circlewalker

Book Review: Chi Gung: Chinese Healing, Energy and Natural Magick

Thanks very much for posting this review, circlewalker. I enjoyed browsing this book at Borders a year or so ago but decided not to buy it because, at the time, I wanted a more structured approach to qigong. Thankfully, that phase of my relationship with qigong has passed, and your review reminded me just how wonderful this book is. It's full of ideas for extending and deepening one's play with qi. Thanks!

Thanks very much for posting this review, circlewalker. I enjoyed browsing this book at Borders a year or so ago but decided not to buy it because, at the time, I wanted a more structured approach to qigong. Thankfully, that phase of my relationship with qigong has passed, and your review reminded me just how wonderful this book is. It's full of ideas for extending and deepening one's play with qi. Thanks!

I'm glad you enjoyed the review and that it brought back pleasant memories of Lily's book. It's definitely my favorite book on Chi Gung. I hope you are having fun with whatever Chi Gung practice you've been following.

You're very welcome, circlewalker. My wife gave me a copy of Carnie's book for my birthday, and I'm looking forward to reading and working with it.

Take care.

This is an interesting book that opens one up to the possibility of magick in one's life through the use of L.V. Carnie's book of Chi Kung. She does choose not to reveal that she is a transsexual, partnered with the woman she was once married to as a man. Somehow, upon learning this, this book lost a lot of power for me: no judgement about it, perhaps because she does not mention this in the book and I was stunned when learning about it in an internet search. No judgement, I think if she had been upfront about who she is in the book, It wouldn't have mattered, but she is very coy and non-revealing in the book, so it made me wonder if projection and fantasy were a big part of her chi kung presentation.

This was just my reaction, I lost interest in what she had to say because I became unsure what was her experience, and what may have been embellished storytelling.

Others may still find it valuable, she appears to have a soul that appreciates life and beauty and the magic that can be found in everyday experience.