Sign in to follow this  
affenbrot

Choa Kok Sui dies age 54

I was a bit shocked to read on (german) wikipedia that

Choa Kok Sui has died recently at young age. He was quite influential here in the the spiritual healing scene.

Edited by affenbrot

Wow.... What was the cause of death? Natural? (I don`t speak German :))

Wow.... What was the cause of death? Natural? (I don`t speak German :))

(wiki says) that in January the organization was informed he had severe pneumonia and needed two years of break from work; on 19th March he died.

I see... I`m a little surprised, with him being the founder of Pranic Healing and all... Maybe it had something to do with karma and it was just his time.

Interesting and unfortunate I guess - i never got into his teachings although his seminar on mystical christian secrets looked interesting, way too much $$$ to attend. Karma? Yeah what was thinking, sueing Master Mantak Chia!?!?! May he rest in peace!

This is quite unfortunate.

If anything, this probably shows we can not heal others. Obviously someone close to him would have healed him. We can only allow ourselves to heal. Perhaps we can trick someone into healing themselves with outside means, but the belief and the permission comes within.

T

I see... I`m a little surprised, with him being the founder of Pranic Healing and all... Maybe it had something to do with karma and it was just his time.

Did he have any high-risk factors like smoking?

Good point Thad, his books are all about healing others a lot... not like CHIAs which are about working on the self primariy. Funny coincidence is that Kok's most famous book arrived at my house last night from Interlibrary Loan as I learned of his passing! :lol:

Some interesting quotes in his book,, at first glance - about god's nostrils in genesis? hahaha

If anything, this probably shows we can not heal others. Obviously someone close to him would have healed him. We can only allow ourselves to heal. Perhaps we can trick someone into healing themselves with outside means, but the belief and the permission comes within.

To me it shows that teaching, taking healing workshops, or practicing healing does not make you a healer.

What shocked me last year was Glenn Morris'

passing and now this one......................One would think that being a healer in whatever tradition, with all the knowledge gained, you could apply it to yourself for your own longevity...................Then again, I could be run over by a bus tomorrow and all the chi and prana in the world ain't gonna save me! :o

Teaches us that everything is impermanent...

And when I mentioned karma, I was thinking more from past lives. I mean... You can`t seriously think he`d die because he sued Chia?!?

That`s also why I said it might be related to karma. Some things you can only do yourself.

I`m not really sure if I know how "healing" REALLY works, but I don`t think it`s about tricking someone into healing. In the book "Quantum touch" it says something like you create the conditions for the other person to heal themselves or enable them to heal themselves, something like that.

To me it shows that teaching, taking healing workshops, or practicing healing does not make you a healer.

Max, can you elaborate on what you mean here?

Max, can you elaborate on what you mean here?

Hi Pero,

Real healing abilities are developed through personal spiritual cultivation. Look at the mass production of acupuncturists in the US theses days and you will see how quickly an "internal" healing modality is turned into an "external", mind-oriented conventional BS. Same goes for Reiki, etc. Pay $ and become a healer. Right....

Max

Hi Pero,

Real healing abilities are developed through personal spiritual cultivation. Look at the mass production of acupuncturists in the US theses days and you will see how quickly an "internal" healing modality is turned into an "external", mind-oriented conventional BS. Same goes for Reiki, etc. Pay $ and become a healer. Right....

Max

Hi Max

I agree, it`s unfortunately true... Although I`m not sure what you mean by "mind-oriented conventional BS"?

Do those acupuncturists still have success at treating their patients?

Hi Pero,

Max

I totally agree.

Most of these guys have the fa, but not the gong. Heck, I don't think acupuncturists are even required to practice qigong in their schools here.

Well, if you have no clear-flowing qi or jing, how the heck are you going to heal anybody else? You got no juice. It's just like 95% of Taijiquan players who can't make it work because they lack any gong. All they are doing is going through the slow-motions, but with no internal juice to power them.

If these guys haven't self-cultivated for a period with some form of "qigong" as a core practice, it's like waving a garden hose over your flower bed with no water! :lol:

Edited by vortex

If you start to talk about healing you might want to ask if healing is in line with Karmic rules... if you speak about Karma nobody says that a "real healer" can not die at an early age... if one dies at an early age does that mean a person was not advanced? Maybe he "died" because of that... why stay on earth longer than necessary...?

no conclusions... just questions to let us ask ourselves to what we believe is true is actually true

for the time being: good night

Harry

Heck, I don't think acupuncturists are even required to practice qigong in their schools here.

If these guys haven't self-cultivated for a period with some form of "qigong" as a core practice, it's like waving a garden hose over your flower bed with no water! :lol:

They might take a course or two.

That's why I make sure all my aupuncturists studied in china and do qi gong

Edited by mYTHmAKER

Sunshine, agreed.

Pero, I've met quiet a few "future acupuncturists" recently who are taking qigong classes outside their school. They are so bad it's scary, and most have no chi and almost never practice outside of school.

If you're evolved, you don't need needles to do acupuncture.

Yep. It is sure true that you don't need neeldes if you are pretty much evolved in certain way... but let me just say that I currently learn that for acupuncture to be effective you do not need to know qigong (although it is helpful)...

Tung style acupuncture: the beauty are the points (often outside the usual ones) and a specific technique

other types of a: the beauty are the needle techniques

other types of a: the beauty are the point combinations

other types of a: the power is intent

current style I learn (one needle acupuncture in the tradition of Cheng Dan-an and Tin Yau So): important is to learn to feel the "energy" (of the patient) in its different qualities and then to work with it... you are not meant to give your own away to do the healing!

Qigong helps to develop certain abilities: it can improve your diagnostic skills (maybe leading to abilities like directly seeing energy etc.), it helps yourself to stay healthy etc. but from the many styles I have now looked into (without claiming that I am able to practice any of them) I realize that quite some styles can be very effective in their own right without one needing to be a strong practitioner of Qigong.

should I have said anything wrong about the styles above and someone knows better... please correct...

with smiles

Harry

I was a bit shocked to read on (german) wikipedia that

Choa Kok Sui has died recently at young age. He was quite influential here in the the spiritual healing scene.

I asked my teachers about this and they said that even years ago when Master Choa Kok Sui started Pranic healing and Arhatic Yoga, he was already saying that he was only given a short time to fulfill his mission that's why he is always in a hurry to carry out his work. Always he is saying that his time is short. As for the illnesses, they said he absorbed some negative karma of his disciples, which is normal for spiritual masters. If you read Yogananda's Autobiography of a Yogi, he also said something similar about his own guru. The guru helps his disciples progress by helping them work out their negative karma. Actually I suspect Master Choa's passing wasn't a surprise to his inner circle. His passing did not cause any disruption in the operations of the organizations he founded.

Did he have any high-risk factors like smoking?

As far as I know, no he did not. He even advised against it because smoking damages the energy body.

Edited by Spiritual_Aspirant
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this