Sign in to follow this  
Jainarayan

Preserving or channeling sexual energy

I'm not sure if this is the right section, so if it's moved that's great.

I see a lot about preserving and channeling sexual energy. If I understand correctly release is the loss of qi. I always thought it was those pesky hormones prolactin and oxytocinthat caused the sleepiness.

If this is tmi, I apologize; it is also a little embarrassing to talk about. You see, I absolutely love to masturbate. Given the chance I'll do it a couple of times a day, when I can. Now, this may be an effect of my testosterone replacement, because not many 56 year old guys have the drive I do. It doesn't interfere with my life or job, and I don't give it a thought except in light of losing energy.

But if this is causing a loss of energy, is learning how to meditate properly the answer to controlling it? There are probably a million answers here if I search, which I will probably do for more in-depth learning, but I thought there might be a quick and dirty answer.

If you feel legitimately guilty about it and cant find peace in your conscience from doing it then stop, other wise it doesn't matter, who cares if others feel guilty for you, that's their choice.

No guilt (left that behind with the Roman Catholic Church years ago :D ), just wondering if it's affecting loss of qi or anything like that. If it's not then I'm OK with it.

I believe relieving ourselves of excess testeosterone is beneficial by making us less agressive and more at peace depending on your genetic make-up, you may be doing yourself in-justice to not find release.

Where are you from?

Edited by teknix

The chinese have much smaller testes andmany of the converted texts that you read about conserving chi was fromthe perspective and genetics of those with much smallr testes.

Europeans can relieve stress with sex and ejaculation,much like the bonobo's do, (our closest relatives).

Too much is not good for us, in one week we can produce twice the amount of sperm.

Edited by teknix

I believe relieving ourselves of excess testeosterone is beneficial by making us less agressive and more at peace depending on your genetic make-up, you may be doing yourself in-justice to not find release.

Where are you from?

USA, NJ.

The chinese have much smaller testes andmany of the converted texts that you read about conserving chi was fromthe perspective and genetics of those with much smallr testes.

Europeans can relieve stress with sex and ejaculation,much like the bonobo's do, (our closest relatives).

Too much is not good for us, in one week we can produce twice the amount of sperm.

Heh! This I didn't know!

http://www.8asians.com/2012/01/25/do-asians-have-the-smallest-testicle/

quick and dirty answer.

You already had that answer, prior to posting.

Obviously, you already had a loss of energy, thus you are now taking testersterone replace drugs.

If you find the answers through pharmaceuticals, then you won't need meditation to replace your energy loss? Right? Just take more medicine?

For you to fix this problem, you will have to start over again, without the drugs, in my opinion.

Your sex drive, is a chemically induced one. Not healthy.

Your quote: "this may be an effect of my testosterone replacement, because not many 56 year old guys have the drive I do"

Edited by SonOfTheGods

This seems like an odd statement to me? Regardless of ethnicity we are all born with a finite amount of pre-natal Jing.. Not discounting what you are suggesting, but I'd be interested in what others have to say about it too..

To the OP the answer is basically yes, you are losing energy. It could be a good thing for you to reduce your amount of sexual activity, and practice some Qigong (even to simply stand still with your knees slightly bent will really help to build vitality). If you don't already have a Qigong practise you could try some of the Spring Forest techniques on youtube, they are easy to learn, safe and very powerful.

It could also be helpful to consult with a TCM practitioner. Acupuncture and (especially) herbs are very helpful in building energy. I'd suggest getting a professional TCM opinion rather than self medicating with TCM herbs as loading up on tonic herbs without a professionals supervision could be problematic. It's important to keep in mind that TCM tells us that building Kidney energy/Jing/essence is a gradual process - so gains you make should not be taken as a license to "spend up" the energy. And taking your age into account I would suggest that you begin to conserve more of your Jing, it's a great asset to your health and happiness :)

The plethora of posts on this forum recounting misadventures with retention and sexual qigong exercises indicates to me that these are advanced techniques and not ones that should be played with without the supervision of a real master.. some may disagree, but that's my two cents anyway. I don't know the details as to why you're taking testosterone so I can't really comment on that - but if it's to feel more energetic/alive/vital/masculine I think that's very risky business. In my opinion rather than manipulating certain hormones we should focus on building and balancing the body's energy through Qigong and herbs.. I think if we take care of the energy the hormones will take care of themselves :)

anyhow I hope some of that is of some use, all the best.

• Like 1

You already had that answer, prior to posting.

Obviously, you already had a loss of energy, thus you are now taking testersterone replace drugs.

If you find the answers through pharmaceuticals, then you won't need meditation to replace your energy loss? Right? Just take more medicine?

For you to fix this problem, you will have to start over again, without the drugs, in my opinion.

Your sex drive, is a chemically induced one. Not healthy.

I'm on testosterone replacement because I have hypopituitarism. My pituitary doesn't work properly, because it's damaged from a beating when I was a teenager. My GH was low, and I am hypothyroid also.

To the OP the answer is basically yes, you are losing energy. It could be a good thing for you to reduce your amount of sexual activity, and practice some Qigong (even to simply stand still with your knees slightly bent will really help to build vitality). If you don't already have a Qigong practise you could try some of the Spring Forest techniques on youtube, they are easy to learn, safe and very powerful.

The plethora of posts on this forum recounting misadventures with retention and sexual qigong exercises indicates to me that these are advanced techniques and not ones that should be played with without the supervision of a real master.. some may disagree, but that's my two cents anyway. I don't know the details as to why you're taking testosterone so I can't really comment on that - but if it's to feel more energetic/alive/vital/masculine I think that's very risky business. In my opinion rather than manipulating certain hormones we should focus on building and balancing the body's energy through Qigong and herbs.. I think if we take care of the energy the hormones will take care of themselves :)

anyhow I hope some of that is of some use, all the best.

I've been looking up SFQ and ZZ. I was seeing an acupuncturist but it didn't do anything for me. I may need to try someone else. I wouldn't do anything advanced without proper guidance, which is pretty lacking in this area. So the videos, meditation and some self control might be the ticket. The testosterone is a therapeutic dosage because I have secondary hypogonadism from hypopituitarism. I wish I didn't have to use it. I agree about the dangers of using it for reasons other than therapeutic dosages, i.e. bodybuilders using anabolic steroids. It's nothing like that. My testosterone is now actually in the normal range with the replacement.

You can learn allot from the contrast the extreme states created by spending allot of energy/ sexual energy / jing.

It may be very helpful for you to listen inwardly and see how your body moves. How it uses the energy, what is there, what is not there and so on.

Getting familiar with the states that occur can help you figure out how to go about storing and revitalizing.

Example, if you store your sexual energy/ semen and then you start to feel very hot and angry after a few days, you now know something about your current state.

You can go deeper. What does your body feel like in various places? In the pelvic region? heart? Head? Etc.

You may start to communicate and understand your body which, I have found, helps tremendously with finding out HOW to store the energy/ use it without driving your self into an extreme state.

I dont have any answers...just ideas/ questions that may or may not help you along your path.

Peace.

• Like 1

Regardless of size, if you want to cultivate your mind and to reach to a higher level of samadhi, you must conserve your jing energy, your "fluid." Of course, there is no point in conserving if you haven't developed the ability and the mind to transform your jing into chi. You would just end up "bottled up." :) Of course, you have to be really gifted in the matter of cultivation and having enough merits from your past life to enable you to cultivate while leaking your fluid.....

Regardless of size, if you want to cultivate your mind and to reach to a higher level of samadhi, you must conserve your jing energy, your "fluid." Of course, there is no point in conserving if you haven't developed the ability and the mind to transform your jing into chi. You would just end up "bottled up." :) Of course, you have to be really gifted in the matter of cultivation and having enough merits from your past life to enable you to cultivate while leaking your fluid.....

It sounds like what they used to tell us as teenagers about sublimating, redirecting it. It sounds like it all comes down to discipline.

Sign in to follow this