Sham-Wow

Wang Liping & Vegitarianism

I would like to ask if the great master wang liping is vegetarian ? Does the Longmen Pai have anything to say about eating meat ,karma & rencarantion. These questions are very important to me. It would mean the world if any students could help.

For some reason i just cannot stand to kill anything or see any violence towards another creature. Its really starting to affect my life, Any help would be greatly appreciated taobums.

Thank you Kindly,

Vince

• Like 2

Don't quote me on this, but I believe he said he was vegetarian but as he aged he began to eat meat because his body needed the nutrition. If someone who went to the first LMP seminar could confirm this, that would be great. I believe I remember that topic coming up at the Q&A.

• Like 1

I would like to ask if the great master wang liping is vegetarian ? Does the Longmen Pai have anything to say about eating meat ,karma & rencarantion. These questions are very important to me. It would mean the world if any students could help.

For some reason i just cannot stand to kill anything or see any violence towards another creature. Its really starting to affect my life, Any help would be greatly appreciated taobums.

Thank you Kindly,

Vince

Why does it matter what he eats. Eat in the manner that is best for you

• Like 6

I can't answer to the first question...

Does the Longmen Pai have anything to say about eating meat ,karma & rencarantion.

Yes, they have views quite close to buddhism concerning those things.

Thank you Kindly,

Vince

Sounds like you have the real answer, though not the specific one you're asking, right here.

What's wrong with being vegetarian? If it turns out that this great master eats meat, would you go against your strong feelings and eat it anyway, just because he does?

If you can't stand the thought of killing creatures, stop eating meat and stop buying things that come from the death of creatures.

• Like 1

Or even if it wasn't anything in a past life and past lives don't exist, it's a living, feeling creature. Having compassion for it is only natural; grandpa Sam or no...

I heard raw vegetarianism is the way to go because live food has more prana... And vegetables have more nutrients. If you eat the right kinds protein deficency won't ever happen.

• Like 1

I would think few in the Qigong field would follow a raw diet.. Chinese medicine warns against the implications of too much raw/cold food :)

http://straightbamboo.com/articles/cooked-vs-raw/

Right. I am aware of this debate. However one yogic master claims raw vegetarian is the way to go, even though he is raised up in traditional ayurveda. Sadhguru.

http://blog.ishafoundation.org/lifestyle/food/why-vegetarianism/

Hes a good guy.

For me it represents the internal + external world.

The true inner voice vs exterior "masters"

The center being your highest ideal... calling you home to greater realities / expressions / understandings.

In astrology it also represents the Sun.

sun_and_sky_34.jpg

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Right. I am aware of this debate. However one yogic master claims raw vegetarian is the way to go, even though he is raised up in traditional ayurveda. Sadhguru.

http://blog.ishafoundation.org/lifestyle/food/why-vegetarianism/

Hes a good guy.

You can always find one person claiming something. What I'm particularly reserved against is spiritualizing externals. People want to do that since it is so much easier to confess to a diet, a way of dressing, having sex, washing - whatever - than to get rid of your internal demon and to become a caring and genuinely generous person. People want to appear holy and spiritual (non-materialist) and want to wear it as a badge.

For me Daoism has two important take-aways regarding eating:

i)

Diets are individual, specific for a time, season, state of your body, state of your cultivation etc. There are diets that are good for awhile, when you have a certain illness, a deficiency in one of your phases etc., but these very diets may be detrimental in the long run.

ii)

Cycles: Nature is cycles, not a top-down pyramid. We die, become soil, the plants grow on that, then herbivores, carnivores, etc. Life and death is natural. Without the carnivores, populations become genetically weak, get inbred, suffer food scarcity, grow weak, get diseases, and all suffer - no one is fit. Morality is not as easy as to die or not to die.

Plants may very well have sentience and intelligence in forms and with biological correlates that are very alien to us, but it is handy to turn the blind eye to this.

Anyway, since this was about WL and meat, check the search function. I remember conversations about this in the past. Perhaps Taomeow remembers something?

All the best,

Mandrake

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Master Wang Liping said (and I was there when he did) that he used to be a vegetarian, but that was before he came to live "in the world" among other people who are not. (There's very few vegetarians in China, notably buddhist monks.) The context was "when in Rome, do as the Romans do."

His lectures on taoist nutrition specified in greater depth what is appropriate to eat toward certain specific goals. Strict vegetarianism is necessary for about a week's period after certain new developments in the practice. For long-term vegetarians by choice, suggestions were made as to what vegetables and roots to include in the diet so as to function optimally. Some of these I'd never heard of before. They are eaten by vegetarians of the kind the master was himself, the knowledgeable ones. :)

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/1/2013 at 11:13 PM, Taomeow said:

Master Wang Liping said (and I was there when he did) that he used to be a vegetarian, but that was before he came to live "in the world" among other people who are not. (There's very few vegetarians in China, notably buddhist monks.) The context was "when in Rome, do as the Romans do."

His lectures on taoist nutrition specified in greater depth what is appropriate to eat toward certain specific goals. Strict vegetarianism is necessary for about a week's period after certain new developments in the practice. For long-term vegetarians by choice, suggestions were made as to what vegetables and roots to include in the diet so as to function optimally. Some of these I'd never heard of before. They are eaten by vegetarians of the kind the master was himself, the knowledgeable ones. :)

do you practice the alchemical methods of Wang Liping @Taomeow?

• Like 1