NotVoid

What became of Qigong Master Yan Xin?

Does anyone know whatever became of Chinese qigong master Yan Xin?

When I check what appears to be the offical Yan Xin webpage

( http://yanxinqigong.net/ ) and elsewhere, there seems to be

no info on Yan Xin after about the early nineties or so. He seemed to be actively promoting his qigong through workshops and that sort of thing in the late eighties and maybe early nineties, but there seems to be next to no info about him after that period?

• Like 4

The Chinese government made him a "national treasure" which means they physically control his movements - this was due to the crackdown on the mass qigong movements Falun Gong and Zhong Gong and so Yan Xin could no longer hold mass public healings....

Yan Xin is still doing external qi experiments through Harvard Medical school - I emailed one of the researchers in Boston - the contact -- to ask if Yan Xin transmitted the energy from China or did he physically go to the U.S. for those experiments? No response.

But I think if Yan Xin was even visiting the U.S. word would get out on the internet due to the various Yan Xin groups, etc.

So Chunyi Lin told me that someone in L.A. told Chunyi that Yan Xin was living in New Jersey - I looked up online and could find nothing and I don't think that is true.

Ummm....

• Like 3

is there a biography of Master Yan Xin anywhere on the internet?

Thanks for all the replies.

pythagoreanfulllotus: I don't know that being named a national treasure alone would mean the Chinese government controls his movements. It seems to me other 'national treasures' have been free to travel to other countries and that sort of thing. From what I can gather from your reply, it sounds like you also do not know for certain where Yan Xin has been in the last decade or so however.

Ant: I previously posted a link to the International Yan Xin Qigong Association website which has a brief biography of Yan Xin:

http://yanxinqigong.net/aboutdryan/index.htm

Zanshin: I didn't read through the entire scientific study document which you posted the link to, but it seems that the study mentions Yan Xin qigong external qi emission was used in cooperation with the Yan Xin Foundation, but I didn't see where it was mentioned that it was Yan Xin himself who participated in the study. If Yan Xin is not mentioned specifically, it seems possible that it may have been one or more of Yan Xin's students who participated in the study.

It seems then that Yan Xin's whereabouts in the last decade or so is not known for certain? In any case he does not seem to have been continuing his public appearances, as there seems to be no recent information about him in the last decade or so, at least not that I was able to find in English. It was mentioned that Yan Xin attended a conference in NYC in 1997, but that was the last mention of him that I came across. Thanks again for the replies. Was just curious if Yan Xin was still teaching publicly somewhere, but perhaps he has been laying low for the last number of years for one reason or another.

Edited by NotVoid
  • Like 1

Thanks Zanshin. I missed that. So it seems he is still involved with scientific research of qigong, but the public teaching of qigong has maybe been stopped or is kept very low key now. Maybe this did have something to do with the Chinese government's crack down on large qigong groups like Falun Gong.

I was interested in this same thing....there is this one page which suggests he may have been a fake...interesting points: http://ancientway.com/blog/?p=2017

I am curious as to this as well...perhaps I shall go sleuthing soon.

That's some acupunturist who doesn't believe in external qi energy - they are afraid to seek out real qigong masters!

That's some acupunturist who doesn't believe in external qi energy - they are afraid to seek out real qigong masters!

I know, right! There is so much misinformation on Yan Xin out there - i would love to dive to the bottom of that mystery. I have a feeling that the Chinese gov't are purposefully hiding information about him. Perhaps even disseminating disinformation!

Yan Xin is first on the list of authors in the 2013 study.

Well if he is the author what do you think the chance is he would say his own chi or his own system is ineffective? Seems pretty ludicrous that he is the author of this study and not a PHD medical researcher with the proper credentials.

Well if he is the author what do you think the chance is he would say his own chi or his own system is ineffective? Seems pretty ludicrous that he is the author of this study and not a PHD medical researcher with the proper credentials.

well medical ph.d. is not considered the same level as another type of research ph.d.

So yeah medical "dr" -- doing research with a vested interest in positive results? hmm.. seems the same to me as a lot of medical or biomedical research.

well medical ph.d. is not considered the same level as another type of research ph.d.

So yeah medical "dr" -- doing research with a vested interest in positive results? hmm.. seems the same to me as a lot of medical or biomedical research.

My point was that someone with credentials as a scientific researcher without a vested interest in positive results or negative results would be much better. Why would a phd researcher have a vested interest in getting positive results from an external qi experiment. See my point? Much better and more trustworthy than having the guy himself testing his own external qi or system and then calling it scientific proof.

My point was that someone with credentials as a scientific researcher without a vested interest in positive results or negative results would be much better. Why would a phd researcher have a vested interest in getting positive results from an external qi experiment. See my point? Much better and more trustworthy than having the guy himself testing his own external qi or system and then calling it scientific proof.

I don't think he was the one testing it - read the paper!

There were several ph.d. researchers testing the results.

I don't think he was the one testing it - read the paper!

There were several ph.d. researchers testing the results.

He is one of the authors of the paper about the external Qi of his own system so there is a vested interest in a positive outcome. Because he is one of the authors most people won't see this as unbiased is my point.Did he actually ask the observers to leave the room in one of the studies? Would love to know if this is also true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3zbTub91GY

Dude he can observe them where ever he wants! haha.

If the qigong master was "testing" the results he would just use his third eye and go - yep all done.

The results are the objective empirical measurements - no one can say where qi comes from, etc. so there can't be double blind qi experiments.

To claim there is some "unbiased' science experiment is hilarious!

Science is biased inherently just based on the Pythagorean Theorem!

http://www.tpr-world.com/irrational_numbers.pdf

Logical inference trumps science.

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus
  • Like 2

I know there are some audio of his meditations floating around online. If I see them I will post some links.

• Like 3

I was interested in this same thing....there is this one page which suggests he may have been a fake...interesting points: http://ancientway.com/blog/?p=2017

I am curious as to this as well...perhaps I shall go sleuthing soon.

I would think if a blogger should at least find and read the actual studies instead of making a lot of conjecture based on the abstracts. The study I posted shows good empirical methodology from western science perspective, doesn't seem like people very interested in reading research papers though.

Edited by zanshin

I would think if a blogger should at least find and read the actual studies instead of making a lot of conjecture based on the abstracts.

yeah, agreed. It is so funny that he hasn't really been heard from though...if i was this big accomplished master I would be writing books, making videos, doing seminars and sharing my knowledge left and right. It almost has to be the government - or else he simply decided to retire?

I remember hearing about this seminar he did in San Francisco where he emitted his chi and half of the audience of hundreds of people started doing spontaneous movements and having all kinds of reactions. How can one person have so much energy - that is amazing if true.

• Like 1

I hope he's okay, from what I understand he is bona fide. In some systems, masters go through stages where they need to conserve their energy to reach new attainments. Please post if anyone finds any information.