Prince...

Beginning Meditation | Kundalini Awakening | My Experience

Thanks for sharing your experience, I really appreciate it.

My thought about the push hands, is that even thou you sensed his intension he could feel the physical change when you started to neutralize, and he did not hold on to his intention so he just changed, while you held on to your intention to neutralize, and could not feel the change.

Welcome on board.

I lived in Duluth for two years.

So long you're breathing, you're doing fine. good luck.

Thanks...I've actually been a member here since 2008; I just don't visit the board very often. The events in the video actually happened around this time 5 years ago.

• Like 1

^ So, after around just 5 months of meditation, you experienced some degree of kundalini awakening with enhanced "telepathic" and "auric" sensitivity afterwards? Not bad for "beginner meditation"... :D

Have you been able to sustain those effects, or did they eventually wear off? And what else have you experienced (quantifiably or qualitatively) from this opening since then? B)

Edited by vortex
  • Like 1

Thanks, for sharing. It's interesting that experience of "flower opening" is something that I have experienced in my practice as well. But i have never had any kind of "k" experience. I think it has something to do with the energy centers/chakras of the body.

My 2 cents, Peace

Very interesting. You sound pretty grounded about all this, which is good because K is just the beginning! Definitely keep going with this, I don't know what your end goal with meditation/cultivation is, but you can go far. :)

Prince, long time no see!

Are you done with your seminar/training? How have you integrated it with your energy work? Maybe a huge topic. Shall I PM you instead?

Mandrake

Hey all--

Sorry for not updating... I've been really busy between school & trying to build up my personal training/kettlebell business.

My thought about the push hands, is that even thou you sensed his intension he could feel the physical change when you started to neutralize, and he did not hold on to his intention so he just changed, while you held on to your intention to neutralize, and could not feel the change.

My Sifu would say that I started to anticipate-- I was not "present." To change with the change requires presence. Thanks for your input! :)

^ So, after around just 5 months of meditation, you experienced some degree of kundalini awakening with enhanced "telepathic" and "auric" sensitivity afterwards? Not bad for "beginner meditation"... :D

Have you been able to sustain those effects, or did they eventually wear off? And what else have you experienced (quantifiably or qualitatively) from this opening since then? B)

They eventually wore off-- I don't consider myself an expert on any of this stuff, but from the way I describe what happens, it sounds like something "went up and got stuck." I didn't want to come forward in the video, but David Whitley (who was my KB instructor when all this happened) says the same thing in the comments on YouTube. He's since become a Hoshin Tao student of one of Dr. Morris's students.

Very interesting. You sound pretty grounded about all this, which is good because K is just the beginning! Definitely keep going with this, I don't know what your end goal with meditation/cultivation is, but you can go far. :)

Thanks, this all happened in 2008. A year later I took KAP 1 & 2 with both Santiago and Tao and left home for Seminary. I'll just say things got a bit interesting. At one point I was spending 6 hours a day on KAP, PSD, Yiquan, Taijiquan, and kettlebells.

The training was awesome, but I found that I really could not stand being around the majority of the people I encountered. I started having a lot of problems, some related to family issues back home and other related to my studies-- my Seminary classmates didn't think too highly of the guy doing standing meditation under trees and practicing weird kungfu all over the campus. I gotta admit that it WAS fun, though-- I'm a veteran, so I was basically being paid on my GI Bill to go to class, study, meditate, and practice kungfu all day long. The campus was like a big park, and it was up the street from a bigger park designed by the same person who designed New York's Central Park.

To be honest, it's my goal to put myself back in that situation, but with something maybe a bit less extreme. As a personal trainer and soon to be nutrition/lifestyle coach, I HAVE to be able to interact with people (even some I don't like)

What I learned from this process is you'll have to face things about yourself and about other people that you might not quite like.

Prince, long time no see! Are you done with your seminar/training? How have you integrated it with your energy work? Maybe a huge topic. Shall I PM you instead? Mandrake

Still working on this one.

I'm not sure if I ever mentioned, but I started studying I Liq Chuan recently. My Sifu asked me to stop practicing everything else that I had done before-- that's not to say there's anything wrong with other things I've tried-- KAP, PSD, Longmen Pai, etc-- He wants me to become an instructor, so if I want to pick up that other stuff later, it's cool, but for now there's a ton of material to learn.

• Like 3

Hey all--

Sorry for not updating... I've been really busy between school & trying to build up my personal training/kettlebell business.

My Sifu would say that I started to anticipate-- I was not "present." To change with the change requires presence. Thanks for your input! :)

They eventually wore off-- I don't consider myself an expert on any of this stuff, but from the way I describe what happens, it sounds like something "went up and got stuck." I didn't want to come forward in the video, but David Whitley (who was my KB instructor when all this happened) says the same thing in the comments on YouTube. He's since become a Hoshin Tao student of one of Dr. Morris's students.

Thanks, this all happened in 2008. A year later I took KAP 1 & 2 with both Santiago and Tao and left home for Seminary. I'll just say things got a bit interesting. At one point I was spending 6 hours a day on KAP, PSD, Yiquan, Taijiquan, and kettlebells.

The training was awesome, but I found that I really could not stand being around the majority of the people I encountered. I started having a lot of problems, some related to family issues back home and other related to my studies-- my Seminary classmates didn't think too highly of the guy doing standing meditation under trees and practicing weird kungfu all over the campus. I gotta admit that it WAS fun, though-- I'm a veteran, so I was basically being paid on my GI Bill to go to class, study, meditate, and practice kungfu all day long. The campus was like a big park, and it was up the street from a bigger park designed by the same person who designed New York's Central Park.

To be honest, it's my goal to put myself back in that situation, but with something maybe a bit less extreme. As a personal trainer and soon to be nutrition/lifestyle coach, I HAVE to be able to interact with people (even some I don't like)

What I learned from this process is you'll have to face things about yourself and about other people that you might not quite like.

Still working on this one.

I'm not sure if I ever mentioned, but I started studying I Liq Chuan recently. My Sifu asked me to stop practicing everything else that I had done before-- that's not to say there's anything wrong with other things I've tried-- KAP, PSD, Longmen Pai, etc-- He wants me to become an instructor, so if I want to pick up that other stuff later, it's cool, but for now there's a ton of material to learn.

It's good to hear your doing well and still practicing. Congrats on all of your work :)

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

Holy thread necro, Batman!

Prince, long time no see! Are you done with your seminar/training? How have you integrated it with your energy work? Maybe a huge topic. Shall I PM you instead? Mandrake

I thought I would revisit this-- shortly after my initial K experience, I enrolled in Seminary and was very interested in Christian mysticism, integrating these practices and internal martial arts into something I could teach in a liberal Christian setting. 

Things happened...naturally some people did not agree with my approach. OF COURSE I was labeled a heretic. 

I took some time away, found my Sifu and buried a lot of family members who were sick when this journey began in 2008. 

I've actually found a church setting that is open to learning about these experiences and am looking to hear within the next few weeks if I'll be continuing & eventually completing my studies this fall to finally finish out my Master of Divinity. 

I may even get to work with Kostas (yes, THAT Kostas) on some of his new projects if I'm lucky-- sorry, no Mopai stuff, but I'm fascinated with the martial arts stuff he's doing and how it might help veterans dealing with PTSD. 

Anyway-- just an update. 

Y'all keep on breathing! :-)