awareness through mind concentration at a high frequency of energy.

So the Emptiness is the zero point energy in quantum physics - only we can go there directly with our minds and then it's the fundamental level of the universe that is non-local and holographic - everything is interwoven.

Spring Forest Qigong Master Jim Nance calls it the fabric of life - saying that what we think of as three dimensional reality is actually one dimensional and the appearance of the three dimensions of space exist within that one dimension - this is how a holograph works.

And so all the information is contained within the Emptiness like a black hole of a higher dimension that is smaller since it's higher frequency of energy.

That is why the Emptiness is called a golden light of awareness that transforms all of energy-mass and space-time.

We get to it deep through the heart.

Sign in to follow this