Sign in to follow this  
gendao

Walking The Invisible Path

I awoke from a dream yesterday...

I was driving my car in a caravan of vehicles as we entered a tunnel. It was apparently a long tunnel, that got darker as we got deeper inside. It was unlit and so eventually it got pitch black. At this point, I quickly tried turning my headlights on...but they wouldn't turn on no matter what I did! So, here I was trying to follow a car ahead of me and avoid crashing into the walls - all at full speed...without being able to see a damned thing! I was basically left to "feel" or "sense" my way through with practically no external guidance.

What do I mean by "sensing?" Just imagine careening through a dark tunnel at 70 mph and trying not to hit anything! Now, that's "sensing!" :D

Well after several hairy seconds of blindly careening through this darkness, the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel appeared. Somehow, I had made it out alive. I rolled down my window to check my sideview mirror for any damage and there were just 2 small scrapes. Fairly unscathed, whew.

We then drove down into an underground area where we all parked and deboarded. And left on foot to explore some subterranean passageways...

I interpret this dream as meaning that I will have to use "sensing" to progress through less visible and deeper paths I am at now...that may lead inside myself to my very core. That there are times when you must follow a path you cannot even see. And how to walk...an invisible path.

Edited by vortex

I awoke from a dream yesterday...

I was driving my car in a caravan of vehicles as we entered a tunnel. It was apparently a long tunnel, that got darker as we got deeper inside. It was unlit and so eventually it got pitch black. At this point, I quickly tried turning my headlights on...but they wouldn't turn on no matter what I did! So, here I was trying to follow a car ahead of me and avoid crashing into the walls - all at full speed...without being able to see a damned thing! I was basically left to "feel" or "sense" my way through with practically no external guidance.

What do I mean by "sensing?" Just imagine careening through a dark tunnel at 70 mph and trying not to hit anything! Now, that's "sensing!" :D

Well after several hairy seconds of blindly careening through this darkness, the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel appeared. Somehow, I had made it out alive. I rolled down my window to check my sideview mirror for any damage and there were just 2 small scrapes. Fairly unscathed, whew.

We then drove down into an underground area where we all parked and deboarded. And left on foot to explore some subterranean passageways...

I interpret this dream as meaning that I will have to use "sensing" to progress through less visible and deeper paths I am at now...that may lead inside myself to my very core. That there are times when you must follow a path you cannot even see. And how to walk...an invisible path.

this dream, vortex, tell me,

where is it now?

this dream, vortex, tell me,

where is it now?

Ok, update on my dream life:

Last night I had a dream combining "John Chang" and the LOA, lol. As best as I could recollect:

We were riding in my vehicle again...this time just down a regular highway. The sky became a beautiful yellow ochre color and I tried to snap a pic...but it quickly changed back to blue and started lightly raining. So, we continued driving as the rain got harder. We finally pulled over as it poured down so hard we could barely see.

After a bit it stopped and we (there was also a big White dude in the back) all got out. I took some loose change out of my pocket and laid it on the roof of my car. There were a few dimes and pennies. John pointed to the dimes and told me the secret was to imagine those were $10,000 each instead and to suck energy up through my feet. Then as I was slumped up against the side of the car, he started pressing on my back starting from my tailbone all the way up to my crown. Sometimes he was using slight circular movements as if working on my chakras, other times he'd jab a finger in my side.

After he was done, he asked me if I had felt anything. I said I had felt a little.

And then we continued on down the road... :D

(I wouldn't take this dream too seriously though, seemed to be more a mish-mash of regular waking thoughts.)

Edited by vortex

Birth memories revisited... A tunnel dream, a train dream, a highway dream, darkening, raining, being unable to see -- then light at the end of it --

these are all very typical memory dreams that tell you a lot about the way you were born. The plot is symbolic, and doesn't mean much, but the feeling is real, and means you've been there done that. Everything you are remembers -- except for the neocortex, whose job it is to forget the real and come up with a symbolic representation using the context of the present, the context of adulthood, to make sense of the feeling that is not current, is very early, and was experienced before you even had a neocortex. When you sleep, the neocortex, which normally, in your waking state, thoroughly silences the lower parts of your brain (the ones that remember), gets partially silenced in its own right, and as soon as it happens, the lower parts get activated --

and that's how you get to experience the feeling memories of things that went before the neocortex was there. If you were able to silence it completely rather than partially, you would get "what is, as is," in the context of real events you experienced instead of their re-interpreted symbolic shadows.

Thanks, interesting analyses!

But, why would I be reliving my birth now?

I think perhaps it may simply sympbolize a new journey I am on. One where I am starting out in the dark but seeking the light. That would seem more contextual to my life at the moment.

Well, this is a little odd...

I just got some tattoos done today. One of them was something I came up with on the fly at the last minute to add to an existing one.

Well, a few hours ago, I got the name "silver dove" in my head as a name for a reader friend.

And just now, I decided to Google it just for kicks...and came to this site.

With this description:

Definition: Soma is the elixir of immortality, the life giving milk of the Egyptian Goddess Hator, the sacred liquid of immortality in the moon, that Rahu eats up to rejuvenate himself. In the secret Dakini Oracle, Soma is the cooling fulfillment-aspect of the psyche, the lunar wisdom connected with the third eye chakra, the cosmic house of light and the doorway to hidden knowledge and spiritual enlightenment.
It's very interesting, because this friend could certainly be best described as a "dakini consort oracle."
The co-operation of a dakini in the role of consort and companion is considered essential in certain forms of revelatory and other tantric practices. (See Tantra.)

So we can define "dakini" as: The mind's nature symbolized as a female being and, by extension, any great female practitioner.

And what do I see next on that site? The very same tattoo (the 8 lotus leaves on the outside) that I just got today!

image002.jpg

What are the chances...? :huh:

Laying in bed this morning, I had a thought that in the center of my brain, there was a pointed "crystal" at my pineal gland...with maybe 3 runelike horizontal lines across the top. The top end was sort of like the end of a fat football...and the bottom end maybe more like the square bottom of a tombstone...although the bottom part was vague and I was more focused on just the top.

Well, just now, I read an article on Bob Frissell's site (under Prana) about the pineal gland and how:

The pineal gland is an eye, the third eye, not the pituitary gland. It is shaped like an eyeball, round, hollow, and with a lens for focusing light and color receptors. It is designed to receive light from above to go to every cell in the body instantaneously. As it is shaped like an eye it is also a vesica piscis, the image which comes out of the first day of Genesis. This geometrical shape is the beginning of all creation, and contained within it is all sacred information of the universe.
So, I look up "vesica piscis (fish bladder)," and lo and behold, it is similar to the shape I just thought in my mind this morning!

See football shape in middle:

346px-Vesica_Piscis.svg.png

Anyhow, the pineal gland is important because it corresponds to the 3rd eye and produces melatonin, which amongst other things, is apparently some type of precursor to DMT, the "spirit molecule." It is called "pineal" because it resembles a pinecone.

Pineal.JPG

In fact, it seems what I "saw" was a stylized version of the sharply symmetrical vesica piscis combined with the less symmetrical actual gland.

Anyhow, now I also know why people go to cave/darkness retreats:

Beginning 6 years ago, I locked myself up, in absolute darkness for 14 days. This floods the brain with Melatonin, and forces the pineal gland to produce and be active.

Once there is a threshold of Melatonin, then Pinoline results. After some 4-7 days 5-meo-DMT awakens. One can see in 3 dimensional Holon pictures, as the thoughts behind language, exactly as in the Civilisation of the Universe lapses I had earlier.

Here's a good cross-section diagram showing exactly where the pineal gland is. Apparently, it's basically encased in its own bone socket. I didn't know that - is that true? If so, does that mean it's an extremely vital organ to warrant so much extra protection??

021805-head.jpg

And on a completely different note, here is a picture of "Tribute," a flawless 103.83 carat South African white diamond...

4-1399.jpg

For some reason, I feel a huge energy burst in my heart when I merely look at this photo.. Is it only me, or does anyone else feel it too? :huh:

Edited by vortex

Cat's Eye Nebula N6543:

CatEyeNebula-600x548.jpg

This one seems to create a less intense reaction in my head, perhaps at my pineal..

Here's a good cross-section diagram showing exactly where the pineal gland is. Apparently, it's basically encased in its own bone socket. I didn't know that - is that true? If so, does that mean it's an extremely vital organ to warrant so much extra protection??

021805-head.jpg

And on a completely different note, here is a picture of "Tribute'" a flawless 103.83 carat South African white diamond...

4-1399.jpg

For some reason, I feel a huge energy burst in my heart when I merely look at this photo.. Is it only me, or does anyone else feel it too? :huh:

youre not alone

:)

021805-head.jpg

Don't know about the bone socket, but according to "DMT the spirit molecule" it's likely the pineal produces DMT, and secretes it directly into the blood very close to the blood-brain barrier, which has an active mechanism for shuttling DMT across into the brain (by contrast with most a lot of other chemicals, which is keeps out). So the pineal is pretty special ;-)

The diagram is a great for locating it - just feel up slightly from where your nostrils open into your throat. Concentrating on the soft palate, just in front of the holes, is one version of Shambhavi mudra & you can get a sense of space or energy there. The other is looking at the third eye. Both seem to be designed to bring attention to as close to the pineal as possible without feeling directly deep into the body or rotating the eyes 180 degrees.

(Probably old yoga hat, but I think it's interesting...)

^ Thanks!

Don't know about the bone socket, but according to "DMT the spirit molecule" it's likely the pineal produces DMT, and secretes it directly into the blood very close to the blood-brain barrier, which has an active mechanism for shuttling DMT across into the brain (by contrast with most a lot of other chemicals, which is keeps out). So the pineal is pretty special ;-)

The diagram is a great for locating it - just feel up slightly from where your nostrils open into your throat. Concentrating on the soft palate, just in front of the holes, is one version of Shambhavi mudra & you can get a sense of space or energy there. The other is looking at the third eye. Both seem to be designed to bring attention to as close to the pineal as possible without feeling directly deep into the body or rotating the eyes 180 degrees.

(Probably old yoga hat, but I think it's interesting...)

Well, in post #10, I found where it says that the pineal produces melatonin, which appears to be a precursor to DMT.

So, the Shambhavi mudra just basically consists of focusing on your pineal and chanting OM?

kutashtaom.gif

And I found this other diagram that also seems to show it encased in a bone cavity. :blink:

The diamond I get a feeling all over, but mainly in center of my back and my heart. The Nebula I get a big feeling in my head, around my eyes.

The diamond I get a feeling all over, but mainly in center of my back and my heart. The Nebula I get a big feeling in my head, around my eyes.
Yes - EXACTLY the same as me too! And I also find with the diamond that the "hotspot" seems to be the very light-greenish sparkle that is in the center of the diamond, about a cm above the bottom apex point.

Very interesting...

This would seem to support my theory that we are all beings of light and the building blocks of this universe is information - thus, that information can be transmitted remotely or through a photo. Because there is no distance between information, that doesn't really have "substance" or a location anyways. Space, time & matter are just the perceptual effects of that dimensionless information.

Just like how we all know that everything we are looking at now on our screens is really just the "special effects" of 1s & 0s...even though we can't "see" those 1s & 0s directly.

So, the Shambhavi mudra just basically consists of focusing on your pineal and chanting OM?

Can't get through to your link, but I've heard two practices called Shambhavi mudra:

1) focussing on and softening the soft palate - which is still the physically closest area of skin/mucus membrane to the pineal, even given Affenbrot's correction about its location, and which feels like it's energetically connected to something above and behind it...

2) gazing at the third eye point (the physically closest point the eyes can focus on)

As for chanting OM - AUM - the first two syllables resonate lower down, in the belly and chest (lower and middle dantians). The mmmmm resonates in the nasal cavity, which is a lot closer - so if your specifically interests in the pineal, it might worth trying just humming mmmm.

On the other hand the gradual upward movement of the vibrations in AUM might lift energy to the pineal/third eye. Once you have a bit of practice, chanting AUM can certainly change your mental state quite markedly within the space of three AUMs. Unfortunately, with practice comes volume, & the side-effect of less favourable changes to the mental state of the neighbours. :)

1) focussing on and softening the soft palate - which is still the physically closest area of skin/mucus membrane to the pineal, even given Affenbrot's correction about its location, and which feels like it's energetically connected to something above and behind it...
Yes, thanks affenbrot for the clarification! I guess even James Randi had got that wrong, wow.. :lol:

But the 2 may be related though, as onebir intuits:

When, through the practice of very intense, sustained states of contemplation, he merges into pure states of superconsciousness, the ida and the pingala form a circle. They meet, and the pituitary and the pineal glands at the top of the head also merge their energies. This produces deep samadhi. The pituitary gland awakens first and through its action stimulates the pineal. The pineal shoots a spark into the pituitary, and the door of Brahman, the Brahmarandhra, is opened, never to close. I once saw the sahasrara on a long stem above my head when I was in New York in 1953 or '54.

The sushumna force also merges, and the kundalini, which is at this time playing up and down the spine like a thermometer, as the fire-heat body of man, rises to the top of the head, and man then goes beyond consciousness and becomes the Self and has his total Self Realization, nirvikalpa samadhi.

Edited by vortex

I once saw the sahasrara on a long stem above my head when I was in New York in 1953 or '54.

You'd think he'd remember which year it was - it's not every day you get to see your crown chakra :P

Here's another interesting pic that seems to cause some energy movement in me:

aboutme12spiralintopeace.jpg

Seems to have a more diffuse effect - mostly around my upper chest like at the tops of my lungs, but also in my brain...and I feel it on both sides of the body (as opposed to just along the spinal axis).

Sign in to follow this