damien

Can I speak freely here?

Hi everyone

My spiritual journey has had a lot of twists and turns, but only two Paths have really resonated with me properly (physically, emotionally, deeply), and they are Buddhism, and (to the humble extent to which I understand it, which is not very much as yet) Taoism. So, here I am. :)

My interest in Taoism began when I found myself in a quandary. I was trying to practice Buddhist meditation, but to do this required that I subdue any thoughts or actions related to sexual desire. So I would alternate between periods of quite good meditation practice, trying to be more or less celibate, then flipping over to periods of over indulgence in sex, with meditation practice suffering as a result (due to the loss of vital energy). Then one day, someone gave me a book by Master Mantak Chia, and thus began a journey that continues to this day, as I gradually discover (or is it, REdiscover?) how to feel the sexual energy in the body with more sensitivity, and how to draw it up INTO the body, rather than expelling it out (along with the precious seed).

So I have discovered that it doesn't have to be 'either or' ('Either you do meditation, OR you do sex'). No, rather: Sex itself can become meditation. And a damn enjoyable one it is, too. It's the one meditation practice I never have to force myself to sit down to. :D

Of course there is much more to Taoism than the inner sexual practices, and I am open to this as well. The Tao Te Ching is amazing. Deep like a lake, profound, and seems to have more than one layer of meaning (although as I said, I admit my novice status when it comes to the Tao, so there is much I have to learn here).

So I'm a kind of Buddhist-Taoist hybrid. I hope I'm not the only one, but in any case, I look forward to hanging out here, reading others' posts, and sharing a few of my own. :)

Zed

• Like 1

Hello Zed

Welcome to TTB. :)

Hope that you enjoy your stay here.

Please make sure you read the two pinned posts at the top of the Lobby.

Hi Zed! I also have a similary journey in my path. Nowdays I enjoy more or less a constant feeling of wellbeing due to saving and transmuting the sexual essence. On one level with this practice you will definitely enjoy health and possibly a very long life. However as I found out to the full process of inner alchemy requires quite much intuition and dedication.. You will find out much material related to this here. Welcome and Good luck to you!

So I'm a kind of Buddhist-Taoist hybrid. I hope I'm not the only one, but in any case, I look forward to hanging out here, reading others' posts, and sharing a few of my own. :)

Zed

We have lots of those animals here. Welcome.

• Like 2

So I have discovered that it doesn't have to be 'either or' ('Either you do meditation, OR you do sex'). No, rather: Sex itself can become meditation. And a damn enjoyable one it is, too. It's the one meditation practice I never have to force myself to sit down to. :D

Of course there is much more to Taoism than the inner sexual practices, and I am open to this as well. The Tao Te Ching is amazing. Deep like a lake, profound, and seems to have more than one layer of meaning (although as I said, I admit my novice status when it comes to the Tao, so there is much I have to learn here).

Zed

Hi Zed, welcome. I'm kind of new to this site and learning about Taoism, myself. The folks here are a real bunch of characters. :D

I'm a Hindu-Buddhist-Taoist hybrid syncretist too. I've also recently discovered that Yemayá, the Yoruba goddess is none other than a manifestation of the Divine Mother; there's so much to discover and believe and "say" the same thing in different ways. I have a lot to learn about preserving and channeling sexual energy. Though I often use a visualization technique during my *ahem* "sexual meditation" that I use to try to guide me into a particular direction. It needs work. :blink:

Anyway, the point is that here, I've found that pretty much all bets are off, and as Marblehead said, there are "lots of those animals here" ;)

Hi Zed, welcome. Buddhism teaches not to attach or avoid, so pushing thoughts of sex down isn't really dharma. Acceptance of whatever arises is more like it. Almost everything in the relative world is gendered, and if it isn't, the mind invents gender and attaches it hahaah ala Freud. Life energy is sexual, and everyone has to deal with sexuality in the healthiest way they can, even (and especially) celibate monks. But there's no need to be one of those to achieve freedom or happiness. Anyway, best wishes on the path.

• Like 1