BaguaKicksAss

Is taking an entire bottle of melatonin safe?

I'm joking. But.. anyone have any get more sleep suggestions? Obviously the melatonin doesn't really work most of the time. Tylenol pm doesn't even work, and sometimes just makes me even more awake! The problem is usually when I'm traveling, which I do quite a bit of, and need a good nights sleep even more duirng those times.

Melatonin didn't seem to work for me either.

I got this advice from my chi kung teacher: take a tablespoon of whiskey and put it on a towel or wash cloth near your head.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

So I haven't had trouble sleeping 8 hours per night for a couple of months now (accept when I have to leave to travel the next morning, that still gets me).

My solution was, put all my awareness on my feet, and all qi sink down there. Works amazingly well! Even if I practice Bagua to late at night :).

• Like 2

I'm joking. But.. anyone have any get more sleep suggestions? Obviously the melatonin doesn't really work most of the time. Tylenol pm doesn't even work, and sometimes just makes me even more awake! The problem is usually when I'm traveling, which I do quite a bit of, and need a good nights sleep even more duirng those times.

Apparently exercising to utter exhaustion doesn't give more than an extra hour (though that extra hour was pretty nice, as was the all day bikeride lol).

Then once in awhile I'll learn or invent some new awesome qi technique which will work...a few times, then stop working again :(.

I'd be OK with the lack of sleep if I felt rested and functional the next day, but that isn't the case.

Suggestions?

Read a nonfiction history book.

Its like taking drugs. Makes me very sleepy.

Edited by RongzomFan
  • Like 1

Melatonin makes me irritable and puts me into a very trippy half sleep with frightening dreams. I wonder what an entire bottle would do to me...

I have found that for myself it's more about what I don't do or consume a certain amount of time before bed. For example if I drink caffeinated tea at all during the day I don't sleep well. Alcohol keeps me awake as well. I want to try that whiskey on the pillow thing, but I just can't waste good bourbon.

If I am really having trouble I get out of bed and eat some cheese. That does the trick for me. :D

Best method I've found as well.

My cel biology text while in college used to work really well also ;).