Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

One book on tantra to recommend a female friend?

Say a woman wants to get into tantra, what book should she read? (Or, I want to get her into it!)

Perhaps sexual reflexology? A Dan Odin book? Another Chia book? Osho? Buddhism? Others????? What do you think?

Edited by GrandTrinity

Say a woman wants to get into tantra, what book should she read? (Or, I want to get her into it!)

Perhaps sexual reflexology? A Dan Odin book? Another Chia book? Osho? Buddhism? Others????? What do you think?

See this thread

My recommendation would still be Diana Richardson's book. Written from a female perspective.

I would highly recommend Daniel Odier's Tantra Quest. After reading this book I finally understood what Tantra was about. This is not "neo Tantra", but the real deal. This is not a book of sexual techniques, but the accounts of the author's initiation into Tantra by a dakini. He goes into the philosophy and practice of opening your mind to every reality.

I bought David Deida's "Enlightened Sex" book last week. I'm a sucker for books that also contain audio CD's. I like the book a lot. You can clearly see Chia influences in it, such as MCO and Big Draw type control.

There is very little technique but much emphasis on relaxation, body awareness and opening your heart and connecting it to your lover. Its written from a man's point of view and much of it is answering the questions of how to relate to woman. The line between staying sensitive while being masculine. Its probably not as 'enlightening?' for woman as for men.

One book I have that is simply called Tantra by Val Sampson is very good. Its an easy introduction with many good pointers. Sampson is a journalist who did an article on Tantra and got sucked into it as a serious hobby. Its conversational and not very technique oriented. Again Chia's name pops up every now and then as someone who influenced one of her teachers.

I probably pick up some sort of trantric book every year or two. Sex is too important a part of our lives to let get stale.

Michael

Peace Between the Sheets Marnia RobinsonPeace

Sign in to follow this