Sign in to follow this  
Zhongyongdaoist

Welcome Dr_D to the Tao Bums!

I just noticed a new member to the Tao Bums. He posts as Dr_D, here is from his profile page:

I am an ordained Daoist priest who works with individuals all over the world. I am passionate about bringing ancient teachings to life, allowing you to benefit from them in your day to day experiences: integrating your deeper spiritual work with every aspect of your life. I help Individuals who are working to deepen their spiritual connection and be congruent with their 3 bodies (physical, energetic, and spiritual) so they can thrive in a way that is in line with their greatest gift. I have been on a clear Spiritual journey ever since a profound meditation experience when he was 9 years old. Since that time, I had studied with numerous Masters from various traditions. I see the potential in turning any situation into a learning experience.

I also teach seminars on elements of Daoism that can be useful and readily integrated in anyones life. Feel free to email me and discuss having me as a guest speaker or to request a specific class be offered in the future.

I continue learning and deepening my own practice through weekly study with my Sifu, Senior Abbot Jerry Alan Johnson, at the Temple of the Celestial Cloud, in Monterey, California.

http://thetaobums.com/user/109824-dr-d/

Though I have often posted on Sifu Jerry Alan Johnson and defended him and his work in my posts here, I am not one of his students, nor do I know any personally, but I have done so because I believed based on his work that he deserved both respect and recognition. We are lucky on the Tao Bums to have Dr_D here now to be a more official representative and personally, I am happy that I won't have to post nice things about Sifu Johnson anymore, not that I intend to start posting bad ones.

Please be sure to encourage Dr_D to be active here and give us lots of the inside scoop on the High Mysteries of Daoist Magic and Alchemy.

• Like 2

Dr_D, looks like someone else took care of that whole intro thing for you lol ;).

I also definitely look forward to any insightful posts you may have to offer.

Oh and welcome to The Tao Bums.

Yeah, I have already responded to one of his posts. I hope I didn't scare him off. Hehehe.

I hope you didn't you bad hard headed skeptic you!(Insert smiley face of choice, I hate those things, though their judicious use might save me some problems.)

Since first coming to The Tao Bums I have thought that a real presence from Dr. Johnson's school would be a benefit here. In particular I remember a very biased and self-serving account of a meeting with him that was posted. I don't think that it is up anymore and the poster no longer posts on the Tao Bums. I didn't reply because all I could do was speculate about aspects of this person's account and I did not think that would be productive.

I saw Dr_D's other post under Talismans on the Taoist Forum. I originally posted this in General Discussion because I thought that finally having someone who could authoritatively answer any questions about Dr. Johnson's teachings, lineage and methods was a matter of general interest. It was moved here during the night and I just found it again myself a little while ago.

Here it won't quite serve the purpose that I had intended, but if a lot of people take note of his arrival and welcome him, then he maybe he will realize how much he is needed.

• Like 1

We moved the post to Lobby since it really was all about an introduction. Though we could discuss it further if you wish.

Esteam'd, I'm pretty sure he was asked ;).

I hope you didn't you bad hard headed skeptic you!(Insert smiley face of choice, I hate those things, though their judicious use might save me some problems.)

Yeah, I think I was pretty nice with my response.

When I first joined this board I had to attain and understanding with Religious and Alchemic Taoists. I speak from what I understand to be a pure Philosophical position. While I have been here I have grown to be much more understanding of other aspects of Taoism besides just Philosophical. But the philosophical aspect is the only one I will speak to as it is the only aspect I feel I have a little bit of understanding of.

Yes, it would be great if he became active here. I am sure there are a lot of people who would gain from his input.

• Like 1

... I speak from what I understand to be a pure Philosophical position...

I'm philosophical. My brain's too small to indulge in alchemy and such. I almost melted the brown off my skin once in Chemistry class. :unsure:

• Like 2

Hi Everyone

Thanks you for the warm welcome.

I will do my best to support those who are truly interested in obtaining a deep spiritual connection.

With gratitude

Dr. D

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this