Sign in to follow this  
rosscb

Doing microcosmic orbit when constipated

Hey I'm usually fine, but today I was constipated and I was wondering if doing the microcosmic orbit or bringing any energy from the lower tan tien to the head is ok in this state? Just want some opinions on the matter

The toxins don't get absorbed or anything do they?

Thanks!

Edited by rosscb

If you are constipated then there is a risk of toxin re-absorbtion. But I imagine, I have never had to do this, but gentle abdominal breathing and MCO should work to free up blockages and help with the condition. No straining and no forcing though. Could try 'unwinding the belly' type massage. If its really extreme don't do anything wait (drink plenty water) and if necessary see a doctor.

Edited by Apech

No point to polish the turd or entertain the turd holder (I stole the phrase from one of the members here).

• Like 1

No... in fact it will probably could help your body clear the constipation.

John

• Like 1

No... in fact it will probably could help your body clear the constipation.

John

I agree. If you do MCO and then have a bowel movement within 15-20 minutes you could lose some Qi, but that doesn't sound like a problem for you.

Are you able to do or have you every tried mayurasana or peacock pose?

Hey I'm usually fine, but today I was constipated and I was wondering if doing the microcosmic orbit or bringing any energy from the lower tan tien to the head is ok in this state? Just want some opinions on the matter

Thanks!

If you are constipated then there is a risk of toxin re-absorbtion. But I imagine, I have never had to do this, but gentle abdominal breathing and MCO should work to free up blockages and help with the condition. No straining and no forcing though. Could try 'unwinding the belly' type massage. If its really extreme don't do anything wait (drink plenty water) and if necessary see a doctor.

If you were not doing the abdominal breathing, in the first place, then you are not doing the MCO correctly. If you did, your abdomen would have had been massaged your large intestine to enhence the peristalsis to prevent constipation. Indeed, this is the basic biological function of the internal organs.

• Like 1

Thanks!

Some things to consider:

How long have you beeing constipated?

Are you drinking a least 8 to 14 cup of water a day?

Did you remove toxic heat from your diet? (Alcohol, cigarretes, chocolate, spicy food, read meat, fowl, and for some constitutions, sugar)

Check your posture (better to find someone that can do it for you)

Check your breathing (better to find someone that can do it for you)

Check your energy (better to find someone that can do it for you)

Hope this help.

Let me know if I can support you in any way.

Dr. D

Sign in to follow this