ChiDragon

Does breathing play a significant role in your practice....?

When I say breathing I meant "abdominal breathing", do you think it would help you to accomplish whatever your intended end result was......???

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

I am in the practice of constant attention to my breathing, learning its natural flows, controlled uses, and best combinations thereof...

Sometimes walking is better from the abdomen, sometimes you just walk...
I try to be observant of the comparisons and analytical of the subtle differences...

but nothing is genuinely "known" in words, just understood in feeling.

like yawning...

malikshreds......

Please answer the question in your own words if you can. Citing somebody else words may not be all of your saying. Thanks.

Breathing is the best, I cant stop doing it, I think I'm addicted.

First i breath in and it feels so good I don't want to stop.

Then I breathe out and its even better, and it goes on like that.

• Like 5

If breathing doesnt play a significant role....then you've got to go back to 101 class :D

• Like 3

It's something I work on, then forget. Work on then forget. Sometimes even on purpose.

For example long breath cycles, I'll practice extending them for a month, then let it go.

Since I practice Bagua and Neigong, yes most definitely :). A few different sorts of breathing as well.

How did it help you in Neigong; like what kind of improvement to your physical being....???

It's something I work on, then forget. Work on then forget. Sometimes even on purpose.

For example long breath cycles, I'll practice extending them for a month, then let it go.

Why did you let it go, instead of continuing for life.....???

No, it regulates itself as i "regulate" the mind. A small nudge or intention here and there is all that is needed to change it how i like.

The most significant gains I made were when I kept at it, kept at it, kept at it, singular focus, execute perfect breath over and over again, or at least work towards such, analyze and refine with every single breath - keep at it until the yang of the session begins to wane, then let it all go and settle into emptiness. That got me to a minute and fifteen a few times (as in many months long chunks of practice time) before progress was mangled by other factors.

after the initial learning phase, it is not necessary to "focus" on breathing. It becomes natural...breathing in from the abdomen...breathing out...reverse breathing, regular breathing, etc.

The energy is what matters...breathing is secondary. If considering taiji chuan, we should be able to peng, lu, ji, an etc without thinking about breathing in or out. We should be able to do these during in-breath, out-breath or no-breath :)

• Like 1

The most significant gains I made were when I kept at it, kept at it, kept at it, singular focus, execute perfect breath over and over again, or at least work towards such, analyze and refine with every single breath - keep at it until the yang of the session begins to wane, then let it all go and settle into emptiness. That got me to a minute and fifteen a few times (as in many months long chunks of practice time) before progress was mangled by other factors.

Sounds a little bit neurotic for my taste :D but as you swear by it, must be effective for some.

Edited by Ish

If breathing doesnt play a significant role....then you've got to go back to 101 class :D

sorry for me breathing doesnt play any significant role at all because I am using the nature energy to practice my meditation.

sorry for me breathing doesnt play any significant role at all because I am using the nature energy to practice my meditation.

May I ask what are you try to accomplish in your mediation....???

How did you use the nature energy....???

How can you tell that this energy was helping you to accomplish whatever you are trying to do.....???

Before focusing in the breathing you need to focus in the posture.

Is a simple progression:

1. Posture
  2. Breath
  3. Energy

When I say breathing I meant "abdominal breathing", do you think it would help you to accomplish whatever your intended end result was......???

What do you mean by asking if abdominal breathing helps to accomplish an intended result?

What do you mean by asking if abdominal breathing helps to accomplish an intended result?

What I am try to ask is whatever one practices, one can do it with or without abdominal breathing to see does it make any difference in the end result.

What I am try to ask is whatever one practices, one can do it with or without abdominal breathing to see does it make any difference in the end result.

How could one possibly practice without abdominal breathing?

• Like 2