Kundanoobalini

Looking for some legit advice on Kundalini and cultivation

Then it seems I may have Kundalini, it made me say words I don't understand and make weird sounds. Also mudras have come naturally, especially one where my hands press towards each other at the fingertips.

By "intelligent guide" do you mean intelligent like how nature work or actual sentience? I feel that this energy know my body much better than I do, but still there is something mechanical and impersonal about the process as well.

Maybe we're not supposed to know?

Remember that although it is intelligent and active, it is still simply driving your subconscious desires to the surface...so they are of necessity things of an unawake nature, given that they are of things that are 'asleep' in you. This is why they seem mechanical - it is because they are of your own subconscious. I will have more to say on this later, but I must leave the house right now.

• Like 1

Below are some threads I posted on Kundalini - should be some interesting stuff in there...

My take is that one should allow the kriyas, but not necessarily act on them - meaning, don't trust them, but surrender to them! Sounds a little contradictory I know, but basically, since most of the stuff is subconscious energy being pushed to the surface, are you going to listen to your sleepy dreamy self? I wouldn't! You might get in trouble....On occasions though, the Kundalini will do something that is NOT you - to remind you that it is real and not just you. Kundalini will tear your ego to shreds - following it like a blind man can get you in trouble as I said. The Tantrikas view Kundalini as Maya, leading people forward with her hand covering your eyes. The Tantrikas allow Kundalini to lead them, but they try to remove her hand from their eyes. Do not be a blind follower - but be a follower still! The reason why a lot of the stuff coming up seems so mechanical is because it is a technique she uses to constantly reveal your self to you...she will say the same things over and over, because the things she says are you. She will keep up the redundancy until you finally realize that the things coming up are you - which is why some of it repeats. It is simply that you haven't yet brought those parts into the true awareness of your fully open wisdom eye. Until you do, you will be faced with them over and over. Hell is repetition. It is very common to hear words that you did not know also - there is a reason behind this, but i do not want to give too much away. I wouldn't want to handicap her work.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/30131-shakti-is-definitely-me-but-definitely-not-me/

http://thetaobums.com/topic/29788-on-kundalini-and-thought-constructs/

http://thetaobums.com/topic/30150-what-to-do-when-the-dark-night-of-the-soul-hits/

http://thetaobums.com/topic/30824-kundalini/

Enligtenment can happen to both non kundalite and the kundalite. It is not necessary.

An interesting perspective and one that I have never heard before. I know many practitioners (Including myself) often use whether "K" has or hasn't happened as a bar for measuring our level of cultivation. Thanks for sharing.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

An interesting perspective and one that I have never heard before. I know many practitioners (Including myself) often use whether "K" has or hasn't happened as a bar for measuring our level of cultivation. Thanks for sharing.

My 2 cents, Peace

The problem here is, define "enlightenment".

What is the enlightenment standard?

From what culture, nation, race, species, are we using this standard for definition?

• Like 1

The problem here is, define "enlightenment".

What is the enlightenment standard?

From what culture, nation, race, species, are we using this standard for definition?

Lol, my understanding is its beyond all of those things....i have no clue, besides some say enlightenment is just the beginning. I leave that to smarter people than me to try and make a definition. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 1

Also, if you ever hear voices repeating in your head - usually they are describing your own subtle projections coming from the subconscious mind....Realize this and watch that mind creating those things.

Hello dear Bums

I have had an unintended active Kundalini since January 2010 and gone through about 1500 hours for letting all kinds of kriyas occur naturally. The process has been very fascinating and challenging, but I don't seem to have changed much on a deeper level. I'm still the same person I was before the awakening. I have gone through some heavy mood swings but I don't feel any more overall calmness, happyness or deeper connection to anything.

Isn't all the kriyas supposed to clear mental and emotional blockages? Does it take way more time?

I have read that a Kundalini awakening can be a waste of time without proper cultivation, but on the other hand many also say it's dangerous to proceed with further sprititual practices? I tried some deep meditation and that seem to stir up some bad emotions, should I proceed or is there better and safer ways and methods for cultivation? I work a full time job so I don't have much time study and test everything. I would love to be able to live a relatively normal life while gaining some of the benefits of Kundalini, if that is even possible. I feel that my nervous system is a little messed up and that I have some old resentment that should be dealt with. Any good practices to handle that?

Is KAP legit btw?

I'm a little on the egde right now so excuse all the noob questions that have been floating in my head for the last days. Any tips and suggestions is very appreciated.

well first you need to understand what is kundalini?its the external force or the energy that flow in to your body.This energy will guide you in your body such as moving your hands,head and your body as well.You need to have some experienced teacher to tell you what is this and that so that you can progress further.Its good that you practiced this but you just missed the understanding of it.You see every meditation also you must understand what its and how it affect you and what is the benefit of it and how can you achieved it.There is actually every answer to all your meditation practice and everthing that you gone through.To me you have a good start because you are connected unintentionally to the external energy so you are destined to achieve it.Once you understand what you are practicing then you will find it easy and relax and thus you will have more confidence on your meditation.My advice is keep on asking question if you have doubts so that you can understand better.I will be glad to help you as long as I am here.

.You need to have some experienced teacher to tell you what is this and that so that you can progress further

No you do not.

This thread is about that

By the time a person with active kundalini finds a legitimate teacher, they will be financially broken.

Kundalini scammers and charlatans are running amok everywhere.

Kundalini has become just another religion, and mass marketing predators are taking advantage of this.

Watch the documentary "Kumare"

• Like 1

No you do not.

This thread is about that

By the time a person with active kundalini finds a legitimate teacher, they will be financially broken.

Kundalini scammers and charlatans are running amok everywhere.

Kundalini has become just another religion, and mass marketing predators are taking advantage of this.

Watch the documentary "Kumare"

Also, one has to be aware of the psychic vampires, who will feed on the unsuspected, even on forums.

Edited by SonOfTheGods

One of the nice side benefits one has when the kundalini matures in a being is that one loses all or most agendas or desires or need to make other people wrong, interfere in their lives, or create conflict. Some might say one loses the desire or motivation to engage in any behavoir which creates Separation over Oneness and Unity.

The Prime Directive (wikipedia source) becomes very real. "In the universe of Star Trek, the Prime Directive, Starfleet's General Order number 1, is the most prominent guiding principle of the United Federation of Planets. The Prime Directive dictates that there can be no interference with the internal development of alien civilizations."

Kundalini has definetly made me into a "stranger in a strange land". I love my planet but my sense of being a part of All That Is has become unshakeable. It creates a center of deep, internal peace.

The Inner silence that comes in maturity is refreshing too. It causes an increased appreciation and tolerance for self and others no matter where we are in their stage of development.

May the joy of Shakti grow.

• Like 7

One of the nice side benefits one has when the kundalini matures in a being is that one loses all or most agendas or desires or need to make other people wrong, interfere in their lives, or create conflict. Some might say one loses the desire or motivation to engage in any behavoir which creates Separation over Oneness and Unity.

The Prime Directive (wikipedia source) becomes very real. "In the universe of Star Trek, the Prime Directive, Starfleet's General Order number 1, is the most prominent guiding principle of the United Federation of Planets. The Prime Directive dictates that there can be no interference with the internal development of alien civilizations."

Kundalini has definetly made me into a "stranger in a strange land". I love my planet but my sense of being a part of All That Is has become unshakeable. It creates a center of deep, internal peace.

The Inner silence that comes in maturity is refreshing too. It causes an increased appreciation and tolerance for self and others no matter where we are in their stage of development.

May the joy of Shakti grow.

Thought of this today. The Prime Directive is something i am gonna have to integrate into my practice. :)

Life is much more joyful when your not trying to change others.

• Like 1

This thread is relevant to my interests, as i have just started to pursue a kundalini awakening more seriously myself. mostly following path notes, and supplementing with jin shin.  

• Like 1

I noticed Shaktimama on this thread and I wanted to find an old powerful writing she did here on the subject.  Here it is:

How To Awaken Your Kundalini 101  From Shaktimama

This is very simple. Do not confuse simple with easy.

There are three simple practices that when done in combination together will awaken kundalini in about 90 days.   Follow the directions. Don't deviate or I can't guarantee anything. But this is free teaching so I can't give you a money back guarantee. :P

You must practice 20 minutes a day, twice a day. Undertake at your own risk without a guide. The safest way to do this is in a group with a guide.

1) Buddha's breath also called Baby's breath or also known as abdominal/belly breathing.
2) Secret Smile: google for instructions in Path Notes of an American Ninja Master
3) Microcosmic Orbit

The goal is to do all three at once. Do NOT leave the Secret Smile out. It is necessary for mental, physical and spiritual health during this practice. I am not revealing anything that has not been revealed in Path Notes already. B)

Basic Safeties

Tongue up touching behind the back of the upper teeth where the teeth meet the gums when you practice. You must do this to avoid getting chi head or headaches and/or mental imbalances.

Keep hydrated with water. Kundalini energy is HOT and will fry your kidneys and adrenals. Take lots of vitamin C for the adrenals which are quickly depleted of their Vitamin C stores with this practice. An acupuncturist can be your best friend.

Practice with a group if you can so they can help you stay grounded in reality when the process kicks into high gear.

If you have difficulties or need a group or sangha to be a touchstone I have a support group that is free on the net you can join. Here we have people of all levels abilities and of different spiritual paths who practice around the world who will be helpful for you. (note* link in original post no longer works)

If your mental/emotional, physical and spiritual bodies are relatively clean you will have an easier time than if you start with an alcohol, drugs, smoking types, anger habits.

Kundalini amplifies the character. If you were an asshole before kundalini, afterwards you will be wide and gaping said Dr. Morris.  But if you were loving and gentle before you will be even more.

Kundalini Shakti can be a fierce and brutal Mistress if you resist her directions. If you can't surrender and relax into the process you can suffer greatly so don't take this process lightly. So don't do it if you don't want your life changed forever. Don't do it if you can't come with an empty cup to be taught by Shakti or you will be miserable.

Why do I say this? Because there will be a time in your practice that effort becomes effortless and Kundalini will take the reins and do the whole process for you. It will cause you to mediate, it will cause spontaneous chi gung forms and asanas, pranayamas. If you can't trust in the wisdom of Kundalini Shakti...it will take much, much longer.

If you can relax into the process and persevere.. Nirvikalpa Samadhi may be your reward one day.

If you carry through and succeed in having kundalini activate then know the journey has just started.

You will either despise my name for revealing this to you or be forever grateful.

KAP 1 is more than just these three practices. It has been refined to deliver a much more smoother, quicker, and controlled awakening but you can do it with just those three practices above but it can be a brutal process.

Drugs, sex, childbirth, prolonged trauma or shock whether physical, emotional,mental, or spiritual will awaken kundalini.

Did I say this can be a brutal practice and you could really hurt yourself?

Merry Christmas and Good luck,
Susan

<me again.  I suspect this is somewhat overpromising, ie following the instruction could create Kundalini, but for most of us wouldn't.  Maybe its because of lack of due diligence or foundation.  Perhaps a mental or physical block, or just Karma.  More then most Dr. Morris experimented with himself and students to find the equivalent of Bruce Lee's dictum (focus on the essential, drop the superfluous) to Kundalini.  That is this approach to a T.  Without an experienced teacher giving feedback and encouragement it's a twistier road.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 3

I agree that there are no guarantees when it comes to anything there could be blocks or reasons unknown for delays.

That being said I can say that the secret smile and microcosmic orbit are very powerful techniques they may seem basic at a first glance but yield great results.

There are a few safety points Morris points to though. They can be useful when the energy becomes too intense or trapped in the head.

1) The wellspring of life point on the bottom of the feet are used as a ground and can be used to shed excess energy.

2) the back of the knee can be used to store energy temporarily

3) the meng men ( not sire if that is spelled right ) the point on the back opposite the Dan tien is used to draw energy down, and is useful for preventing energy headaches or discomfort

4) the Dan tien two finger widths below the navel is used to store energy and after each meditation the energy should be brought back there, and rotated first clockwise then counter clockwise for men, and the reverse for women.