Kundanoobalini

Looking for some legit advice on Kundalini and cultivation

Hello dear Bums

I have had an unintended active Kundalini since January 2010 and gone through about 1500 hours for letting all kinds of kriyas occur naturally. The process has been very fascinating and challenging, but I don't seem to have changed much on a deeper level. I'm still the same person I was before the awakening. I have gone through some heavy mood swings but I don't feel any more overall calmness, happyness or deeper connection to anything.

Isn't all the kriyas supposed to clear mental and emotional blockages? Does it take way more time?

I have read that a Kundalini awakening can be a waste of time without proper cultivation, but on the other hand many also say it's dangerous to proceed with further sprititual practices? I tried some deep meditation and that seem to stir up some bad emotions, should I proceed or is there better and safer ways and methods for cultivation? I work a full time job so I don't have much time study and test everything. I would love to be able to live a relatively normal life while gaining some of the benefits of Kundalini, if that is even possible. I feel that my nervous system is a little messed up and that I have some old resentment that should be dealt with. Any good practices to handle that?

Is KAP legit btw?

I'm a little on the egde right now so excuse all the noob questions that have been floating in my head for the last days. Any tips and suggestions is very appreciated.

Hello dear Bums

I have had an unintended active Kundalini since January 2010 and gone through about 1500 hours for letting all kinds of kriyas occur naturally. The process has been very fascinating and challenging, but I don't seem to have changed much on a deeper level. I'm still the same person I was before the awakening. I have gone through some heavy mood swings but I don't feel any more overall calmness, happyness or deeper connection to anything.

Isn't all the kriyas supposed to clear mental and emotional blockages? Does it take way more time?

I have read that a Kundalini awakening can be a waste of time without proper cultivation, but on the other hand many also say it's dangerous to proceed with further sprititual practices? I tried some deep meditation and that seem to stir up some bad emotions, should I proceed or is there better and safer ways and methods for cultivation? I work a full time job so I don't have much time study and test everything. I would love to be able to live a relatively normal life while gaining some of the benefits of Kundalini, if that is even possible. I feel that my nervous system is a little messed up and that I have some old resentment that should be dealt with. Any good practices to handle that?

Is KAP legit btw?

I'm a little on the egde right now so excuse all the noob questions that have been floating in my head for the last days. Any tips and suggestions is very appreciated.

Practice:

MCO and reverse MCO.

Spinal Breathing.

Reverse breathing.

Inner smile.

Do Not Pay for Kundalini, ever.

If your Kundalini is not supposed to pop in this lifetime, no amount of money will do it for you.

Only people who were financially well off, would be the only enlightened ones.

Quite often, it is the opposite of that

Understand this concept:

Pranotthana or Kundalini?

http://thetaobums.com/topic/30811-pranotthana-or-kundalini/

Edited by SonOfTheGods

Love to have you in KAP classes with us. No one pays for kundalini but there is payment for the instructors time and over 20 years of knowledge and training that each of the instructors have. You can't buy kundalini otherwise you could get it at the grocery store down the street. We come from various backgrounds since kundalini is a universal phenomonen that occurs in all major spiritual traditions world wide. You will find an eclectic course that combines chi gong, Sufi, Yogic, Bonpo, shaman, Native American, Indonesian, etc approaches. No one tradition has the corner on what's going down in Kundalini development. ;)

Kundalini arising depends totally on the student, listening to your instructors, and doing your homework that is assigned to you. If you want to do it on your own: Secret Smile and Microcosmic Orbit, 20 minutes two times a day. Keep your tongue up to the roof of your mouth behind the front teeth to connect the front and back main meridians. Most everyone forgets to tell people that in internal cultivation practices. ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN THE PRACTICE! It will hold back the chi sickness, headaches, mental illness, general weirdness, and such. And ALWAYS stay hydrated.

Eventually, once you get past all the chi/prana manifestations you will be on your way. Takes anywhere from 3-6 months of diligent practice without an instructor and you must possess a fearless heart. It can be really rough on your psyche and your body if you do it alone.

An instructor will help you get past the tough times of pathological chi/prana that can happen prior to k starting to awaken. They will help you with keeping it safe for you and your body.

That is all. Hey and love to all my TTB friends. Back to deep lurk.

:ph34r:

• Like 7

That is all. Hey and love to all my TTB friends. Back to deep lurk.

:ph34r:

Lol, nice to see you coming around this way.

My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 1

To address your questions: it is safe to proceed with practice. Practice is like adding fuel to a steam engine, so it goes faster. You want the process to go faster? Many people have irrational fear of change, so they freak out and blog at any sign of kriya or detox symptoms, or anything that doesnt help them with their modern life already chosen. People will make up all kinds of things to avoid serious practice. There are many practices out there. I am not fond of MCO. But others like it. A good pranayama-based yoga system that works on all parts of the body, joints, tendons will help release emotional issues faster than MCO, which Bodri and Nan often call "simply spinning energy with your mind."

I have found that the deep emotional issues often have to get resolved by yourself, not by kundalini, although what kundalini does is sometimes make it so unbearable that you have to resolve it, change your ways and thought patterns. It may be difficult to reach the higher spiritual levels working a full time job. Take a look at all the free "faster eft" videos on youtube if you want to become expert at locating and releasing your emotional problems. Kundalini takes her own sweet time. Remember that the worst problems or issues you have now will be the ones that help you the most when you finally resolve them.

KAP is legit, but as far as I know, their practices are geared towards awakening kundalini. But maybe you would like some guidance, and they offer that.

I think you would want to find some practices to stabilize your mind, because, working a full time job and leading a regular life, you likely have not allowed your mind to catch up with your body's and energy body's progress. For example, mindfulness and being in the moment of daily life. Also "dzogchen", which is a fancy way of saying " keeping your eye one the prize," enlightened state of the Buddhas, not the baloney of samsara. Progress, in many respects, is your own responsibility. Just because you have awakened kundalini, or do some practice ad inifitum, you still have to navigate your own consciousness, and find the peace, truth, stillness, bliss.

Edited by de_paradise
  • Like 1

Thank you all for your replies and helping a Noob out! This is gold for someone like me who wants to make an informed decision on what to do further..

The Pranotthana thing was news to me. Is there way to know the difference between Kundalini Awakening and Pranotthana?

Will the Pranotthana eventually stop or will it always progress to Kundalini Activation? :wacko:

Thank you all for your replies and helping a Noob out! This is gold for someone like me who wants to make an informed decision on what to do further..

The Pranotthana thing was news to me. Is there way to know the difference between Kundalini Awakening and Pranotthana?

Will the Pranotthana eventually stop or will it always progress to Kundalini Activation? :wacko:

Don't worry too much about it. People sometimes like to make up big word to show the desease they've got is more special than others' illness.

Be a good guy. Be someone you want to be. And be proud of being.

Pranotthana is what most people erroneously call kundalini.

Someone gets shaktipat, reiki, or smokes some DMT, etc.. then feel some energy move, and think they now have a legitimate kundalini experence, which they do not.

They surf the internet matching their symptoms and fall prey to the P.T.Barnum truth:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/30832-sufi-pt-barnum-said-it-best/

Despite what the internet says, LEGITIMATE Kundalini is quite rare.

The internet sites would have you believe that everyone and their neighbor is now poppping off with kundalini.

There would be a lot of enlightened people around you.

Take a look around you next time you are at Walmart or the Mall, then rethink this.

Read the news, humanity is at their worse behavior.

A REAL kundalini awakening will happen when it is the proper time for awakening. Forcing it, and getting ahead too fast, is what causes problems. Nature and evolution has it's own safety mechanism. if you bypass it and push, then problems come about.

Fear is a good salesman, and it worked well in all world rleigions.

Requiring a mediator so that you are safe, is not necessary.

I had a Kundalini awakening several decades ago, and it all worked out fine, without gurus, swamis, and I saved a lot of money too.

If you have problems, ask them here, for free.

There are many people here who will help you for free.

I, being one of them.

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 1

" show the desease they've got is more special than others' illness."

Not a disease, but yeh all this talk about parathonia or whatever is pretty unneccessary

Edited by skydog

So, what would we define as a legitimate kundalini awakening?

Hello dear Bums

Is KAP legit btw?

you just walking the steps man. remember all the experiences are just things your ego is attaching to. know the truth you haven't awakened, don't lie to yourself...keep practicing and you will get there.

There is even a step called "The false prophet"

know the truth you haven't awakened, don't lie to yourself...keep practicing and you will get there.

There is even a step called "The false prophet"

What you wrote here^, is exactly what I am talking about

So, what would we define as a legitimate kundalini awakening?

If someone has to question "was that a REALL kundalini experience?", makes it unlikely, it reallly was.

When the Internet first came out, and they had those old BBS boards, I had a magick forum.

Then E-Groups came out, since long defunct.

We started out as Magick, then leaned towards Taoism.

Then a subforum came out about Chi and Kundalini, PSI, etc

A Poll was offered and about 150 people answered..

Long story short, when we went into DEEP detail, about 2 or 3 people actually had Kundalini, out of 150+ people.

One of the questions was, if you stop meditating and thinking about the energy, over a long period, more than a month, does the symptoms go away?

Such as, if you go on vacation with family ansd friends, and no one talks about meditation, etc, and the interest is lost, and replaced with recreation that is mundane, what happens?.

This was only one of many questions.

If a person stops thinking about it, surrounds themself with non-likeminded people, and forgets about kundalini, most of the time, it will subside.

Compare this to stopping Qi Gong for a couple of months, and you will find diminished chi flow.

However, you will NOT STOP A TRUE KUNDALINI AWAKENING.

Some poeple, though, would rather fool themself.

"Know Thyself"

Edited by SonOfTheGods

What you wrote here^, is exactly what I am talking about

if someone has to question "was that a kundalini experience?", makes it unlikely, it reallly was.

When the Internet first came out, and they had those old BBS boards, I had a magick forum.

Then E-Groups came out, since long defunct.

We started out as Magick, then leaned towards Taoism.

Then a subforum came out about Chi and Kundalini, PSI, etc

A Poll was offered and about 150 people answered..

Long story short, when we went into DEEP detail, about 2 or 3 people actually had Kundalini, out of 150+ people.

One of the questions was, if you stop meditating and thinking about the energy, over a long period, more than a month, does the symptoms go away?

Such as, if you go on vacation with family ansd friends, and no one talks about meditation, etc, and the interest is lost, and replaced with recreation that is mundane, what happens?.

This was only one of many questions.

If a person stops thinking about it, surrounds themself with non-likeminded people, and forgets about kundalini, most of the time, it will subside.

Compare this to stopping Qi Gong for a couple of months, and you will find diminsihed chi flow.

However, you will NOT STOP A TRUE KUNDALINI AWAKENING.

Back then, there were no pocket sized cell phones, internet and owning a computer was not common like today, and internet cafes were very rare. Video games were still in the low margin. Children were outside playing physical football, and not playing it on video games.. It was very easy to get distracted by actual physical hobbies that had nothing to do with computer access. Not pulling up TaoBums on your cell while fishing, makes it easier to disassociate with.

Edited by SonOfTheGods

Kundalini awakening IS valuable...but most people are expecting immediate results. Understand that the amount of impurities in most people's energy bodies is vast. So it is going to take years and years of cleansing. The Kundalini process remains ever intense until the last bitter dregs. It will take you as far and as quickly as you can go, whether you like it or not. It almost never slows down as long as you can handle it. The process is intelligent, so it will not take you harder than you can handle. Remember the basics: exercise, nutrition, breath work, meditation, energy work, etc. The healthier you become, the less worry there will be, as you grow strong and confident and most importantly, non-attached to either suffering or pleasure. Watch all the effects and experiences pass like clouds. Soon you will begin to seek out the intensity of the clearing process. At the point you are 'on the move,' and the state of constantly being on the move will become your passion. You will not be satisfied with status quo, but instead will require that you are in a constant state of significant change. Nothing else will suffice. You are now firmly addicted to the enlightening process. Of course always be patient and happy to wait. It is a balance between over aggressiveness, i.e. overextending, and entropy. This is my experience at least.

Edited by Songtsan
  • Like 1

Pranotthana is what most people erroneously call kundalini.

Someone gets shaktipat, reiki, or smokes some DMT, etc.. then feel some energy move, and think they now have a legitimate kundalini experence, which they do not.

They surf the internet matching their symptoms and fall prey to the P.T.Barnum truth:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/30832-sufi-pt-barnum-said-it-best/

The internet sites would have you believe that everyone and their neighbor is now poppping off with kundalini.

There would be a lot of enlightened people around you.

Take a look around you next time you are at Walmart or the Mall, then rethink this.

Read the news, humanity is at their worse behavior.

A REAL kundalini awakening will happen when it is the proper time for awakening. Forcing it, and getting ahead too fast, is what causes problems. Nature and evolution has it's own safety mechanism. if you bypass it and push, then problems come about.

Fear is a good salesman, and it worked well in all world rleigions.

Requiring a mediator so that you are safe, is not necessary.

I had a Kundalini awakening several decades ago, and it all worked out fine, without gurus, swamis, and I saved a lot of money too.

If you have problems, ask them here, for free.

There are many people here who will help you for free.

I, being one of them.

Hey SonofGods, thank you for response

These are the symptoms that I have experienced tha last years:

-Spontaneous\atomatic body movements,

-Spontaneous\atomatic yoga movements

-Spontaneous\atomatic acupressure or tapping\hitting on sore points all over my body, i think it's trying to force energy along

merdian lines

-Spontaneous\automatic making weird noises

-Spontaneous\automatic cracking joints

-Spontaneous\automatic mudras

-Spontaneous\automatic mudras rubbing nails together

-Spontaneous\automatic breathing patterns or pranayama

-Spontaneous\automatic rolling of eyes and\or tongue movement

-Feeling strong pressure around the lover belly area

-Mood swings, not that often and dramatic, but indeed noticable

-Pressure inside skull, as if my brain is trying to change it's size.

-Increased interest in religions and spritual matters

-Seeing different lights, as mentioned earlier, like many stars, and orbs and circles of different colours inside my mind. I also tend to see some white "prana sparks" when the sky is blue.

-A few times I have experienced that energy has come all the way up to my head and knocked me out for some seconds. It sounds weird but it felt good.

-Shifts in sex-drive, horny as **** one day, and indifferent to sex the next day.

-These days I find myself doing spontaneous acupuncture, I have an urge to stick needles on points on my body that seem to correspond with meridian lines.

I wonder if this is Kundalini or pranotthana. For me as a working man who may want to start a family one day I want to have somewhat control of the process.

Thanks again to everyone who replied here.

• Like 2

I wonder if this is Kundalini or pranotthana. For me as a working man who may want to start a family one day I want to have somewhat control of the process.

I would say that if the kriyas seem to be of an intelligent agent besides yourself, then it is kundalini, if not - if it is merely subtle unconscious stuff arising, then it is pranotthana. If you start hearing voices, chanting, your lips start making words, singing, your fingers start making traditional mudras or complex movements, etc. your kundalini is awake and alive. At this point you are on cloud nine! Even if you are in the Dark Night of the Soul, you are golden, because you now have an intelligent guide who will be with you until the end. Congratulations, my friend...you are now a person of interest.

Edited by Songtsan
  • Like 1

Hey SonofGods, thank you for response

These are the symptoms that I have experienced tha last years:

-Spontaneous\atomatic body movements,

-Spontaneous\atomatic yoga movements

-Spontaneous\atomatic acupressure or tapping\hitting on sore points all over my body, i think it's trying to force energy along

merdian lines

-Spontaneous\automatic making weird noises

-Spontaneous\automatic cracking joints

-Spontaneous\automatic mudras

-Spontaneous\automatic mudras rubbing nails together

-Spontaneous\automatic breathing patterns or pranayama

-Spontaneous\automatic rolling of eyes and\or tongue movement

-Feeling strong pressure around the lover belly area

-Mood swings, not that often and dramatic, but indeed noticable

-Pressure inside skull, as if my brain is trying to change it's size.

-Increased interest in religions and spritual matters

-Seeing different lights, as mentioned earlier, like many stars, and orbs and circles of different colours inside my mind. I also tend to see some white "prana sparks" when the sky is blue.

-A few times I have experienced that energy has come all the way up to my head and knocked me out for some seconds. It sounds weird but it felt good.

-Shifts in sex-drive, horny as **** one day, and indifferent to sex the next day.

-These days I find myself doing spontaneous acupuncture, I have an urge to stick needles on points on my body that seem to correspond with meridian lines.

Sounds legit to me, but you are always that final authority,

take up weight training. It will calm all that kundalini.

Not so much calm as focus the energy. It isn't about reducing, it is about channeling. Move the energy to where it makes sense to move it. Letting it bounce around the head will lead to anxiety and tricky mind states. Finding an outlet for it will make it pure and good.

Sounds legit to me, but you are always that final authority,

Kundalini itself is the final authority on Kundalini...until the Kundalini becomes you, then you are the final authority.

Edited by Songtsan

I would say that if the kriyas seem to be of an intelligent agent besides yourself, then it is kundalini, if not - if it is merely subtle unconscious stuff arising, then it is pranotthana. If you start hearing voices, chanting, your lips start making words, singing, your fingers start making traditional mudras or complex movements, etc. your kundalini is awake and alive. At this point you are on cloud nine! Even if you are in the Dark Night of the Soul, you are golden, because you now have an intelligent guide who will be with you until the end. Congratulations, my friend...you are now a person of interest.

Then it seems I may have Kundalini, it made me say words I don't understand and make weird sounds. Also mudras have come naturally, especially one where my hands press towards each other at the fingertips.

By "intelligent guide" do you mean intelligent like how nature work or actual sentience? I feel that this energy know my body much better than I do, but still there is something mechanical and impersonal about the process as well.

Maybe we're not supposed to know?

A short note: Since having been on and moderated kundalini forums since the mid 90s I have seen alot. Wanting to awaken kundalini for enlightenment purposes is ill advised. Enlightenment can happen to both non kundalite and the kundalite. It is not necessary.

A caveat: anyone who say they are enlightened is probably not enlightened. No one who is while tell you they are. Why? Because it is not important.

Kundalini activation to full mature kundalini development is only still the beginner's path. The real adventure begins after it has become mature. For some that development happens more early and for others it can take their whole lives to learn to dance with kundalini. The end result, IMO, is people learn to dance with the Tao with spontaniety rather than continue to live in a reactive state with Nature.

Age is no guarantee of wisdom especially in Kundalini development. Unfortunately, people "believe" once it is awake they have arrived and can sit on the Couch of Enlightenment, put their feet up, and grab a beer and the remote. Maybe :D but most likely not but for a few minutes.

People with mature development smile and laugh...a lot. They have no need to fix other people. Their inner light and development extends out beyond the central channel to beyond the barrier of the skin. They are filled with the kundalini down to their very cells and the spaces between their cells. They walk and talk different. You can feel them when they walk by or put their attention on you...if they want you too. :ph34r:

Just from simple observation of people over the years I would say there is more awakening is happening of a spontaneous nature than I have seen before since the early 90s. Deep stress, whether it is positive or negative, can play a part in activation. Most people come to me not teach them how to awaken kundalini but to show them how to manage and enhance their relationship with kundalini and how it is changing their lives. Fun times.

Smile, be happy, and keep your tongue up.

Peace.

Kundalini theme song :)

Edited by ShaktiMama
  • Like 5