Rebel Emperor

Ambition - Be a Mountain Sage

It is funny.

5 years ago, my ambition was to become a multi-billionaire who owns more than 10 girlfriends, more than a hundred cars, more than a few hundred properties ..

Now my ambition is to live simply in an isolated hut in the Asian mountains becoming one with God cut off from all of humanity and the rest of the world..

From tommorrow onwards, I will take my first step into making my destiny as an Isolated Hermit Mountain Sage into a reality.

I will find the most isolated spot in the mountains somewhere in Asia and live in the hut without electricity and other major appliances.

I might have a deep cycle battery and solar panels though to power up my laptop but other than that i don't need anything else.

No fridge as i will buy my organic veges and fruits from local tribes, no air-conditioning needed as I live in the mountains where it is cooler, a small fireplace to heat up my hut in the winter and i will bath myself using a sprayer bottle, a tub and hot water from the kettle from my fireplace..

I will meditate and chant for at least 6-12 hours a day, no phones or internet to hook me up with the rest of the world, no bars, no restaurants, no tv, no radio, no women, no alcohol, no drugs, nothing of the filthy city life found all over this earth..

Just Pure God Consciousness and nothing else..

• Like 1

And to anyone in here who dare put me down and to anyone else in the world who dare put me down for "Escaping" the mudane world..

Yeah I am escaping being a human slave to society but what the fark can you all do about it?

1christ-middle-finger.jpg

• Like 1

i wouldn't dare put you down. Your personality type seems great for benefiting from isolation :)

i wish you luck

• Like 1

I think it's a great idea if you see it as your path. Being someone who travels a lot, there are a few things to consider.

1. If you are not a citizen of the Asian country you are going to, then you will need to get a Visa to go there and Visa's do not last for usually longer than 1 - 3 months, after which time you are in the country illegally.

2. Like most places in the world, all the land is owned by someone, most of the time the government of the country if it's not owned by an individual or company. While many countries have large pieces of land that they don't care about too much, it still could be illegal to just set up a home on any piece of land. So you will want to make sure you are aware of who owns the land you are going to and what they will feel about you living on it.

Just a few things to think about.

• Like 1

Also a good idea to practice said hermitism in one's own home country first to make sure you can actually pull it off. It's a lot easier here to cheat and get to a store or something if one finds out they are a crappy farmer, or get to a decent hospital if one suddenly discovers the realities of frostbite....

Considering the vast differences in the two goals, and over such a short period of time, and before even realizing the first one, I would guess that you may not fully know yourself and what you want yet. Much more introspection needed before heading to a place where there is a good chance you don't know the language very well, and might be considered an outsider.

• Like 2

What's exactly is your practice these days?

What exactly is your diet like?

Can you list everything you ate yesterday?

Have you begun learning the dialect of Chinese you'll need?

Good plan but where is the money going to come from to pay for you to buy food and medicine? What about money needed for travel, translation, training material, instruction, etc.

Unless you are rich this sort of plan is impossible.

It is funny.

5 years ago, my ambition was to become a multi-billionaire who owns more than 10 girlfriends, more than a hundred cars, more than a few hundred properties ..

Now my ambition is to live simply in an isolated hut in the Asian mountains becoming one with God cut off from all of humanity and the rest of the world..

From tommorrow onwards, I will take my first step into making my destiny as an Isolated Hermit Mountain Sage into a reality.

I will find the most isolated spot in the mountains somewhere in Asia and live in the hut without electricity and other major appliances.

I might have a deep cycle battery and solar panels though to power up my laptop but other than that i don't need anything else.

No fridge as i will buy my organic veges and fruits from local tribes, no air-conditioning needed as I live in the mountains where it is cooler, a small fireplace to heat up my hut in the winter and i will bath myself using a sprayer bottle, a tub and hot water from the kettle from my fireplace..

I will meditate and chant for at least 6-12 hours a day, no phones or internet to hook me up with the rest of the world, no bars, no restaurants, no tv, no radio, no women, no alcohol, no drugs, nothing of the filthy city life found all over this earth..

Just Pure God Consciousness and nothing else..

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

sounds like you're going to have to do a little more planning for food. without a means to pay for anything, how are you going to buy enough food to sustain yourself? you'd best get some books and resources on what foraging may be done in the area you are planning to go to...unless you have some means to pay or barter, you're going to have a heck of a time feeding yourself.

Good plan but where is the money going to come from to pay for you to buy food and medicine? What about money needed for travel, translation, training material, instruction, etc.

Unless you are rich this sort of plan is impossible.

What does one need money for if one puts his faith in God?

How rich do you need to be in order to lead a life as a mountain sage?

it cost less than 1000 usd to build a simple hut in the mountains without any electricity and one does not need electricity if one lives in the mountains.. no air-conditioning needed nor is heating needed for you can always warm yourself using fire..

medicines? are u kidding me? any sickness can be cured by just water and the constant prayers of the medicine buddha and usnisa vijaya dharani..

food? i only eat vegs and fruits.. raw.. i am pretty sure i can grow them..

one only needs $10,000 usd plus brains to figure out the most cost-effective method of living in the asiatic mountains.. this is asia which we are talking about and not the west so if one plans to live as a mountain hermit on just $10,000 usd, he can go an extremely long way..

how many monks are there living in the nepalese, tibetab and himalayan mountains now? do you think they are all rich?

if you have no experience farming, you will inevitably screw it up

i am being totally honest and speaking from experience. You need to learn how to farm for real before you can commit to living off of your grown food. Also, food takes months to grow, sometimes more - what about the time in between? That's already hundreds of dollars you need to have for food while your garden is growing

Let's be honest here. 99.999999999999999999999999% of the world's population can't become a mountain sage hermit cos they lack the will power to cut off their addiction to the internet and entertainment of the city life.

And most importantly, most of humanity can't cut off their addictions to sex and good food which is why most can't leave the city life.

Edited by Rebel Emperor
  • Like 1

What is the longest you have gone so far without modern conveniences?

Many folks die each year just from going hiking, let alone living for years only on your own skills. Of the people who get lost in the forest, they usually have to be taken to the hospital after they have been found within a week or two. Now if you already successfully live off the grid, you are halfway there :).

PS torrential downpours suck in self made huts! It sucks even more when all the wood around you is wet, and the wood you stored in said hut is damp to the core because it has been raining for a week...

What is the longest you have gone so far without modern conveniences?

Many folks die each year just from going hiking, let alone living for years only on your own skills. Of the people who get lost in the forest, they usually have to be taken to the hospital after they have been found within a week or two. Now if you already successfully live off the grid, you are halfway there :).

There are PLENTY of people living in the mountains. You might live alone and isolated but you can always rely on the nearest people for help. Teach them english and other vocabulary to compensate for ther time if you are indeed dirt poor.

PS torrential downpours suck in self made huts! It sucks even more when all the wood around you is wet, and the wood you stored in said hut is damp to the core because it has been raining for a week...

Then you must have made a really shitty hut. Why don't you ask those already living in the mountains for advice?

So go do it. i really want you to do this for yourself and succeed

i have my doubts whether or not you will even actually take that first step out the door though

So go do it. i really want you to do this for yourself and succeed

i have my doubts whether or not you will even actually take that first step out the door though

I took the first step out two years ago.

you took the first step to living on a mountain away from society?

are you connecting to the internet with your mind? if so can you teach me how to do this? not even sarcasm, i actually would like to develop that ability

Let's be honest here. 99.999999999999999999999999% of the world's population can't become a mountain sage hermit cos they lack the will power to cut off their addiction to the internet and entertainment of the city life.

He's taking his laptop with him, flo.

Try and keep up. (-:

• Like 1

are you connecting to the internet with your mind? if so can you teach me how to do this? not even sarcasm, i actually would like to develop that ability

give google a little more time... (-: